Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:09:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6079 times)
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:48:27 PM

True and real! Like most persons investing in ICOs are really not in about the project but about making their own x2 or xwhatever Profit and in a short-run,  crashing the price lower than the initial ICO price. I for now just do the bounties and when I am with some loosed cash,  I can invest in few ICOs for the long run.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:10:06 PM

It is really hard for that to invest in ICO, but still a lot of ways to find out, if other people are making rich because of it then why we can't do it? for sure that time will come where in it would be easy for us to find out the good ICO to those who are not, so be just be patient and picky with what you are doing.
andrino

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:13:16 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

thanks for the great insights that you shared. Very interesting. It is very important to remember that we deal into the risky world. There should have a product in it to have value because some ico does not have product.
inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:13:57 PM

And I am in line with you bung, I doubt the average of ICO. most of them after succeeding in the ICO phase as if they lost their original principles and goals early in the introduction of the product (token or coin). Their tokens are just hanging around the market just like the others that work only for trading. I prefer to invest in BTC or other altcoins that they obviously have real value.
nominee

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:31:40 PM

And I am in line with you bung, I doubt the average of ICO. most of them after succeeding in the ICO phase as if they lost their original principles and goals early in the introduction of the product (token or coin). Their tokens are just hanging around the market just like the others that work only for trading. I prefer to invest in BTC or other altcoins that they obviously have real value.

I won't quit ICOs personally, I like some of them and I will buy their tokens. This is not only because of my speculative purposes, this is also because of my personal decission. I like the concept in general and I trust legit ones.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:58:53 PM

cryptocurrency market is not feeling good so noone can hope for high profits. you can just wait the next peroid of growth and hope your tokens will hit x10 or even more.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:16:15 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Ico does have a high risk and you should be aware at first, but not all ico scam, and there are still ico decent enough to follow. And to get a good ico then do some research first before investing in ico.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 756

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:39:14 PM

cryptocurrency market is not feeling good so noone can hope for high profits. you can just wait the next peroid of growth and hope your tokens will hit x10 or even more.

Crypto currencies are not suitable for all people to get more income it need intrested and some work to leaner and earn so if you are a beginner do some investment and learn something about that it will help you a lot .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:49:25 PM

Crypto currencies are not suitable for all people to get more income it need intrested and some work to leaner and earn so if you are a beginner do some investment and learn something about that it will help you a lot .
That is right, if you are not willing to enter it because you are too afraid of it then you don't need to enter, just go and explore yourself to other things, still a lot to do rather than investing in ICO, you can just join their campaigns at least no money involved in it, but just the effort of your service.
Justice0881

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:47:41 PM

I still believe that the craze this year would be more than the last years. But one thing some ICO become the so called scam is when they lose their projects because they were not able to convinced their potential clients.  I made some wrong decisions before after investing in an ICO and seeing their value when listed on exchange. Particularly with this number ICO, and yes there are such a large number of ICO existing now in the market and by one means or another its exceptionally befuddling where to contribute.
thegreatdodoy

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:02:04 AM

I still believe that the craze this year would be more than the last years. But one thing some ICO become the so called scam is when they lose their projects because they were not able to convinced their potential clients.  I made some wrong decisions before after investing in an ICO and seeing their value when listed on exchange. Particularly with this number ICO, and yes there are such a large number of ICO existing now in the market and by one means or another its exceptionally befuddling where to contribute.

I think we dont neet to quit we should finished what we have started because it only takes a little time for us to wait to earn a better profit.
Lonthe

Activity: 384
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:04:37 AM

As an investor of course you are free to make choices, if you feel ICOs are not profitable then quitting is the best option, but for me ICOs are a good thing and make my money grow faster.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
tuikindu

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:19:16 AM

Like Internet companies, ICO attracts many investors who don't want to miss the gold rush, all of which is done in pure speculation. We must be clearly aware that many companies in the ICO market have virtually no preparation, no alpha version of the project, all based on speculation and project potential.

So it's no surprise that most of these projects ended up failing.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:41:15 AM

• massive hardcaps

Because theres a good site that you can earn a lot of money than investing in icos but icos is good if you pick a good one but for me this is so very risk to hold but if you want a good amount of money or profi go in some trading site that you can play ypu money.
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:21:18 AM

• massive hardcaps

Actually, the most thing point of your topic, where we want to buy the ico coin, we will know what the best ico coin have we buy. Well the first point is where the ico have reached the soft cap and it will be good for us to buy this ico coin and it will be this ico success. And another reason for buy the ico coin is the coin have sold out in pre sale moment, it will be most interting by the investor to buy this ico on cronwdsale. That's what is all about..
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:50:31 AM

As an investor of course you are free to make choices, if you feel ICOs are not profitable then quitting is the best option, but for me ICOs are a good thing and make my money grow faster.
That is right, don't let those effort to just waste, make it a habit to know the team investigate it, join their community, make sure that they are active answering questions, that they are not making a promise that they are not keeping, and take time to read their whitepaper so you'll know if it is worth investing or not.
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:09:00 AM

This days there are many ICO that's why isn't so profitable. Everyday we can see several new ANN topic about new ICO project, but real questions is ; in which ICO you should invest? I stopped to invest in ICO long time ago, because in first one I was scammed and in second one when get listed everyone dump him and price drop so hard that when I sold my token (+ 20% bonus) I was still in loss.
bitsmola

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 04:12:43 AM

That is right, don't let those effort to just waste, make it a habit to know the team investigate it, join their community, make sure that they are active answering questions, that they are not making a promise that they are not keeping, and take time to read their whitepaper so you'll know if it is worth investing or not.
I find the intresting project WINSTARS. What you know about it? They make a casino on blockchain. In ICO in June they will start their gambings alfa platform. They have a very good comanda and intelligible white paper. It may will be a very strong project, after all it part of the market is empty. Dont have any casino on blockchain. They want to realise all on smartcontracts. It will be intresting.

Presentation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ok342zuWS0

Registation
https://winstars.io/ru/?ref=evnxbQX3
linh_thuy

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:50:14 AM

That is why most people keep away from ICOs. It is wiser to wait for the crypto to go in the market because you can actually buy it there cheaper. Those who buy early during the ICO dump what they have bought once the coin gets listed on a decent exchange. Most investors are just dumpers, so it is really best to buy coins in the market.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:59:40 AM

That is why most people keep away from ICOs. It is wiser to wait for the crypto to go in the market because you can actually buy it there cheaper. Those who buy early during the ICO dump what they have bought once the coin gets listed on a decent exchange. Most investors are just dumpers, so it is really best to buy coins in the market.

you are right, sometimes we can get a cheaper price when on the market, although sometimes ico gives a bonus, but when buying on the market so much more bonus we get.
especially when the market is in a downtrend, the price of coins when listing in the market will definitely be under ico price.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: