Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:25:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6079 times)
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:16:42 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

You are absolutely right. Recently I have also noticed a massive surge in the number of ICOs. Unfortunately, the quality has been going down at the same time. Most of the developers and the promoters are only interested in quick profits from the ICO sales.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:35:37 AM

me i almost quitting the icos because all i join some campaigns they dont give me salary. majority icos now are scam thats why im very lazy now to post and do the weekly task for my ico.
Crypto_4eva

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:41:37 AM

Some awesome points here. I think it's fair to say not everyone who makes  project is legit. But thorough investigations is important. Before investing I always try to protect my money or investment before any profit.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:47:43 AM

me i almost quitting the icos because all i join some campaigns they dont give me salary. majority icos now are scam thats why im very lazy now to post and do the weekly task for my ico.
yap, it can be said that many people who do not want to invest in an ICO anymore because they invest the money they have on Project Scam. so many projects are scam out there, because of that, we have to be careful. reasonable if they want to stop because they accept it, but it is a risk that needs to be noticed.
margarita_free

Activity: 127
Merit: 3

Good community manager for your blockchain project

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:48:23 AM

In Russia will be created the standard for identification of roguish ICO. The Russian cryptocurrencies and blockchain association has suggested to create special committee which will check reliability of founders information, the minimum viability of a product and the business plan to reveal roguish projects. According to RAKIB, in 2017 the Russian ICO projects have attracted $300 million, from them $150 million have fallen on roguish schemes. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
So, let's go to ICO)))) Grin

Junior community manager
Qahay

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:54:49 AM

The guy it's time to start investing in ICO again. Do it right now. To make good money.
otreza

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 09:17:20 AM

Maybe it is just too early to make such conclusions. This is a new sphere and there are so many misunderstandings but it will be better with the every single ICO is coming.

Forex & crypto in Iran
  ✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST  ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦ 
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:31:46 AM

Maybe it is just too early to make such conclusions. This is a new sphere and there are so many misunderstandings but it will be better with the every single ICO is coming.
Maybe people quiting ico because they are not lucky on the field. I believe that we can also lose on ICO if we are not doing things in a serious way. Ico is only for thise person who have a big patience on the crypto feild, because if we do not have patience to wait we. Can easily give up our tooen and lose.
biuifyus

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 09:43:05 AM

Most ICO is a scam, they can simply create a fake white paper and earn a lot of money.

Investing is really a risky undertaking. Good ICO projects are hard to find.
billbear

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:45:57 AM

this sounds true, but as for me, I will continue, becouse even earning $10 is much better then nothing, especially in poor countries.
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:20:52 AM

Well, we all now that many ICO is already gone. That is why the mentality of investor's will go negative and will be have so much doubt if they are going to invest in ICO again.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:27:38 AM

Hm, yes. It's interesting point of view. It has the right to exist.
The usual crowdfunding platforms and startups are also full of foolish ideas and bad offers, but they still exist. So, I don't think tat this year is the end of ICO. Our analytics methods should be fastidious.
Ending ICO wasnt the answer about all the issues that surrounding this area of profiteering,what we need is to have a regulatory body that will focus only on every ico that will soon to comes out,this body will regulate the every project befeore they release it,so this will prevent all the necessary inquiries about ico.but we must be particular in every member that will be part of this body because irregularities will happen if now
evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

Its okay to do this if you do different ways to earn such as investment, mining and trading session but if you don't have enough money to participate it, you must not quit ICO because this is the other way to earn easily money. If you encounter a problem then you need to be strong to overcome this situation. Don't ever decide to do this because if you do this you will be regret of it.

Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:05:52 PM

Some times it is hard to make the right decisions and considering the big numbers of ICO's it is hard to make the right choice, even so i truly believe that there are some serious ICO's with a team who really believe in their project, so just try to be positive and change the characteristics thru you choose the ICOs you invest in.
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:31:29 PM

Too much ICO is sure to make everyone confused, this is certainly a tough competition so at this very difficult time to make ICO successful and can reach hardcap, I think ICO should find the best solution to be successful.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

Too much ICO is sure to make everyone confused, this is certainly a tough competition so at this very difficult time to make ICO successful and can reach hardcap, I think ICO should find the best solution to be successful.

A lot of ICO out there are really scams, and it is hard for us to analyze the real or the legit one as some ICO's are convincing that they are legit, you will just found out the real after the ICO, if they will distribute tokens or not, some will distribute token but no value at all or no exchange.
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:26:30 PM

Am not going to quite because this there has so many investors here holding their coins up to this date ,they have not quite because of lrice or some so stand with them.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

Am not going to quite because this there has so many investors here holding their coins up to this date ,they have not quite because of lrice or some so stand with them.
Quitting will never be possible as many opportunities ICO can offer, it will be just a matter of time before we will be able to filter legit ICO to not.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:10:17 PM

Well. This is your decision and your arguments are also quite logical. You can for some time leave the ICO projects. I hope that soon the states will begin to regulate the conduct of the ICO and have already announced this in France, Russia, Japan and Australia. When the ICO activities are much safer, you can always return.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:13:51 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Quitting ico's means you are already throwing everything, working on bounty campaigns today to promote the platform of an ico is very profitable since some of them do really have the potential to become at the top of the market due to the competition and the volatility of the market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: