Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6079 times)
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:23:11 PM

Still, there are some ICOs that can bring the investors the profits that they will never get when trading or investing in the cryptocurrencies. You need just to see if there are hype around this ICO!
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinminer45678

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:26:06 PM

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem.
This was what stuck out to me^^^.

I've heard it said that even bitcoin is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and if you view it as a currency only I'd be willing to believe that.  And ICOs?  I am by no means an expert on crypto, but judging from some of the ICOs I've seen, it looks like they're trying to crowbar a blockchain "solution" onto things that aren't even problematic in the first place.  I suspect in most cases it's not even the developers' intention to even do something unique and necessary--they're just looking for a profit, much like the developers of the myriad altcoins don't really think another shitcoin is necessary.  They just want to plant their own flag and cash in on the craze.

Never having invested in any of these ICOs, I don't have the rose-tinted glasses that a lot of investors have toward them.  They just seem silly to me at best, scams at worst.  It's no wonder why Wall Street hasn't bought into any of them (that I know of).  I'm old enough to remember the internet stock craze, and it really feels like that kind of vibe, except it's even worse because there's not even a real business behind the average ICO project, just some cryptocurrency that's almost guaranteed to approach zero within months.
Yeah i know most of the people got disappointed because of scam ico's and I really do agree with what you are trying to point out. There really are a lot of useless projects out there with some even making their own imaginary problems just to have something to pair with their own imaginary solutions. And the worse thing? Some people actually buy their sht and believe this stuff. Truly, ICOs nowadays are getting more worse but I still won't quit investing as long as I can still find a few great ICOs out there.
bratuha

Activity: 420

BRINGING MAGIC

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:25:35 PM

I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.
I participant in good ico projects 2018 and their not many. I found a good bounty Manager and participated in his projects, for examples: Amazix
NotoriousHodler

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:35:16 PM

Investing in ICO in 2018 is really-really risky deal. I keep this position and invest in pretty much solid coin, and never regretted it.
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:37:53 PM

Too many people have lost money by ICOs, many ICOs appear in 2017, but 97% of them are ICOs that are failing or causing losses. Without any form of investment, it is safe and secure, and successful until you try to spend your time on the job by analysing and evaluating it.

deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:19:42 PM

Agreed with OP on some points, regarding the tokens which are sold in pre-sale, there are now many ICO who also lock the token for the investors to some extent of the period for those participated in private/pre-sale. And its fine & smart decision not to invest in an ICO, but buy the tokens after the crowd sale is over from ether or fork delta decentralized exchange from there you can buy the tokens at a very cheap price, it can be the equivalence to a price during pre-sale.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:19:13 PM

yes, very good thinking. but I didn't stop at ico because I worked with ico coin hunting by following several projects. I currently still hold the ico coin that I got from hunting for prizes, because I have speculation that the ico I hold will still rise. it's very risky to hold a coin ico, so in my opinion it's better to convert into a coin that has better potential. at the moment I am still waiting for the ico price increase that I hold, and hopefully the price will rise again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:27:20 AM

Many people prefer choosing coin in market and they dont join in ICOs. The reason is some token from ICOs when landed on exchanger, the price drop below ICOs price and its not good for investor

Rosesie

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:06:15 AM

I can get your point. there are so many people who lost money with ICO recently because most of ICOs are scams. That is the reason why you have to be careful
ivandu

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:21:39 AM

Many people prefer choosing coin in market and they dont join in ICOs. The reason is some token from ICOs when landed on exchanger, the price drop below ICOs price and its not good for investor
i am do that , make buy order in market with low price could make me earn more profit than people investing their fund in ico stage.since cryptocurrency market crash , i am affraid joining ico project.
kevincandra

Activity: 261
Merit: 1

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:58:26 AM
Merited by Bijikopi (1)

With so many ICOs appearing this year, making the spread of investments out of control, many ICOs with potential projects lose to ordinary ICOs with unreasonable bonus offers.

of the many ICOs that appear, some fraud projects take the opportunity and make marketing look very sweet, the mindset of investors today is that they tend not to fully research, they just see the hype and just think about how to get instant profits.

The absence of good regulations and limited to independent assessment of platforms such as icorating, etc., makes everything business oriented. no one guarantees this project can be responsible for returning money and even developing their project after the end of the sale.

I stopped participating in the ICO this year, but I'm not too optimistic and just wait for the situation to be conducive again where the ICO is dominated by projects that have very good quality with clear development. There must be regulations in this regard, but unfortunately there is no such thing.

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[Fintropy]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Tokenized ETF Management Platform
www.fintropy.io
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:33:52 AM

i am do that , make buy order in market with low price could make me earn more profit than people investing their fund in ico stage.since cryptocurrency market crash , i am affraid joining ico project.
of course this is what makes it difficult for us to find ico who achieved hardcap at this time. many people prefer trading by buying potential coins and have a large price reduction, so that later they will get a lot of profit

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
andieoke
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:05:03 AM

You have participated a lot in the ICO project and from that participation you have suffered a lot of losses, so you decide to stop participating in the ICO project. Indeed, that is your personal right, but if possible I suggest, do not stop here, look for a good project and get a lot of money to restore the losses you suffer.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:06:54 AM

The current ICO market is really not potential. At the bottom of the market, everything is bad. But I believe there are still some great projects waiting for us. But now the investment in ICO has not made much profit as before, we should switch to other areas of monetization.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:14:12 AM

The current ICO market is really not potential. At the bottom of the market, everything is bad. But I believe there are still some great projects waiting for us. But now the investment in ICO has not made much profit as before, we should switch to other areas of monetization.
I disagree.
Current ICO markets are really much potential and they can really bear you huge profits in much less time. Just the issue is that there are a lot of projects who tends to be scam and that gets us a loss.
If you concentrate onto only Initial Coin Offering phases amd choose some potential project, than indeed you can make a great profit ahead.
Even choosing a correct bounty can lead you yo earn thousands of dollars so just imagine how much profit can you gain if you are investing your funds into it.
Ad Baculum

Activity: 175
Merit: 23

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:30:42 AM

I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.
This year many ICOs did not success because they did not reach there caps unlike last year that many called that year ICO year because many successful ICO have been made. Don't quit ICO because this is a normal phenomena in this crypto world so lets just be patient about it.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:02:27 AM

Well maybe your right about that when you say people have crazes from reaching the maximum,but this is from the old days,when they are still concerned about the crypto community and about the investors

And todays i speaks.most of the ico is a killer of the investors.they victimizing people and suck all their assets and then go away taking all the investors money
mkhadazz

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:18:27 AM

what you mentioned really happened to IOO, and lately ICOs have often been created but cannot deliver very much results and maybe the ICO now has begun to tend to go down and the interested ones have started to decline, and your choice to get out of This ICO is the best choice for you.
yurekaa

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:44:23 AM

this is the reality if we play investment in bitcoin that has not been released or under pre-ico conditions. many investors have failed when buying altcoins in pre-ico conditions because after circulating on the market, the price of the coin fell greatly from the promised price. this is the crypto world that requires us to be very careful in buying coins that do not have good credibility. and we must understand all the risks that will occur.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:49:14 AM

what you mentioned really happened to IOO, and lately ICOs have often been created but cannot deliver very much results and maybe the ICO now has begun to tend to go down and the interested ones have started to decline, and your choice to get out of This ICO is the best choice for you.

It is always good to get out from the ICO's because really the companies are raising the money but cannot able to deliver what they have promised to the community. So it is always good to follow the interesting project while after listing them in the exchanges and follow their development strategy until they deliver the end product.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: