Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BITE] Bitcoin EOS (EOS clone)  (Read 4474 times)
night.0wl

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:51:38 AM

BitcoinEOS (BITE)
A word from the main developer Wink

I am not a programmer but with help of youtube I managed to start free coin distribution with copy/paste contract (As a fun experiment). I put coin name, total supply and distribution (no White paper, website) to bitcointalk thread including one contract address. That contract has received about 30K orders so far (and 0,04eth as tips) After a while I realised that I had accidently created another identical contract that had grown even bigger. So far it has 125K orders (and 3eth as tips?). I have no idea where those orders to second contract came from but I felt that I should include those as part of distribution. First contract just was not successful enough to distribute all 900M BITES. After some voting hasle and feedback from community I decided to treat tokens (BITE) from both contracts equal. This will mean I have to burn extra tokens to keep original total supply. I am still working on how to do this best way.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when people order BITE tokens they have to pay gas for Ethereum network (even if order is 0eth). In this case it has been something between 000003eth-0,008eth per order (avg: 0,0005eth). (People do not always choose lowest possible cost. Atleast I don't) I believe that in cryptoworld people are responsible on their own gas cost. Right? In this case it seems like most people have not even seen my project details so they just order for the hell of it?  (atleast those who order from contract2). If they knew about the my project they would now stop ordering from contract2 because contract1 gives double amounth of BITEs but that is not the case.

Questions:
-Is there something that community thinks I should do to be fair in these circumstances. Pay back eth tips for example? Close token distribution  + project (to stop gas burning)?
-Is there any future for this token?
-Is it possible that second contract orders are from a whale who will use this for pump and dump?
-Any smart contract experts here. I need some help with my "copy/paste contract".

So if you're not a developer/programmer how are you going to be able to fork eos and maintain and develop it?
Studu (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:45:27 AM

It's many coins that end up forcing people to simply put together two good things existing, but there's no guarantee that this union will bring about something much better! EOS is a promising project, Bitcoin dispenses comments, if you were not newbie, could pass some credibility, but I'll not mention the fact that it's token ERC-20. Wink

I don't consider my self a newbie since i have been in space from 2014. Just not active in bitcointalk.
Studu (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:47:20 AM

BitcoinEOS (BITE)
A word from the main developer Wink

I am not a programmer but with help of youtube I managed to start free coin distribution with copy/paste contract (As a fun experiment). I put coin name, total supply and distribution (no White paper, website) to bitcointalk thread including one contract address. That contract has received about 30K orders so far (and 0,04eth as tips) After a while I realised that I had accidently created another identical contract that had grown even bigger. So far it has 125K orders (and 3eth as tips?). I have no idea where those orders to second contract came from but I felt that I should include those as part of distribution. First contract just was not successful enough to distribute all 900M BITES. After some voting hasle and feedback from community I decided to treat tokens (BITE) from both contracts equal. This will mean I have to burn extra tokens to keep original total supply. I am still working on how to do this best way.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when people order BITE tokens they have to pay gas for Ethereum network (even if order is 0eth). In this case it has been something between 000003eth-0,008eth per order (avg: 0,0005eth). (People do not always choose lowest possible cost. Atleast I don't) I believe that in cryptoworld people are responsible on their own gas cost. Right? In this case it seems like most people have not even seen my project details so they just order for the hell of it?  (atleast those who order from contract2). If they knew about the my project they would now stop ordering from contract2 because contract1 gives double amounth of BITEs but that is not the case.

Questions:
-Is there something that community thinks I should do to be fair in these circumstances. Pay back eth tips for example? Close token distribution  + project (to stop gas burning)?
-Is there any future for this token?
-Is it possible that second contract orders are from a whale who will use this for pump and dump?
-Any smart contract experts here. I need some help with my "copy/paste contract".

So if you're not a developer/programmer how are you going to be able to fork eos and maintain and develop it?

I wish to partner with developer. Pm me if interrested
mikoartist

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:52:38 AM

I got mine 3,200.55099417 free airdrops
Thanks Bitcoin EOS
ico_fond

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:33:19 PM

So this token is just a joke to test smartcontarct?
night.0wl

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

So this token is just a joke to test smartcontarct?

I think the plan is (was?) to fork EOS in a few months.
Studu (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:34:22 PM

BITE Distribution news

Contract 1 is closed now. Contract 2 is still open. 

Contract1: https://etherscan.io/address/0xf7dca20054469a1d548b20859a100b9ec6ff1f61 (Distribution finished)
Contract2: https://etherscan.io/address/0x1530df3e1c69501d4ecb7e58eb045b90de158873
Anycrypt

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:20:03 AM

A distinctive feature of EOS will be a much more economical operation. So, if such giants as bitcoin and ether use tons of electricity, the protection of which has recently been increasingly mentioned in crypto-communities, the EOS will spend it only if necessary.
Studu (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:27:34 AM

Check out new bounties  Tongue

Bounties:
Finished or ongoing:
-Setting up a publick test network for BITE(ongoing)
-Idea competition: BITE purpose (Finished)

Open
-Build hello word smart contract in BITE public test network
-Connect your node to BITE public testnet
-Build chain explorer in BITE public test network
-Build wallet in public BITE test network
-Idea competition: how BITE can stand out from competitors while still bringing fun back to smart contracts

Join Telegram community to partisipate Bounties:
https://t.me/joinchat/Fuo_mRJHXIEnal6LxB5TNQ
qiafbounty

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 03:10:36 PM

any website or more information about this project ?
Studu (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:36:14 PM

any website or more information about this project ?

At this point all info will be published either here or in our telegram group. At the moment we are working hard with BITE testnet...
joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:53:20 AM

BITE Distribution news

Contract 1 is closed now. Contract 2 is still open. 

Contract1: https://etherscan.io/address/0xf7dca20054469a1d548b20859a100b9ec6ff1f61 (Distribution finished)
Contract2: https://etherscan.io/address/0x1530df3e1c69501d4ecb7e58eb045b90de158873

What was wrong with 1. contract, are both equal?
Studu (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:33:58 AM

Yes, tokens in both contract are equal. bite1=bite2=>eos clone token.
escahe75

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:13:17 PM

Which GAS Price and GAS Limit should I set in sending 0ETH? And How much BITE will be cost in average? I see 90% is set for free distribution so how coin will get its price?
I recieved my 4000 BITES
FundCoins

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:22:13 PM

Where can I find detailed information about your project?
Studu (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:18:03 PM

Where can I find detailed information about your project?

I will update here and in our telegram group when there is something new. Right now we are setting up BITE testnet.
(More blockchain and frontend devs are needed. If anyone is interrested in joining our dev team you should PM me)

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:24:17 PM

Sometimes with this kind of project, I feel that it will not gonna last long. What's the main purpose of this token other than trading when it hits in a certain exchange?
Studu (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:17:59 PM

A word from “main developer”
BITE project is at early stage but I can see that if we get right talent (developers and block producers) on board then this could be successful. I believe EOS blockchain will become very popular and even revolutionize blockchain space when launched. But I also think that EOS clones are needed.  This is because EOS token is a bit like real estate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svYvTkABDvo). When EOS mainnet will become too expensive then some developers will turn to alternative. Also most end users will not even know which blockchain they are using since they are using it via web interface (like steemit forum). So BITE’s short term strategy is to attract (with BITE rewards) dapp developers and other key players to our testnet and later to our live BITE chain.
Studu (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:36:49 AM

Sometimes people send some eth as tip when they order BITEs from free distribution address (0x1530df3e1C69501d4Ecb7E58eB045b90DE158873). Those tips will be used as bounties to get things done for this project. Here is one example: https://cryptoprimitive.github.io/toastycoin-frontier/interact.html?address=0x10295bfbaadb66bca82e832a0e1a48bfbb8a86bb.

I will soon release similar bounty for these tasks :
-Connect your node to BITE testnet
-Build wallet for our public test network

What else should be build on our testnet?
night.0wl

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:29:02 PM

Seems like things are moving telegram is growing fast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: