Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:32:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private  (Read 45765 times)
SimpleMan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:47:37 PM

Is there any clarity on these spam accusations that have been filed?

What are you talking about?

I have read other user's commenting that this fork is just to steal your private keys and your monero

ONLY if your stupid enough to copy/paste your private keys into some public place.. But that could be said for ANY coin..
There are CLEAR guidelines to help people claim their coins IF THEY SO CHOOSE..  If you are that paranoid, DO NOT claim them.
Not sure I can make that any more clear then that..

If you claim the coins from the fork is there no way to link the forked coins to the coins from the former blockchain? I thought I somewhere read that Satoshi couldn't claim his Bitcoin Cash because it would reveal he is still around. Hence, it must be possible to link them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
asonganyi

Activity: 464
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:17:46 PM

Good news! Another exchange, BTC-alpha supports the fork and will be listing MoneroV, as well as credit XMV to XMR holders!
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1037
Merit: 103

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:50:21 AM

If any of the popular exchanges or online wallet supports the fork than it would be easier and safer to place all my monero and claim the forked coin. But if supported is not announced than I'm out of this.

Crypto_O

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:52:09 AM

Still nobody answered my question - even tried emailing the devs twice. It's not a good sign when there is no response from devs for basic quesitons

"What wallet do I need to use to get MoneroV? I couldn't find any info on it. I have monero wallet from freewallet. I don't want to fiddle with private keys if possible.

Also for how long do I need to hold Monero to get MoneroV when the block happens? For seconds, hours, days or... ?"
Angel Di

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:57:14 AM

I have read other user's commenting that this fork is just to steal your private keys and your monero
Also saw in open spaces of the Internet much that many warn against forks. Probably it is the truth that can lead to loss at first of keys, and then and coins. As all of us already know, there are such already examples. It of course is very sad
spaceman2

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:40:01 AM

Still nobody answered my question - even tried emailing the devs twice. It's not a good sign when there is no response from devs for basic quesitons

"What wallet do I need to use to get MoneroV? I couldn't find any info on it. I have monero wallet from freewallet. I don't want to fiddle with private keys if possible.

Also for how long do I need to hold Monero to get MoneroV when the block happens? For seconds, hours, days or... ?"

well the wallet monerov will provide is the answer
ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:07:51 AM

You are making this harder then it is. Why not just join the telegram and ask the team? - https://t.me/monerovxmv
This is also written in all their announcements and faq pages like - https://monerov.org/updates/

You just need to hold on any full access wallet at the time of that block.
ingo49

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:09:47 AM

Also saw in open spaces of the Internet much that many warn against forks. Probably it is the truth that can lead to loss at first of keys, and then and coins. As all of us already know, there are such already examples. It of course is very sad

You have just believing the FUD from vicious ppl. Just wait to see the opensource wallet like the team is saying.
You cannot 'loss' anything to anyone if you practice safe forking like written on the official MoneroV website -

"How can I safely participate in the fork?

1. Hold XMR locally as you would at the time of the snapshot.
2. Wait for the official open-source MoneroV wallet announcement.
3. Download the MoneroV wallet ONLY from the official website or Github repo.
4. Extract XMV using the official wallet anytime in the future.

NOTE: You can extract the XMV from an empty/altered wallet that had XMR at the time of the snapshot. Meaning you can send your XMR to another wallet prior to extracting XMV."
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:15:59 AM

You have just believing the FUD from vicious ppl. Just wait to see the opensource wallet like the team is saying.
You cannot 'loss' anything to anyone if you practice safe forking like written on the official MoneroV website -

NOTE: You can extract the XMV from an empty/altered wallet that had XMR at the time of the snapshot. Meaning you can send your XMR to another wallet prior to extracting XMV."

Even if the wallet just doesn't straight up steal your coins (who knows? the source hasn't been published yet), there's still a risk to privacy. I think you need to read the article yourself.
ingo49

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:41:27 AM

Even if the wallet just doesn't straight up steal your coins (who knows? the source hasn't been published yet), there's still a risk to privacy. I think you need to read the article yourself.

No, I'm sorry to inform you that you are wrong.

They said numerous time it is going to be only 100% open-source, and everybody knows this.
There is NO risk to privacy as debunked by the team, again, numerous times.

Stop with the nonsense
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:50:32 AM

They said numerous time it is going to be only 100% open-source, and everybody knows this.

That's good, I'll stop talking about that then.

Stop with the nonsense

I'm sure "the team" are super trustworthy. I'd rather listen to Monero's developers on the matter, spending your coins on both forks harms both your privacy and the privacy of others.

The only reason for this fork to exist is selfishness and greed. It brings nothing new to Monero, their plans are to move the decimal point and mine a load of coins for themselves? That sounds revolutionary...  Roll Eyes
ingo49

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:10:26 AM

That's good, I'll stop talking about that then.

Stop with the nonsense

I'm sure "the team" are super trustworthy. I'd rather listen to Monero's developers on the matter, spending your coins on both forks harms both your privacy and the privacy of others.

The only reason for this fork to exist is selfishness and greed. It brings nothing new to Monero, their plans are to move the decimal point and mine a load of coins for themselves? That sounds revolutionary...  Roll Eyes

Sure, like any other big fork events had support from the original team.
Yeah, dismiss all the work put into it (seen the buildbot / git?) including the change of unlimited supply.

Maybe you need a reminder to why a team should be private instead of having a leader to a PRIVACY coin -
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6d5yt5/what_fluffypony_just_did_is_not_ok/

Oh yeah, do'nt forget to believe everything the Monero team says. They are the ones that did not forsee such a 'simple' fork could 'ruin' the privacy of Monero - LOL!
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:11:16 AM

Pool for MoneroV when the blockchain is ready: https://xmv.leafpool.com/

Difficulty Chart and price history for MoneroV: https://www.difficultychart.com/monerov
ingo49

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:37:00 AM

Is this official and was announced via MoneroV team?
Do you even support CryptoNote mining as of now?
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:59:15 PM

Is this official and was announced via MoneroV team?
Do you even support CryptoNote mining as of now?

No, it is not official. I am just posting it here that we will have a MoneroV pool. And Yes we do have a running pool for CryptoNote coins already.
ingo49

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:23:54 AM

If any of the popular exchanges or online wallet supports the fork than it would be easier and safer to place all my monero and claim the forked coin. But if supported is not announced than I'm out of this.

They have already released news about 2 exchanges suppourting - Ovis & BTC-alpha. https://twitter.com/monero_v
It's not hitbtc yet, but a good start. These exchanges have HUGE Monero volume (TOP 20).

There is also support from Freewallet.

It's actually safer to claim and hold locally. You cannot 'loose' anything to anyone if you practice safe forking like written on the official MoneroV website -

ingo49

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:27:04 AM

They have already released news about 2 exchanges suppourting - Ovis & BTC-alpha. https://twitter.com/monero_v
It's not hitbtc yet, but a good start. These exchanges have HUGE Monero volume (TOP 20).

There is also support from Freewallet.

It's actually safer to claim and hold locally. You cannot 'loose' anything to anyone if you practice safe forking like written on the official MoneroV website -

CrackingCrypto

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:39:41 AM

Here are our thoughts on the MoneroV Fork/Airdrop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3p9QDVHUvY
ku4eto

Activity: 194
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:27:43 PM

Aside from the really suspicious airdrop, then it comes to this:

You can clearly see from this picture, which is from this article: https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/03/01/monero-hard-forks-to-monerov-in-mid-march/

They have hired bots to spread how "awesome" is this "new coin". I wouldn't touch MoneroV with a 10 meter stick.
ingo49

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:51:58 PM

HitBTC is supporting the fork - https://twitter.com/monero_v/status/978727110306037760. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: