Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:32:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Willing to pay clickers  (Read 1786 times)
Sultan (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 04:02:50 PM

OK, here's the deal.

I have joined some PTC sites, and would like to see how much "clicking" labour I can buy for my BitCoin.

If you don't know, PTC sites pay very little, like 1 cent per click, of which 4 clicks are minimum a day. This allows a clicker to earn about $1.20 a month.

I am willing to pay any individual one BitCoin for 30 continuous days of clicking 4 ads on a site I have signed up to as my direct referral. As my referral I do not steal any of the cash you earn from the site, you get to keep the $1.20 you make, but for every click you do, I get half a cent.

For example, if you click 4 ads a day, you will get 4 cents a day, and I will get 2 cents a day, so the site pays both of us 6 cents a day in total.

Out of the 2 cents I earn from you a day, I will pay you 1 BitCoin (I can only afford this if the price for BitCoins stay around $0.30 to $0.50 each).

I know it is tiny amounts, but I would like to start off small first to earn trust. I have more sites that I have signed up to and there is a potential to earn more, depending on how much "work" you want to do.

Clicking to view ads doesn't take much time at all, each ad takes up about 1 minute to look at? So let us say, just to be on the safe side, this would cost you about 15 minutes of your time a day? Plus you have the potential to increase your earnings through rented referrals etc.

I will pay upon completion of the contract, which is 30 days of clicking without a gap. Every 15 days I will pay half a BitCoin, so you get income twice a month.

If you are interested, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me. Or if you have any advice or constructive criticism, please don't hesitate to post on this thread.

Many thanks

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 04:42:45 PM

[edited]
So, what industry will be the first to get clobbered by bitcoin?

CPC advertising is one that is quite vulnerable to anonymity + micropayments + remote workforce.

/ me thinks it might be a good time to reconsider using CPC advertising.   :-)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 04:45:24 PM

i first though, you made up a new PTC site that pays in bitcoins, had that idea myself (to offer another way to 'earn' bitcoins),
seems you only want refs on some 'usual' PTCs though.

Clicking to view ads doesn't take much time at all, each ad takes up about 1 minute to look at?
it also doesn't make much sense to me, let's say it takes 1minute and you get 1cent,
that's a whole 60cents for an hour of work (as stupid as it is, it's still work todo), that's not actually an impressive amount of money.
if you're willing to work for less than a dollar per hour, i guess there's some better jobs out there.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 04:56:10 PM

This sounds rather unethical.

Sultan (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 05:11:59 PM

I haven't set up my own BitCoin PTC site as of yet Sad I don't have the manpower or the resources to launch that kind of a campaign.

My primary goal is to circulate BitCoin amongst more users.

I understand that that is a low amount for now, however, one is not considering the amount of money they are earning by themselves anyway, money which they could re-invest with rent referrals in the site.

So in reality, their earnings a month will be $1.20 + 1 BTC. Which is about 4 BTC, at the current exchange rate.

I don't see how this is unethical, could you please explain? Should some adjustments be made?

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 05:24:47 PM

It's unethical because you are offering incentive for people to click the ad and take money from the advertiser when the don't give a sh*t about the product.
Sultan (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 05:42:17 PM

Nah man!

That's not what product-people are buying! They are buying exposure. Just like companies who spend money on billboards, does that mean everyone who looks at it has an obligation to be interested in it? If an advertiser paid you a bit to look at their advert is that unethical?

True I offer an incentive, but the incentive is for people to get exposed to the products, not to nessecarily buy them.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 05:59:50 PM

no, see there is passive and active. Looking is passive, clicking is active. Let's take your billboard example the advertiser pays a flat rate. You want to pay people to look at it knock yourself out, your only hurting yourself. Much like if they paid a flat rate for a banner on a site, you could pay people to click it but that would just be stupid. Now let's take clicking let's say with organic traffic 10% of clicks results in a sale so they budget 5% for advertising, making them have a 5% profit. With your incentives it dilutes it to 3% of clicks, guess what they are losing 2%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: