Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news!  (Read 28010 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:24:31 AM

So is the Ripple XRP a different kind of bitcoin and if so, how is it different/better?

http://www.newfination.com/2013/08/01/the-ripple-network-review-what-is-ripple/4103/

XRP is down about 70% from its highs, which is why I think it should really surge on this news once more people find out about it.

How do we buy XRP

Would you like to buy some feathercoin v2 v3 and Scrypt Bitcoins too? They'll probably fare out better in the long term relative to XRP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:30:12 AM

So is the Ripple XRP a different kind of bitcoin and if so, how is it different/better?

http://www.newfination.com/2013/08/01/the-ripple-network-review-what-is-ripple/4103/

XRP is down about 70% from its highs, which is why I think it should really surge on this news once more people find out about it.

How do we buy XRP

Would you like to buy some feathercoin v2 v3 and Scrypt Bitcoins too? They'll probably fare out better in the long term relative to XRP.
Ladies and gentleman Mr. TradeFortress, give him a warm welcome.

Are you the owner of RippleScam.org? How will you handle the lawsuit from OpenCoin when they sue you for doing that?
By the way, Mr. Tradefortress I heard that your business is closed-source, off-the-chain, centralized, IOU issuing webwallet service that is advertising that it transacts (near) instantly between users?
Is that true? Good luck with that Cheesy
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:35:37 AM

Are you the owner of RippleScam.org? How will you handle the lawsuit from OpenCoin when they sue you for doing that?
By the way, Mr. Tradefortress I heard that your business is closed-source, off-the-chain, centralized, IOU issuing webwallet service that is advertising that it transacts (near) instantly between users?

The key thing is that Inputs compliments the decentralized Bitcoin instead of replacing Bitcoin with a centralized version and calling it XIO.
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:39:49 AM

The key thing is that Inputs compliments the decentralized Bitcoin instead of replacing Bitcoin with a centralized version and calling it XIO.
OK, thank you for your explanation, it's really a good moment for me to learn things that I was wondering for months.
What can you tell me about some people claiming that you offered them 5BTC to edit their posts to "Ripple is a scam" on the first page of the Ripple Giveaway thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212730.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145506.0
If it's the truth, what is the motivation behind doing that?
Thank you!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:44:35 AM

OK, thank you for your explanation, it's really a good moment for me to learn things that I was wondering for months.
What can you tell me about some people claiming that you offered them 5BTC to edit their posts to "Ripple is a scam" on the first page of the Ripple Giveaway thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212730.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145506.0
If it's the truth, what is the motivation behind doing that?
Thank you!
Bringing more awareness to ripple's false advertising Smiley

Do you know charities and non-profit organizations spend substantial amounts on advertising?

You're doing a nice job shilling for OpenCoin, awaiting your job offer & paycheck just like misterbiggs?
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:47:02 AM

Good to know that, it's a really nice motivation Cheesy

Can you tell me why did Google Ventures invested into OpenCoin, company behind Ripple if it was so obvious that it's a fraud?
http://gigaom.com/2013/05/14/google-ventures-invests-in-opencoin-the-firm-behind-bitcoin-exchange-ripple/

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:50:37 AM

It's true that with Ripple there will be no more centralized bitcoin exchange websites. There will just be a centralized bitcoin exchange website. Claiming that trading via Ripple is more decentralized is like claiming that by using a desktop gox interface you're no longer trading on centralized bitcoin exchanges.

Yeah LOL.  At least magicaltux doesn't go around claiming that MtGox is a decentralized protocol.   Even though the trade engine does reach consensus by consensus.

Anyway, lets see what these guys can do.  There's a lot of talented folks on the team, who have more in mind than just sinking opencoin founders deeper in the black.  
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:53:29 AM

Good to know that, it's a really nice motivation Cheesy

Can you tell me why did Google Ventures invested into OpenCoin, company behind Ripple if it was so obvious that it's a fraud?
http://gigaom.com/2013/05/14/google-ventures-invests-in-opencoin-the-firm-behind-bitcoin-exchange-ripple/

All frauds have winners and losers Smiley

Ripple isn't a fraud in the sense that it steals your wallet.dat, but it deceptively presents what it actually is. That's because few people from this community would use it if they knew what Ripple actually is.

By the way, Google Ventures also invested in Buttercoin.
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:56:53 AM

Ripple isn't a fraud in the sense that it steals your wallet.dat, but it deceptively presents what it actually is. That's because few people from this community would use it if they knew what Ripple actually is.

OK, thank you for you polite answers Cheesy I was thinking that you made all that in order to buy millions of XRP at the low price, but I was obviously wrong Cheesy
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:00:01 AM

OK, thank you for you polite answers Cheesy I was thinking that you made all that in order to buy millions of XRP at the low price, but I was obviously wrong Cheesy
Looked through your posting history, nice ripple shilling.

Oh, and you've never responded to why you think DividendRippler.com is a currency exchange and compared it as such to pump Ripple and get people to buy the BS that ripple "compliments" bitcoin.
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:01:34 AM

Look through your posting history, nice ripple shilling.
Of course, I'm the Ripple biggest fan and I have also invested a lot in it, it makes two of us people with the similar interest Wink
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:02:35 AM

DividendRippler can be "anonymous" obviously only because it stays in crypto-land exclusively and doesn't deal with any fiat and the banking system.

Bitstamp only for verified members
I believe that many Bitstamp members who are concerned about their privacy will transfer their funds to Ripple network, Bitstamp is already connected to Ripple and it's a matter of seconds to transfer funds from Bitstamp to Ripple.

Except that you can't physically "transfer" any funds from Bitstamp to the "Ripple network". The funds are still in your Bitstamp, they only set a flag that you see them in your Ripple account rather than your Bitstamp account.

It's only when you connect to a second gateway that a Bitstamp USD IOU can be auto-magically converted into the other gateway's USD IOU, because that's what Ripple does. However, you'll probably have to get verified by the other gateway too.

And if you convert your USD IOUs to XRPs (in case that's what you mean), well people can convert them to any crypto-currency really. XRPs even have an enormous disadvantage regarding this, because Ripple is not made for privacy; your Ripple account is an open book, public for the whole world to see. And your Ripple account is immediately tied to your verified Bitstamp (or other gateway) account. So Ripple will not pass the "Donations to Wikileaks/Snowden" Litmus test.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:04:08 AM

DividendRippler can be "anonymous" obviously only because it stays in crypto-land exclusively and doesn't deal with any fiat and the banking system.

I believe that many Bitstamp members who are concerned about their privacy will transfer their funds to Ripple network, Bitstamp is already connected to Ripple and it's a matter of seconds to transfer funds from Bitstamp to Ripple.

Except that you can't physically "transfer" any funds from Bitstamp to the "Ripple network". The funds are still in your Bitstamp, they only set a flag that you see them in your Ripple account rather than your Bitstamp account.

It's only when you connect to a second gateway that a Bitstamp USD IOU can be auto-magically converted into the other gateway's USD IOU, because that's what Ripple does. However, you'll probably have to get verified by the other gateway too.

And if you convert your USD IOUs to XRPs (in case that's what you mean), well people can convert them to any crypto-currency really. XRPs even have an enormous disadvantage regarding this, because Ripple is not made for privacy; your Ripple account is an open book, public for the whole world to see. And your Ripple account is immediately tied to your verified Bitstamp (or other gateway) account. So Ripple will not pass the "Donations to Wikileaks/Snowden" Litmus test.

What do you think about "Bitcoin Bridge"?

EDIT: Here's the link https://ripple.com/blog/bitcoin-bridge-lets-ripple-users-make-payments-to-bitcoin-accounts/

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:04:51 AM

The blockchain is great for AML (unavoidable public records!) but anyone could anonymously mine BTC!! Why don't we add centralized gateways and have them require AML, make up BS about how it "compliments" bitcoin when it's against everything Bitcoin and Satoshi stood for?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:09:07 AM

What do you think about "Bitcoin Bridge"?

EDIT: Here's the link https://ripple.com/blog/bitcoin-bridge-lets-ripple-users-make-payments-to-bitcoin-accounts/

You do realize that OpenCoin Inc centrally added BitStamp as a bitcoin bridge to Ripple?

Sure it's decentralized  Wink ... erm, doublespeak.

FYI..

http://opencoin.org/Members/jhb/opencoin-and-ripple

We, opencoin, are a project that started in 2007 to create an open source version of the electronic cash system invented by David Chaum. It is about minting tokens that can be transfered in a non-tracable way. It is fast, and the user has full flexibility on how to do the transfer.

We have nothing to do with "OpenCoin Inc.", a new company that is developing the ripple network. Unfortunately they decided in 2012 to name their company the same as our project. That creates a bit of confusion, as both are about electronic transfers.

So, if you want open source digital cash, opencoin.org (or our repo on github) is the place to be. If you want an account based system like the ripple network, it is not.
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:13:02 AM

You do realize that OpenCoin Inc centrally added BitStamp as a bitcoin bridge to Ripple?

https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3516#p16196
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:14:14 AM

do I have to have the gateway added to get it considered by the bridge?

No.

That just confirms BitStamp is built in and confirms my point.

Still waiting for a response to your.. justification of DividendRippler being a currency exchange.
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:35:41 AM

do I have to have the gateway added to get it considered by the bridge?

No.

That just confirms BitStamp is built in and confirms my point.

Still waiting for a response to your.. justification of DividendRippler being a currency exchange.

Sure, you got that right, currently Bitstamp is hard-coded into "Bitcoin Bridge" (I don't know if something changed about this), but you must realise that "Bitcoin Bridge" is a protocol, in the future every gateway will use it, so as we get more gateways then more "Bitcoin Bridge" will become gateway-less thing in Ripple. DividendRippler is just one bright example what we could expect in future, everyone could set a Ripple Gateway, that was my point. As the number of gateways raise, we will get more and more freedom for Bitcoin.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:37:37 AM

Sure, you got that right, currently Bitstamp is hard-coded into "Bitcoin Bridge" (I don't know if something changed about this), but you must realise that "Bitcoin Bridge" is a protocol, in the future every gateway will use it, so as we get more gateways then more "Bitcoin Bridge" will become gateway-less thing in Ripple. DividendRippler is just one bright example what we could expect in future, everyone could set a Ripple Gateway, that was my point. As the number of gateways raise, we will get more and more freedom for Bitcoin.

So it's OK if satoshi said "you must mine at BTC guild, eventually there will be more mining pools"?

The reason why BitStamp is the only bitcoin bridge is because nobody really cares about ripple, other than the shills of course. Delude yourself otherwise.
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:42:23 AM

So it's OK if satoshi said "you must mine at BTC guild, eventually there will be more mining pools"?

The reason why BitStamp is the only bitcoin bridge is because nobody really cares about ripple, other than the shills of course. Delude yourself otherwise.

You know it's really an impossible thing to love Bitcoin and hate Ripple or to love Ripple and hate Bitcoin, same people build both of them, including Satoshi.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: