Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news!  (Read 28005 times)
clipcoins (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:46:59 PM

Ultimately you have to ask yourself... Why is the OP sharing this information with you, if not to his/her advantage?

It was to my advantage.. and was also to everyone's advantage who read the thread and bought some XRP.  They are up about 75% right now too.

So just judge the information on its own merits, and make your own decision.  I put my money where my mouth is on this one and actions speak louder than words.

Opened Now: Clipcoins.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

Hey guys, I think it was this thread that led me to discover you could do this, so thanks for that...but it still seemed a bit tricky, so here's a breakdown for noobs like me that want to buy from an advanced orderbook using the ripple client, rather than market price on bitstamp:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297326.0

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
clipcoins (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 05:25:15 PM

Hey guys, I think it was this thread that led me to discover you could do this, so thanks for that...but it still seemed a bit tricky, so here's a breakdown for noobs like me that want to buy from an advanced orderbook using the ripple client, rather than market price on bitstamp:

Nice...thanks for the link.  It was tricky for me to figure out how to use Ripple client at first, so this is good to help people get started.

The bids/asks just seemed backwards and can just be confusing and took me awhile to get comfortable with it. So just start out with small trade first and go from there.

Opened Now: Clipcoins.com
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:07:05 PM

Please note, I did not use the word "Advanced" lightly.

You need to be familiar with BTC-e style order books to use this properly...but you almost always get more by buying at the price you name, than the price they set.

If you're planning to buy ripple, don't buy in bulk from bitstamp, they will rip you off big time. Just buy enough to activate trading on your ripple account. Do your research before touching ripple or you will regret big time.

Please see this post...Bitstamp is still quite useful as the Gateway, and so far they don't appear to have really taken fees when I did it this way, if they did, it was practically imperceptible, and imho the negligible cost of doing business as the price keeps climbing.  Grin

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:32:15 PM

Looks like a little "pause for the cause" today.  XRP pulling back about 10% but not after running up 90%.  It seems like few are selling and there plenty of buyers scooping up any XRP sold at a discunt  I would be a huge buyer at around .0085 and would pick up few around .009 but tough to get them for that price.

But this is probaly last stop before we move up to .012 and then .015 and .02 by mid October.
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 08:39:48 PM

Glad I figured out the buy orders option, I love it when sell-offs result in better prices for things I was planning to buy!

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:17:32 PM

this seems to be classic case of "buy the rumor, sell the news".

it's too late now, though, I guess.

disclosure: I bought 137 XRP 2 days or so ago.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
tclo

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:20:26 PM

this seems to be classic case of "buy the rumor, sell the news".

it's too late now, though, I guess.

disclosure: I bought 137 XRP 2 days or so ago.

No because the "news" is not until Sept 26 at the earliest, and more like Oct 6.  And yes it is up 80% but it went up 2000% in May and June so could easily double from here.  Of course no guarantees and it's a calculated risk.

sevenVII

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:24:15 PM

Ultimately you have to ask yourself... Why is the OP sharing this information with you, if not to his/her advantage?

It was to my advantage.

Bingo. You're increasing the hype and trying to get people to buy into your little pet coin. In all probability you're driving up the price as much as possible before you cash out (Right before everyone finds out that the reality was less than ideal) or you've been paid off by Opencoin Inc. to give glowing and encouraging praise and bring new lambs to the slaughter. Either way, you Judas goats foam at the mouth a bit too much when speaking of your holy pyrite.
tclo

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:38:24 PM

Bingo. You're increasing the hype and trying to get people to buy into your little pet coin. In all probability you're driving up the price as much as possible before you cash out (Right before everyone finds out that the reality was less than ideal) or you've been paid off by Opencoin Inc. to give glowing and encouraging praise and bring new lambs to the slaughter. Either way, you Judas goats foam at the mouth a bit too much when speaking of your holy pyrite.

I didn't start this thread but where is the "glowing and encouraging praise" in the original post or in others by OP?   You are simply making things up.

It seems like he posted some news and let people make up their own minds and the price is up 80%. 

Well enjoy living in your fantasy world but I will stick to the real world myself.
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 09:43:30 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 11:46:10 PM by hennessyhemp

It was to my advantage.

Lol...yes...I was paid by OpenCoin, when they said, give us your ripple address and we'll send you some free.  Since then, I've liked the project...then I actually used it, and I liked it more...and in the past few days I've picked up a bit more...first time I've actually put anything in other than a forum post.  Guess what...the price is doing great and continues to rise...and guess what, I'm very pleased about it.

In fact I wrote this tutorial on how to buy with an order book so you can set your own price and hopefully pay less than bitstamp pricing:

spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:09:34 PM

Yes Bitstamp jacked up their price about 30% in the last few hours.  It is about .015 when you can get XRP for about .01 right now.

do you use the $125 bitcoin value from bitstamp for this? I don't see the trades dropping below 12000 XRP/1 BTC inside the ripple client, ever, which at $139 gox weighted average would be 0,0115 USD per Ripple. Sad Also far more than this site reports: http://www.rippleprice.com/

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 10:14:19 PM

Yes Bitstamp jacked up their price about 30% in the last few hours.  It is about .015 when you can get XRP for about .01 right now.

do you use the $125 bitcoin value from bitstamp for this? I don't see the trades dropping below 12000 XRP/1 BTC inside the ripple client, ever, which at $139 gox weighted average would be 0,0115 USD per Ripple. Sad Also far more than this site reports: http://www.rippleprice.com/

11,501 is what RippleCharts is currently tracking...and that seems to be straight from the Ripple orderbook I've been posting about...I watched as one of my orders instantly changed the price on the chart from within the ripple client.

Don't use market price buys with built in exchange fees...use the order book and name your price:

http://www.Ripplecharts.com

tclo

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:19:46 PM

Well right now XRP is trading for about .0103 in the ripple client. Yesterday I think Bitstamp was asking 1/89 or .01224.  now they are asking 1/59 or .0165.  So that is an increase of 35%.

But it's good that Bitstamp raised their price...if they didn't, it would keep a lid on XRP's market price.  But now there is nothing keep it down for another 40% up from here.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:36:07 AM

Well right now XRP is trading for about .0103 in the ripple client. Yesterday I think Bitstamp was asking 1/89 or .01224.  now they are asking 1/59 or .0165.  So that is an increase of 35%.

But it's good that Bitstamp raised their price...if they didn't, it would keep a lid on XRP's market price.  But now there is nothing keep it down for another 40% up from here.

Can you even read the markets or do you just dripple crap constantly? You are just starting to piss people off as they realise they have been duped into buying expensive XRP at the expense of those who are dumping because it isn't going higher. Do the maths, people are getting ripped off.  Here is the latest spread since no one updates the other side of the story in this bias rhetoric.

tclo

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:52:18 AM

Can you even read the markets or do you just dripple crap constantly? You are just starting to piss people off as they realise they have been duped into buying expensive XRP at the expense of those who are dumping because it isn't going higher. Do the maths, people are getting ripped off.  Here is the latest spread since no one updates the other side of the story in this bias rhetoric.

"it isn't going higher".  So you know somehow?  Can I borrow your crystal ball.

XRP went up 20x in May and June and the whole time you were bashing it saying "it isn't going higher".   People can decide for themselves and those, like me, who read this thread a few hours after it was posted are up 80%.

Please go cry somewhere else...you missed this one so far and you are scared to jump on now.  It's ok, not everyone can be a winner.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:10:13 AM

There are two ways to get XRP through bitstamp. One is on https://www.bitstamp.net/market/xrp/, where you buy direct from bitstamp at whatever price they have set. The second way is withdraw BTC or USD IOUs at https://www.bitstamp.net/account/withdraw/ripple/, and then trade them for XRP yourself on the ripple market.

Since you claim to be smarter than the market and know what is over-priced and what isn't, will you tell us what the fair price is for XRP?

People were dumping at 100, 200, then 300 thinking that it wasn't going higher. But it bounced back. It is true that the spreads are big and liquidity is low. It reminds me of the earlier days on mtgox. Hell, even in the later days, spreads are big on mtgox during volatile times.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
NWO

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:11:55 AM

"it isn't going higher".  So you know somehow?  Can I borrow your crystal ball.

XRP went up 20x in May and June and the whole time you were bashing it saying "it isn't going higher".   People can decide for themselves and those, like me, who read this thread a few hours after it was posted are up 80%.

Please go cry somewhere else...you missed this one so far and you are scared to jump on now.  It's ok, not everyone can be a winner.

What are you even talking about? Basing your rant from assumptions when I post a factual response. I hope you know since then that a mysterious account with 200 million XRP took a dump making the price blow out to 45,000/ BTC. With even more high profile staff recruited recently, how likely is this to happen again? VERY LIKELY.

Disclaimer: I am 87% sure that I have more Ripple than you. Just because the truth hurts, it doesn't mean you need to lie. Like you are doing throughout this thread.
tclo

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:31:55 AM

What are you even talking about?

on the move up again...
NWO

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:36:01 AM

Expect a correction around the 14,000/ BTC mark. IF the open source does indeed end up being fake (which is likely due to the deafening silence from OC on the subject) expect a LTC style backlash similar to when Mt Gox failed to list it.

I'm placing an order in the 11,000's because this is a great price to sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: