Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:27:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peer to Peer Exchange  (Read 281 times)
otandelapaz (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:43:38 PM

Is there any trading/exchange site that have a feature where people can directly trade and communicate with each other? Like a social media type platform?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:53:08 PM

Is there any trading/exchange site that have a feature where people can directly trade and communicate with each other? Like a social media type platform?

It is called a decentralized exchange, and to my knowledge there is none such which could be truly called a decentralized exchange. Exchanges like Waves or EtherDelta platforms are not true decentralized exchanges. Apart from that, if you are using some trading or exchange site, then you are not trading directly. Basically, you are still using a third party like the platforms mentioned above. A real peer-to-peer exchange should be part of your personal wallet. There were some efforts in this direction but I don't know much of them or how they panned out.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:11:51 PM

Localbitcoin is the one that i know peer to peer  bitcoin exchange other than that mostly scam but its a long time that i didn't heard any news about localbitcoin..
As of now i don't want to recommend any telegram or a group for p2p exchange just heard a telegram before with p2p but i don't think it is safe..
You can also try meetups if you are planning to buy you can make thread in meetup section
Also you can do p2p here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
Just always use escrow if you deal to non trusted buyers or sellers..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:00:09 PM

It is called a decentralized exchange, and to my knowledge there is none such which could be truly called a decentralized exchange. Exchanges like Waves or EtherDelta platforms are not true decentralized exchanges. Apart from that, if you are using some trading or exchange site, then you are not trading directly. Basically, you are still using a third party like the platforms mentioned above. A real peer-to-peer exchange should be part of your personal wallet. There were some efforts in this direction but I don't know much of them or how they panned out.

I couldn’t agree more especially to peer-peer transaction is very easy and routinely can-do. It only shows that decentralized exchange of currencies are efficient and effective in digitalized world here in bitcoin. Its just a matter of conditioning yourself to innovation that could anyone like it for easier task.
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:48:49 PM

for now there is not a market like you mean. just a group and a thread of buying and selling discussions are available but some projects that I see they have a plan like a social media market with a meeting between merchants and buyers I do not quite understand all their ideas but you can find the info on the internet.
joms07

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:21:05 PM

Buying and selling bitcoin and cryptocurrency in a decentralized manner becomes more important and popular. Peer-to-peer exchange platforms have a big role to play in this regard. Moreover, the number of p2p cryptocurrency exchanges continues to increase every year.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

You can buy bitcoins in exchange for fiat on localbitcoins, also there is a pretty similar service with ETH - localethereum. But both of those websites are not totaly eliminating the trust between parties so there is still a risk of getting scammed. If you need to buy tokens with your ETH you can try Etherdelta, it works like shit and it is gettong only worse so aiming to use P2P services only because they are decentralized is not the smartest move in thet moment.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

I think that the closest thing you get to your description is localbitcoins. I never used the site, but that is as close as you get to peer to peer transaction with bitcoin. Another way to do it, but in a manner much closer to a normal exchange, would be using a decentralized exchange. It's not direct peer to peer, as it works as a normal exchange, but it has the advantage of being decentralized, so your funds should be safer than storing them on a normal exchange like coinbase etc. The problem is that neither of these options will offer you to much liquidity, and the trades will be slow.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

Somebody told me about a good one - I think it's called Bitcoin Talk. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:31:14 PM

Somebody told me about a good one - I think it's called Bitcoin Talk. Smiley

He hit it right. You are already here then why look for more? I dont think it is not allowed here.

If you want a faster one then get his skype or telegram address. That way you could talk faster and also see him if you use skype.
Now they say it could be localbitcoin which is the faster one but I do think it is not. It is still way faster here and also there is already a section for that.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:45:46 PM

Not like exactly as you think of but localbitcoins is good, you can buy or sell your coins to anyone, talk him as well but you need to trust a third party to hold your coins.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:49:19 PM

I'm working about for my WSPO2 token.

It will not be the main project but a possibility among several other ones.

Token price is fixed in advance for buyers and sellers.
People send in a time zone WSPU2 or ETH.
Once time zone over...I send ETH or WSPU2 back so exchanges are done.
To resume:
It's a peer to peer exchange with winspiral as escrow service.

So far it is not possible because we are in the airdrop and ICO time zone.

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:06:09 PM

Any exchange is a peer to peer exchange, that's the nature of exchange, you trade against other people, you place order, and it is being filled if another person want to do the opposite move at a matching price.
I assume that you meant to say Decentralized exchange, which means- an exchange that acts without the need of a body or a management, and is working by smart contracts( usually through the ethereum network), for that I would recommend etherdelta, the biggest decentralized market around, there are more projects such as BitShares Decentralized exchange and some more, but etherdelta is the most successful one and has the highest liquidity.
crypteris

Activity: 159

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:38:55 PM

Localbitcoin is the one that i know peer to peer  bitcoin exchange other than that mostly scam but its a long time that i didn't heard any news about localbitcoin..
As of now i don't want to recommend any telegram or a group for p2p exchange just heard a telegram before with p2p but i don't think it is safe..
You can also try meetups if you are planning to buy you can make thread in meetup section

I appreciate your answer. Yes, there exist alternative ways to buy cryptos or trade them, but should we compromise security issues that can  accompany such activities in the moment?
Peer-to-peer and decentralized exchanges can be a great idea that is still not yet developed to work duly and without risks to be scammed.
SamRobsondd

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:12:37 PM

There is radarrelay, ddex, paradex, kyber
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:34:30 AM

I would like to extend my gratitude to this information. Thank you fellow, for I now learn something about trading.So, we cannot really trust right away some of the exchanging sites.  Trading is the most important thing or skill to know so we must be so careful with this.
SellBuyAcc

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:39:59 AM

As far as I know you can have the localbitcoin for the peer to peer exchange and can really talk to each other, and it is legal and safe to trade on unlike other scams around which offer you so good to be true. Anyway you can also have some social media, track people who use bitcoin too in your country make some meet ups and negotiate to them so that you can really see the traders of your money, the bitcoin and the fiat, which I am also looking too in the future. Also you can see some reliable people around here just use an escrow so you will not get scammed and also try to look for high rank people to trade on.
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:39:10 AM

What i know is Bitcoin is a decentralized coin it is a market base coin. I only think of one cypto currency that do a Peer to Peer is the TBC -The Billion Coin. It is an abundance base currency. That is only i know about peer to peer, cause this coin is not driven by the market.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:02:02 AM

I don't think there is because there is no money to be made in that kind of service. You are looking for a social media type of exchange which is hard enough as Facebook and Twitter is already doing its thing also if you are looking for an exchange they won't have any kind of commission as the transaction would be person to person. So if you are thinking that this kind of service will exist even in the future then think again as clearly no one will be willing to make one if they know generating money will be hard.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 07:39:03 AM

I don't think there is because there is no money to be made in that kind of service. You are looking for a social media type of exchange which is hard enough as Facebook and Twitter is already doing its thing also if you are looking for an exchange they won't have any kind of commission as the transaction would be person to person. So if you are thinking that this kind of service will exist even in the future then think again as clearly no one will be willing to make one if they know generating money will be hard.

On my faucet I allow to trade the WSPU2pts.
They see a price so they have the choice buy WSPU2pts to sell them.
Once enough tokens,the can ask the transfert on the ETH blockchain.

BillCoin

Merit: 259

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:49:14 AM

Bitshares aims to offer decentralized exchange, and also Waves decnetralized exchange does the same thing.
The big problem with P2P exchanges are that you need to have a massive amount of users in order to have enough volume so you can actually trade at a fair price, and it's really hard for this P2P exchanges to get enough users to make their exchange use-able, and people afraid to use this exchanges more then regular exchanges as usually those exchanges contains bugs and because of their nature of being based on smart contracts, if someone is managed to hack the smart contract then he will be able to obtain the whole amount of money that the exchange stores.

EVOS

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:05:44 AM

I think yes, but there are some exchange that if you want to withdraw funds from there must verify the account first,
try to find out more about Exchange, sorry I can only give you a little advice.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:25:04 AM

I am following an ICO that will answer you needs. An exchange that you can directly exchange your coin A to coin B. It is an aggregation of coins and their pre-sale is successful. I don't what happens right now but I am pretty sure that it will be successfully launched by the opening of Q3.
I just don't know if it is right to promote it here since this is not a marketplace. But if yes, I can tell you what the project it is.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:25:09 PM

I think you just need to read more in our forum because it is given that we can trade P2P by just posting your trade in the right section. I think this topic belongs to the market place if he really wants to learn more about trading.

Duogembrot

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:01:38 PM

if you talk about peer to peer exchange I think localcoinswap is a very good p2p platform and can be a very successful exchange place and now localcoinswap is ICO time which means it will be created after ICO is finished hopefully localcoinswap can be your solution.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:33:08 PM

I believe what are you describing is called a decentralized exchange and I also believe that there is none which could be called a decentralized exchange. A decentralized exchange relies on no third parties meaning that technically if there was a social media or service for this it would be a centralized exchange in some sense.  I believe if you wanted to do a real peer to peer exchange you should be doing it out of your wallet.
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:36:02 PM

No, I don't know of any as at now but it would be a great feature to be added to these exchanges. The closest I have seen so far is the troll box which exchangers use to express their opinion on a particular project. Peer-to-Peer system would lead to faster trade and better relationship among traders.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:40:53 PM

I haven't heard of that type, but people here in our country do decide to see each other for the transaction and will try to bring somebody for security.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

There are a few platforms that are striving to achieve this but none of them have really became big yet and widely adopted.  A lot of us are sick of paying massive exchange fees to trade and  withdraw. 
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:02:04 PM

if you talk about peer to peer exchange I think localcoinswap is a very good p2p platform and can be a very successful exchange place and now localcoinswap is ICO time which means it will be created after ICO is finished hopefully localcoinswap can be your solution.
localcoinswap is designed in that way. we can use it and feel free. as far as I know this ico project has been completed and we can wait for its development so the roadmap goes according to plan and go into it
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:26:50 PM

Your question is self-contradictory. If you are looking for a place like an online trading floor or exchange site, then it can't be a peer-to-peer system. As per definition, it is assumed there should be no third party involved in the process of exchange between peers, but if you are trading at some place or site, there is a third party present, and thus third party risks hidden. It is possible to build a truly decentralized distributed exchange, though it wouldn't be profitable for its developers. And this is likely the reason why there is no such effort, at least not that I know about or worthy of our attention.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:35:34 AM

I think none. Some exchange sites has a discussion board where people can converse but since it is a discussion board, everyone who is watching the board can see. As far as i can remember poloniex used to have it but they removed it. And people are spamming and using it to pump their coins so it becomes useless. I think cryptopia has it until now.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1848
Merit: 370

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:53:29 AM

On my faucet I allow to trade the WSPU2pts.
They see a price so they have the choice buy WSPU2pts to sell them.
Once enough tokens,the can ask the transfert on the ETH blockchain.

We have different plot form, this is a digital currency transaction, maybe, what you mean is like in the Stock market exchange, where people or investors can trade thru business line agency or thru direct dealing with them, a decentralized digital transaction is far out different from the stock exchange market trading.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: