Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
yomarve (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:30:31 PM
Merited by trecore4 (2), carcassone (2), hopenotlate (1)

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:44:40 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
gwensarah1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:49:10 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

Yeah I agree with you. I don’t like the idea of having to give out my details just to earn some pennies, how do I get guaranteed that my details would be safe and wouldn’t be used for fraud. I’m very skeptical when it comes to participating in airdrops with kyc and I don’t think it’s advisable or it would become a norm like you said and scammers can take advantage to get the details of a lot of participants.
gwensarah1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:52:24 PM

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Why is the kyc even needed they claim that it just to follow instructions or the law, I feel kyc is only needed for those who invest a lot of money to be able to investigate if their sources are pure. Not for free coins worth pennies, I hope we all stand against this, and a change can be quickly made.
Pjoh ie

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:55:30 PM

If airdrop also use the system KYC very reasonable according to me because it’s too excessive, if for the bounty is only natural because the need to security let to escape spam but if airdrop is very.
rikybrosh

Activity: 478

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:04:19 PM

Sometimes KYC is needed, even I heard that a project which not doing this is pretended as a scam project by some people. But honestly, I disagree with that procedure because an airdrop must be easy to do since the participants only get small amount of reward. The participants are join airdrop to support the project, aren't they? Then the developer should give respect for them.

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:06:36 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Why is the kyc even needed they claim that it just to follow instructions or the law, I feel kyc is only needed for those who invest a lot of money to be able to investigate if their sources are pure. Not for free coins worth pennies, I hope we all stand against this, and a change can be quickly made.

KYC is needed because some countries have banned their citizens to participate in ICO , surely airdrops often are part of ICOs and I believe airdrops could easily be mentioned in such laws as well. Project management is responsible of complying with these laws and the only proper way of doing it is KYC.  Because of this KYC will not be going anywhere, the opposite is going to happen - we will see it more often.

My advice do not participate in shady airdrops.  

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
easypeasy

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:06:43 PM

if you not like kyc then stay away, very simple

most decent exchanges require kyc if you want to deal in decent amounts

blockchains and the info held are generally open and visible by nature unless your dealing fully with otc deals and totally private coins, vps, your own server, etc etc then you are probably on a .gov database somewhere as a probable crypto currency holder

pay your taxes and encourage the growth of crypto
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:18:18 PM

For those are filling KYC verification for worthless token from airdrop and then congratulation your identity has been scammed. I was refusing to fill kyc requirement in every airdrop that applies kyc verification to the participant. the result will be random and then what will be happening if the price of token worth zero value?I guess you just wasted a lot of your time for that.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
PapaJ

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:28:48 PM

KYC for Airdrop? do not make me laugh!
Very often the last time and ICO have introduced this practice, but it's good that this rule rarely applies to bounty hunters, because we are not investors or sellers
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:32:26 PM

I don't even participate in ico's with kyc, let alone join an airdrop that requires personal documents.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:40:26 PM

Sometimes KYC is needed, even I heard that a project which not doing this is pretended as a scam project by some people. But honestly, I disagree with that procedure because an airdrop must be easy to do since the participants only get small amount of reward. The participants are join airdrop to support the project, aren't they? Then the developer should give respect for them.
What support are you talking about? People are greedy here and they will join anything they see. How are they supporting anything? I do not even remember when was the last time I saw a good airdrop, they are basically useless shitcoins now. I've never seen any KYC bounties / airdrops, and I would never do that too. You still can get everything on the exchanges without any procedures.
vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:45:51 PM

I never join KYC airdrops.You should be carefull with them.Ok if you know that company has great rating but only to the serious ones like exchanges
But i believe this is future.I hope there will be some kind of app where you can do once and thats it
After you can just send the file .i hate uploading each time and getting new file with recent date for address
botija

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:48:28 PM

Most air drops are shit and so many of them are scams, I would not give them any personal information. That would be ridiculous.
markovi4mark

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:56:16 PM

I think that the only reason for wanting to enter documents verification is spam and bots. Everyone wants easy money, while forgetting about being honest with each other. Verification is probably the only solution to overcome the dishonest game. Undecided
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:21:55 AM

I am definitely not doing I know your client for an  airdrop airdrops are really useful and they normally are not worth the effort of doing and how your client knowing that you will most likely be getting no more than a few coins that are probably worth no more than 5 to $10.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
Advicerabi

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:34:52 AM

I agree with the opinions of yours, I feel very uncomfortable with these terms. Why I need to provide personal data to someone I don't know. If they want us to verify KYC, should these terms on the list as one of the conditions following the bounty.
mikfresh

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:45:38 AM

Absolutely agree on this subject. Nobody can grant they will make proper use of your documents. The dark web is probably full of passports of crypto users. This is just a thing that makes me doubt about legitimacy of the project. Time will tell I guess, hope there won't be any bad news in the future.
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:54:05 AM

I don't think the KYC is necessary, because is only a very small drop altcoin bounty airdrop, so don't must be need kyc , looks more like a scam, they just want to get your KYC information.

JinCrypts

Activity: 170

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:10:04 AM

If its bounty I think its okay if the bounty succeed with its sales, but Airdrop KYC? Big no no, there are a lot fake airdrop wondering around so be careful, Do not fill KYC for airdrop because you might experience identity thief and also info can be use for frauds.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: