Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:36:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10725

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:32:44 AM

Demanding KYC on ICOs is understandable, but for low values airdrops I consider it risky since your are giving in your personal info for a few dollars at the most on Airdrops.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lagoon88

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:35:59 AM

Well, I am not going to submit kyc form for airdrops. I think It is not safe to submit kyc form everywhere.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 757
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:43:35 AM

Yes, we know many bounty or airdrop already applied KYC procedure before the sent payment, this is to against money laundry, but this is also dangers for participant because we dont know, the data or ID card we upload maybe affects to us in the future.
Until now i already fill 2 form KCY, so my data already in 2 company. I hope that's okay

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:48:12 AM

Ok, ok. For probably for airdrop know-your-client are overkill. but imagine that one person maliciously "sucks" all airdrop coins.
For sure KYC are necessary for bounty, as everyone knows, that many members try to enter bounty campaigns with multiple accounts (even 20 accounts for one guy)

Iyanuisaiah

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:54:07 AM

Demanding for kyc in ICO i think it's normal but demanding for kyc for airdrops is very bad because it's not normal to review my identity to strange people because of little amount they want to give out for free and i really think this need to stop before it goes out of hand.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:00:05 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

KYC process is for clients/costumers only, since airdrop and bounty are not part of we can say clients/costumers, i am totally disagree with this. mostly those airdrops coins/tokens that dont have any value yet or good as penny tokens/coins. because giving/sharing an personal information such an ID in person who you didnt know can be use in some bad activity (identity thief). these is not the way that crypto currency is.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:06:22 AM

It's a bit of a mess legally as different countries' governments have different rules, which is why some airdrops are now doing KYC to be sure they're compliant. But it is indeed another avenue for scammers to take valuable information, too. In general I think it will make people more reluctant to join airdrops.

happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:14:21 AM

I will never join an ICO with KYC because it is useless. Those who buy ICO is just after the profit. The moment the price would increase, they will dump it and the coins will go from one person to another without a trace. Your information will also compromise because you never know who will handle a KYC and how credible are those who handle it.
coskunc

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:27:46 AM

I don't even join most of the ICO's because they ask for KYC.
I would never send my personal information to an airdrop.
That's also weird...
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:49:58 PM

It's a bit of a mess legally as different countries' governments have different rules, which is why some airdrops are now doing KYC to be sure they're compliant. But it is indeed another avenue for scammers to take valuable information, too. In general I think it will make people more reluctant to join airdrops.
But can you tell me about does it worth to fill KYC for only airdrop token? if in the ico and the price has already fixed by developer and in the airdrop and alol about randomly. because the exchange site will determine its price after the coin will have listed on the exchange site. There is a lot of airdrop coin died even before it get listed on exchange site my friend.

fitzzz

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:52:38 PM

i dont want the idea giving information for just an airdrop.. airdrop doesn't need KYC. You just giving your info to them to sell it..
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:56:58 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

KYC isn't required for airdrop,  but it is a must for investors that are contributing a large number of eth in a certain ICO project.  Even in bounties, KYC isn't required anymore. We think that by having KYC, it makes a way for publicising our identity and not of being anonymous anymore.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:41:54 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Why is the kyc even needed they claim that it just to follow instructions or the law, I feel kyc is only needed for those who invest a lot of money to be able to investigate if their sources are pure. Not for free coins worth pennies, I hope we all stand against this, and a change can be quickly made.

KYC is needed because some countries have banned their citizens to participate in ICO , surely airdrops often are part of ICOs and I believe airdrops could easily be mentioned in such laws as well. Project management is responsible of complying with these laws and the only proper way of doing it is KYC.  Because of this KYC will not be going anywhere, the opposite is going to happen - we will see it more often.

My advice do not participate in shady airdrops.  
I do not agree that the KYC requirement should also apply to members of the generosity campaign. Some countries have indeed banned their citizens from participating in the ICO. However, this ban applies only to the process of investing in the ICO, the ban is aimed at protecting citizens of their countries from investing in fraudulent ICO projects. Therefore, KYC should not apply to those persons who do not invest in ICO, that is, participants in the campaign of generosity. which only publicly advertise specific ICO projects. It is necessary to understand this difference.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:48:35 AM

I also agree with you , but we can't do anything , we can't get bounty reward or free airdrop tokens if we don't pass their kyc , you can research their project is worth to give them you information or not
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:10:16 AM

I also oppose KYC information cryptocurrency market need, but if you want to invest big money in the ICO project, it could face legal problems, so the KYC verification is needed, but if bounty KYC information thread need, then I will reject.

Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:18:49 AM

Sincerely speaking i don't think airdrop what that stress these days. I would only consider that if the airdrop is guaranteed for success.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:25:13 AM

i have the same thinking about this KYC issues.this is a serious matter when users need to provide identification card for payments,we are anonymous here and this is not the standards crypto has meant to be.i know they need assurance but we as users need to.so what you think about this guys?
MartoValenti

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:58:16 PM

I am not fan of airdrops in general, but KYC for airdrops is very unreal for me.
Regarding the KYC, I am completely against this. For me, it is dangerous to sent to someone that you do not know, never heard of him and he wants your id. I really hope to see civic project in action for the KYC verification. The whole idea of civic is exactly for this and I think that the ICOs should start exploring the opportunity, once civic starts operating in the whole world, not only in USA.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:03:26 PM

If an airdrop asks me for KYC documents, I nope right out of there.

All of the bounties I've done don't ask for KYC documents either, mainly because my earnings were on the medium side. I think for most ICOs, they only KYC large investors.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
cryptosharkk

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:16:26 PM

I seen that KYC is required for like signature bounty but not for airdrops. Strange thing.

? ?? ?? ? ??    ?       BetGil.io      ?       BETGIL IS SET TO       ?    ?? ? ?? ?? ?
- - -    REVOLUTIONIZE THE ONLINE GAMING INDUSTRY   
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: