Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding new section  (Read 193 times)
Baoo (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:24:32 PM
Merited by StonedWolf (1)

Is it possible to add a new section named Skills ?
In my opinion, there are many talents in different fields (  designing, programming, web development, translating, writing...) but the problem that many people are afraid to show those skills to the public ( maybe because of their fear of people's opinions ).
On the other hand, the skills section is the best way to show all the talents and to give advice to those who have no experience in some fields  and to develop their talents.

And I want to advise people who hide their talents to show them without fear, even if the fate of that is failure,  because most of  beginnings are disappointing, when we see the beginning of the businessmen/women in which there are many difficulties, but they exceeded it through the development of self and improve the idea and try always to achieve success.

All people must accept the truth and deal with it, even if it is difficult,  but reality must be faced.
Fear does not make you progress in your life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:51:53 PM

This whole idea about creating a new service about skills is great which, people can discuss there about skills and how to develop themselves, but I think the problem is how to manage this new section, I think the section Services is already enough for this kind of skills, people can show their skills and discuss there if they want.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:53:17 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

In my opinion, there are many talents in different fields (  designing, programming, web development, translating, writing...) but the problem that many people are afraid to show those skills to the public ( maybe because of their fear of people's opinions ).
On the other hand, the skills section is the best way to show all the talents and to give advice to those who have no experience in some fields  and to develop their talents.
if you mean by that is providing your skills for getting paid, you can post in Economy > Marketplace > Services
but if you need the subforum solely for talents discussions unrelated to bitcoin, I think we don't need it here in a "Bitcoin forum"

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:56:07 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 04:11:56 PM by finaleshot2016

In my opinion, there are many talents in different fields (  designing, programming, web development, translating, writing...) but the problem that many people are afraid to show those skills to the public ( maybe because of their fear of people's opinions ).
On the other hand, the skills section is the best way to show all the talents and to give advice to those who have no experience in some fields  and to develop their talents.
if you mean by that is providing your skills for getting paid, you can post in Economy > Marketplace > Services
but if you need the subforum solely for talents discussions unrelated to bitcoin, I think we don't need it here in a "Bitcoin forum"
Maybe he/she is referring to skills that can be useful in our forum. Services, in the word itself, you're serving someone or should i say wage labor, is different from skills. Why? Designing, programming, web development and other stuffs that he/she mentioned is also a part of our forum because we use or apply to it. I know that we can research about it on internet but we are looking for specific ideas and learnings that will fit in our forum.

I got here an example for you to be enlighten,
When i joined here, i get interested on how they make the signature using BB Code, not of all the members have scheme or course outline on designing and creating signatures. We need those, sharing ideas and tips on how you make such things like this is very impressive. "Topics should be associated to cryptocurrency 'cause it's a bitcoin forum", i know that but the add-ons you settle in here build our forum so maybe this will make things possible.

On the other hand, the idea of sir Baoo can't be implemented 'cause for now, they will only think the best way to eliminate shitposters and other things that make our forum substandard. Still, it's a great idea of yours 'cause it can possibly help some peoples who like to learn some knowledgeable skills.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: