Why the Bitcoin community HAS to save the network from HashFast, CoinTerra, BFL.

<< < (2/14) > >>

erk:
Is there an ASIC on the market which I could order today, that would return as much or more BTC as I would have to pay for it in say under 6mths of mining? I am not sure that there is anymore.

The margins are too high, there is nothing worth buying atm. The ASIC land rush is over until the manufactures start delivering on time, and charging sensible prices.

BTC network just hit 1PH/s and no 28nm gear yet. Wait till that hits, it will be 2,3,..4PH/s in no time.

OurAsic:
Quote from: souspeed on September 16, 2013, 05:53:11 AM

Interesting.
I will take part for 1 chip, once the 10 eminent members are known.

This is a very raw proposal yet. We have not selected any members yet, and will totally rely on the community to do this. We are also open to more suggestions about how we can do this more transparently, and what other steps we should take to ensure that we do not end up like other ASIC manufacturers.

Noitev:
I suggest running something on btc.tc or similar

OurAsic:
Quote from: southerngentuk on September 16, 2013, 05:59:04 AM

Activity 1 ?
Am sure this not your first visit to the forums ?

Perhaps you should disclose your previous forum name for credibility.

That aside its a nice idea..

Once there is huge consensus that this is a good idea, we will disclose our public profiles. That being said, this proposal is not just for us. Others in the industry are more than welcome to step forward to take lead.

Quote from: erk on September 16, 2013, 05:59:58 AM

Is there an ASIC on the market which I could order today, that would return as much or more BTC as I would have to pay for it in say under 6mths of mining? I am not sure that there is anymore.

The margins are too high, there is nothing worth buying atm. The ASIC land rush is over until the manufactures start delivering on time, and charging sensible prices.

BTC network just hit 1PH/s and no 28nm gear yet. Wait till that hits, it will be 2,3,..4PH/s in no time.

Exactly the reason why we proposed this solution.

Quote from: VolanicEruptor on September 16, 2013, 05:58:58 AM

starting with funding for a 28nm design is a little late now, the 28nm rush is happening right away.. I would suggest jumping right into 14nm.   :D

14nm is the cutting edge. Only very few companies are making 14nm chips at this time. NRE costs for 14nm are even higher. We are still looking into it. We believe 28nm will still last for an year or so.

dogie:
I'm supportive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page