Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:23:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will ICOs die?  (Read 6644 times)
bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:34:18 AM

Recently learned that more and more ICOs are closing deals through private sales and merely airdropping the coins. Will ICOs die, when will it?

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:37:19 AM

Not sure I'm following what you're saying.  But to answer your explicit question... ICO's will die when there's not more money.  If an ICO raises enough funds through a private sale then there's not reason to go public.  This makes their life easier because they don't have to worry about GAS wars and reduces their investor count.  If you're frustrated about missing some of the ICO's then I'd recommend finding an ICO pool and joining it.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
rdix

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

Blockchain dev, game dev, cryptocurrency investor.

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:49:22 AM

ICO's will never die, they'll just fade away...

What I mean is: they will morph into new forms to adapt to new government regulations and market forces.

Many ICOs now require pre-registration and KYC info for contributors, so that greatly increases their cost-per-contributor. Which means there's value in reducing the number of contributors while increasing their contribution amounts. If they can raise enough funds with a private placement round, they will, and be done with it.

There will still be a place for the broad, populist kinds of ICOs though. Look at singularity,net or dadi.cloud for examples of ICOs that got lots of participants in spite of having KYC requirements and maximum buy-in limits. If the business idea is "high concept" and has broad worldwide appeal -- or if it really is decentralized in the sense of making a business process more free and democratic -- then this kind of ICO is still a good way to go.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:12:38 AM

ico will never die, but its numbers will continue to decrease. investors will be more careful in choosing ico where they will invest. that's good, because there will only be the best ico who dares to offer his project.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:19:59 AM

As long as there are people willing to invest their money into an ICO there will be ICO's.  They are going to be around for a long time.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:26:39 AM

ICOs won't be dying anytime soon.  In fact, more and more people are investing in them and hoping to get the next Ethereum.  If you don't like ICOs just don't invest in them.  There are many people who have never invested in an ICO and probably never will.  They like to invest in more stable projects and don't like the high risk of ICOs.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:46:43 AM

ICO dead? I'm not sure of that, because at this time there are still many ICOs that continue to be successful, so are many projects and programs that die, therefore, the cycle will continue to happen, ICO will never be finished, if there are still many people who want more profit, if you want to participate in ICO, then immediately join ICO DANEEL.IO, at www.daneel.io
Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:57:00 AM

Whatever may be the nature and outcome of an ICO, every dollar invested and expended will return back to the market and the money in this way will keep on flowing. So, there will be no end to ICO.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:59:41 AM

ICOs are just getting started, there are more platforms created apart from ETHEReum and so there must have more ICOs in the later days. Take for instance the WAVES platform, NEO and even the old platform NEM. There is no turning back now that they have developed easier platforms already which a company can tokenize themselves.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:00:20 AM

While ICO projects will be in demand by investors, they will never die. Such measures will exist, since the crypto currency has just developed and the number of ICOs is growing, since there are still many options for placing the necessary tokens, which are quite necessary for people. Therefore, the number of ICOs will continue to grow. Simply over time, they can become more centralized and manageable to avoid fraud.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:07:35 AM

Whatever may be the nature and outcome of an ICO, every dollar invested and expended will return back to the market and the money in this way will keep on flowing. So, there will be no end to ICO.
Yes and we are in revolusion in digital coins, will many projects in the future addopt the ICOs for crowdfunding than IPO on traditional investment in stocks markets, ICOs will be better choice, it is new model of investment related with digital currencies, it is just the beginning, ICOs will grows up and it will not be died.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:07:44 AM

I don't think ICO's will die as long as there are more and more companies wanting to promote there service and products, as long as they want to invest  in cryptocurrencies and as long as there are people who wants to support these companies, ICOs will remain and stay in cryptoworld. ICOs give oppportunities to people to earn in cryptoworld even without spending their fiat moneys in exchange of tokens and coins and that is the reason why ICOs will not die for they know that they will always be supported by these people.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:08:28 AM

ICO is a form of capital mobilization of crypto projects for future development. As the cryptocurrency market is gaining the attention of the international community, more and more ICO projects will be created. I think the ICO only loses when the cryptocurrency market is no longer available.
redblock

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:09:46 AM

ICOs will probably still be here for some time, at least a year or two I suspect. No reason for people not to have them, with this much money at stake.
CryptoDrogo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:14:57 AM

As per my view I say ICOs will be died only when government interfere and make it illegal in any country. It's one of the best way to raise funding for good projects.  Smiley
griezmann

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:18:25 AM

ICO will never die.
As long as there is an "internet" , ICOs will never die in my opinion.
Even i personally think that 2018 is the best year for ICO.
There is no reason that ICO will die soon.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:20:14 AM

ICO dead? I'm not sure of that, because at this time there are still many ICOs that continue to be successful, so are many projects and programs that die, therefore, the cycle will continue to happen, ICO will never be finished, if there are still many people who want more profit, if you want to participate in ICO, then immediately join ICO DANEEL.IO, at www.daneel.io

While ICOs continue to succeed we have have also seen projects on the blockchain funded without ICOs. With increasing investor protection concerns we might see fewer ICOs in the future. But there will definitely be alternative ways to crowdfunding for new projects.
Kryptogenie

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:30:10 AM

When people will stop investing and countries will start banning instead of regulating I think that day most of the ICOs will die. On the other hand I dont think that will happen in near future. ICO is still a young market and it is growing and improving by each day.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
PaPog

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:35:36 AM

I think ICO will live even after 5 years ahead.
There is no reason that ICO will die.
Crypto currency has just developed and the number of ICOs are increasing rapidly, so it will still live.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:35:58 AM

Recently learned that more and more ICOs are closing deals through private sales and merely airdropping the coins. Will ICOs die, when will it?
ICOs will never die unless the signature campaign is banned from this forum. Signature campaign are the main passage of ICOs so that they will be known by the majoriy. Also, since are technology is always upgrading, one can never tell when is the dead end for ICOs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: