Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:02:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Press Release: Primecoin Reaches 13-Primes Milestone  (Read 2351 times)
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 08:24:31 PM

https://github.com/primecoin/primecoin/wiki/Primecoin-Reaches-13-primes-Milestone

September 16th, 2013

For immediate release

On September 10th, only two months after Primecoin started its operation, it achieved yet another important milestone with a record-shattering 13-primes.

The record prime chain is found at block 159217, with a 94-digit Cunningham chain of 2nd kind as its proof-of-work. The new world record has already been confirmed by Jens Kruse Andersen, the maintainer of world's simultaneous primes record book. Primecoin now holds 4 out of the 21 existing world records in simultaneous primes, namely the 10-primes, 11-primes, 12-primes and 13-primes records, while the old-time favorite distributed computing network GIMPS (Great Internet Mersenne Primes Search) holds the 1-prime record with its 17-million digit Mersenne prime discovered in January of this year.

Primecoin network launched on July 7th, with an unique proof-of-work system designed around searching for prime number chains, known as the Cunningham chains and bi-twin chains. It introduces the first proof-of-work system for cryptocurrency with scientific computing value. Number theorists have been searching for prime number chains and formations for many years before Primecoin. Dr. Dirk Augustin, an expert on Cunningham chains and notable record holder of 5 out of the 21 world records, from 5-primes through 9-primes, enthusiastically congratulated Primecoin's breakthrough after its launch. 'I am very glad to see that the Primecoin project increased the interest in searching for prime chains, something I am doing now for over 10 years,' says Dr. Augustin.

The new 13-primes record came early as a bit of surprise, according to Sunny King, the architect and lead developer of Primecoin project. Originally it's estimated that it could arrive around the end of the year. However the network got a bit lucky. The new record almost doubles the length of previous record, a prime tuplet found by Roger Thompson earlier this year.

Interestingly, someone has yet to claim to be the discoverer of the world record. As a cryptocurrency network similar to Bitcoin, Primecoin also offers strong protection of privacy. The 'miners', users that searches for the prime proof-of-work for the network, are often incentivized by the currency value alone. Primecoin is currently mined by CPUs of many thousands of personal computers around the world, in contrast to Bitcoin, which saw a swift shift from GPU mining into ASIC mining this year.

As a cryptocurrency network, Primecoin natually provides incentive to the development of prime searching software and continued improvements to prime searching techniques. Although a 14-primes record would seem out of reach to Primecoin network for many years at current pace, with further advancement of its mining software, it could once again arrive earlier than expected.

lukemarshall

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:32:43 PM

Congratulations!

Its all about what the people want...
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:36:48 PM

Nice to see something positive come from this sub-forum
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:37:53 PM

Great news and many congratulations!!!
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:39:53 PM

wonderful. if the community actually manages to build efficient GPU versions, sky is the limit.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 08:50:09 PM

Wow! Fantastic Sunny! Great work!

maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:50:55 PM

Congrats Sunny and the Primecoin Network!

This is what mining is all about... the real purpose to do something and make a difference for our future.

Primecoin has been built on Science + Technology, and who knows what we can do with Primecoin in the future.

All I know is, I am a proud supporter, and I am extending out some efforts to help grow primecoin.

If you feel the same way, and want to join me... I can use some help with spreading the message to the masses.
It really takes 60 seconds to do something POSITIVE, and help Primecoin XPM spread it's message.

Got a Twitter Account? Go here to find out how to help:: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=305956.0

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:34:25 AM

Sunny omg you still plugging this scam?
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 06:31:41 AM

congratulations to the XPM network Smiley
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:03:25 AM

Sunny omg you still plugging this scam?

irony much?  Smiley

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
minerstorm

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:04:59 AM

Why then the price drops coins? Sad
Grogorash

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:20:25 AM

Last week the price even raise!
maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:38:58 PM

Just your normal pump/dumpers on the exchange.  It will probably go back to stabilize around 0.006 - 0.008 is my guess..
but Primecoin needs a jump in assistance to deliver primecoin to the masses. 

How? 
We can use Social media to get others engaged in learning more about Primecoin and its ability to help
themselves Earn XPM while dedicating research towards the Network's Advancement: Science + Technology

I believe this data can be used for constructively. History has shown us from time and time again...
Math has been the element to unlock new advancements in many industries, especially our bread and butter - Technology & the Internet. 

I need some assistance with others dedicated to helping Primecoin out...
If you have a twitter account, and you can spare a few minutes out of your day, please see this thread:

Give Primecoin a hand! It only takes a minute or two to send out a TWEET: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=305956.0
hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:02:11 PM

This is nothing short of fantastic! I am proud to be a part of this, even if my mining proceeds are almost zilch.

Can anyone point me to where I can see the difficulty over time?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: