Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC or Eth as payment solution  (Read 264 times)
hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:51:50 PM

The scalability issues still do exist for both Eth and LTC, so I wouldn't prefer either one at this time. I think Stellar, Bitshares and NEM are much more suitable for businesses as a payment solution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:11:44 PM

As a payment solution for businesses, vendors and services which one of these coins is more suitable? Litecoin or Ethereum ?
Because bitcoin is not good especially because of high fees and slow transactions in smaller payments.

Which one is better and why?
Ethereum have taking much advantage than of Litecoin in a matters that Ethereum have been established first and it is getting much stronger today. Ethereum market trend signifies how it build up trust and confidence from the community. It really think that, Ethereum have much capable of taking place bitcoin as a main currency used for payment if time comes.
neolite

Activity: 206
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:14:20 PM

If I had a choice as to choose ethereum because it has a range of options and can be easily interlinked in the business environment.

debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:17:09 PM

As a payment solution for businesses, vendors and services which one of these coins is more suitable? Litecoin or Ethereum ?
Because bitcoin is not good especially because of high fees and slow transactions in smaller payments.

LTC because they will launch Lightning Network very soon. This mean lowest possible taxes for business and fastest transactions.

ETH is flooded from time to time from ICOs and games like CryptoKitties. At those moments, taxes are $4-$6 per transaction.
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:44:16 PM

As for me, i prefer ethereum as a payment solution because it is mostly used by quite a good number of people. The transaction fee is also good.
I also choose Ethereum for similar reasons. This currency is easily converted and well received by other people.
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

LTC would be better payment solution because it has faster transcation speed and confirmation compare to ethereum's network because ethereum is very congested,LTC has advantage if we are talking about the speed of confirmation also LITEPAY is also going to be released by the LTC's team few months from now it will give these small vendors the ability to use litecoin as their main payment.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:51:27 PM

The scalability issues still do exist for both Eth and LTC, so I wouldn't prefer either one at this time. I think Stellar, Bitshares and NEM are much more suitable for businesses as a payment solution.
I don't have those 3 coins that you mentioned but for the closest one would be LTC.
LTC because they will launch Lightning Network very soon. This mean lowest possible taxes for business and fastest transactions.

ETH is flooded from time to time from ICOs and games like CryptoKitties. At those moments, taxes are $4-$6 per transaction.
Yeah that's why I didn't consider ETH as payment solution though its still good but for someone that wants to be sure that he's running his business well when it comes to crypto payments, LTC will play the role better.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:01:08 PM

I'm really a fan of Ethereum more than Litecoin, I follow the news about both coins, i've used the transactions system of ethereum but i never tested the system of Litecoin to be clear Wink
But, The both coins are great and have a bright future for the both communities, Good luck!
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:05:38 PM

Ethereum is not payment system. ETH can function for mean of exchange but the purpose is for fueling internal proceses

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
dangershadow

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:06:04 PM

LTC can Be used as a payment solution as it has low transaction fees as compared to Ethereum whose fees's are comparatively very high and would not be suitable for Large transactions.
Gorgeous011235

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:07:30 PM

I think none of them is the best solutions for payments...Ethereum and LTC have both a very low number of transactions per second and they are not so fast...i see Stellar Lumens as a better option and the upcoming Universa blockchain is pretty interesting too.
If Ethereum can solve the scalability problem it might work in the future for our everyday payments but at the moment i am still skeptical about it.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:08:51 PM

payment wise LTC is definitely better.  ETH network is already bogged down, so we don't need to complicate things with having it be a payment system as well.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
keung0109

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:16:32 PM

You should look into Havven. ICO is going on right now, but their project is solely a payment network and stablecoin. Very fascinating idea that would be ideal for everyday use. https://havven.io/
bhnetwork

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:18:37 PM

ETH has more use cases and therefore more inherent value.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:20:27 PM

Both LTC and ETH are good for payment. But the problem is not ETH or LTC, it's cryptocurrency still not legalized in any country yet so use LTC or ETH for payment is impossible at the moment, you still have to exchange them to fiat if you want to pay for anything atm. Although you can think that LTC and ETH are better than Bitcoin but the fact that Bitcoin is the only crypto can be used for payment directly atm at few countries in this world Smiley.

frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:25:05 PM

As of now , LTC is a better payment solution , because eth often suffer from network overload and thus increased transaction time and fees. But I believe in nearest future bitcoin will become a payment solution #1 with a instant transactions and zero fees .

mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 08:24:16 AM

Both coins are good for transactions because they have low fees.
I would choose both coins because in business you have to be ready to accept anything that your customer has to offer.
But if I had to pick one of them I would choose Litecoin. I am a little bit sceptical on how the Ethereum blockchain will manage a so huge number of data with so many smart contracts and coin transactions running (forever) on it.
This is my concern otherwise both are perfect altcoins.

sateyaam

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:27:35 AM

I think ethereum is better to payment solution than litecoin,
In addition to ethereum prices are stable ethereum also has a smart contract that no other coins,
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:49:38 AM

To answer this question we should first look at each coin structure and at purposes it was created for, Litecoin  is a great altcoin that has low transactions fees & less confirmation time ( processing a block every 2.5 min ) . But Eth is mainly used for creating/ building Dapp & DAO , used also to create smart contract that's helping erc20 tokens creators to process through Eth blockchain .
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:26:01 AM

People often think of Ethereum as a complicated technology. It’s true that to make full use of all its smart contract capabilities, you need to wrap your head around a bewildering array of technologies and sub-projects.
But you don’t have to use all that stuff, and where it counts, payments on Ethereum are simple.
I see now that Ethereum is getting more and more people interested because it has an excellent development platform, it can also be said that the technology is developing very well and that the virtual currency is growing so more prominent. , I think that with the current situation the virtual money will be more popular in all countries in the coming time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: