Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: intersango.us USD exchange is now live  (Read 2344 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 02:55:21 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 08:50:07 PM by mizerydearia

This is to introduce the opening of https://intersango.us a new USD exchange site.

This is being run by the https://bitcoinconsultancy.com/ the same group running https://britcoin.co.uk
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 08:01:44 AM

It's always good to see a new exchange up and running  Grin

Particularly from the Britcoin mob. which means great service proper support and atm 0 fees which is GREAT. Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 04:03:02 PM

Thanks right, we're still a free service and hope to be for a while until overhead catches up. Also we have maintained a very high level of security as our history with britcoin.co.uk shows.
spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 04:26:54 PM

Will this allow US bitcoin people to trade with EU or UK bitcoin people?

I notice that the Euro Intersango exchange has a very small volume. I've done some trading on Britcoin, which has been fine, but I would love to have a larger volume there too.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:47:50 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2011, 05:32:46 PM by koin

the ssl certificate is for intersango.us

the site is served by that URL: https://www.intersango.us

which should i bookmark?
spruce

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:59:21 AM

the ssl certificate is for intersango.us

the site is served by that URL: https://www.intersango.us

which should i bookmark?

If you click on the link you just gave it will answer your question.
Donald_Norman

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:32:27 PM

Hi Spruce,

the EU platform just opened very recently as well. Hopefully it wont take time for there to be more and more volume. Any suggestions are welcome. We are also looking for ways to let people know we have a US platform that accepts dwolla without spamming the forums. Any suggestions are welcomed
Donald_Norman

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:35:28 AM

Also it seems we haven't mentioned that we are accepting Dwolla.
spruce

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:51:38 AM

Hi Spruce,

the EU platform just opened very recently as well. Hopefully it wont take time for there to be more and more volume. Any suggestions are welcome. We are also looking for ways to let people know we have a US platform that accepts dwolla without spamming the forums. Any suggestions are welcomed

Put an ad in your signature. I'm giving you some free publicity for a limited time in my signature.

Is there any way you can have USD/UK/EU/BTC exchanges occurring on the same site? I'm not interested in direct forex exchanges like USD/GBP, but it would be nice to have the combined volume of GBP/BTC, USD/BTC, and Euro/BTC together. The current conversion rates for USD/GBP/Euros could be shown, so that one can see the relative prices. Maybe the option of choosing which currencies to include out of BTC (mandatory) and GBP/USD/Euros (choose at least 1, maximum 3), and the related option to display the combined orderbook in the relevant currencies.
Donald_Norman

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:56:12 PM

Thanks for the free publicity Smiley we are a free service for the foreseeable future  so hopefully people will be inspired to spread word of mouth. We are coming out with some new features soon and try to implement everything we can. Your suggestion was something we had not even thought about so keep them coming and hopefully we will be able to develop things in the future.
Donald_Norman

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:40:25 AM

I'd like to announce we recently had our first exchange go through Wink
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:30:34 PM

Your suggestion was something we had not even thought about so keep them coming and hopefully we will be able to develop things in the future.

i like that i never entered a username / password to create my account with the exchange -- i simply authenticate using my google account, which has multifactor authentication ("two step verification" they call it) capability.

my question is, what if i somehow lose access to my google account.  google is a third party that i would rather not have to trust entirely.  

as far as i know, intersango has no information about who i am and there is no option for me to provide information so that intersango would know i am the rightful owner should i try to later recover my funds held by the exchange.

should there be some method available (e.g., login to the same account using a a secondary method like an email + pin / secret code) so that i wouldn't lose access to my funds?
spruce

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:35:56 PM

Your suggestion was something we had not even thought about so keep them coming and hopefully we will be able to develop things in the future.

i like that i never entered a username / password to create my account with the exchange -- i simply authenticate using my google account, which has multifactor authentication ("two step verification" they call it) capability.

my question is, what if i somehow lose access to my google account.  google is a third party that i would rather not have to trust entirely.  

as far as i know, intersango has no information about who i am and there is no option for me to provide information so that intersango would know i am the rightful owner should i try to later recover my funds held by the exchange.

should there be some method available (e.g., login to the same account using a a secondary method like an email + pin / secret code) so that i wouldn't lose access to my funds?

I use the same authentication there that I use on Britcoin. On Britcoin I deposit funds using my bank account, i.e. full name etc. so there is always that avenue if needed. I don't know how it works with Dwolla but unless you only ever deposit and withdraw bitcoins wouldn't there be similar documentation?
Donald_Norman

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:32:16 PM

Yes there are many ways for us to get give you access again to your account. They would however be tedious. We have already before had to do similar verifications.
Donald_Norman

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 06:39:20 AM

It seems like MyOpenID.com is currently down. This is not our fault and we cannot do much about it. Since they are a long standing professional business hopefully them being down is very temporary.

When our new layout comes out we will have users create their own accounts with our service instead of using 3rd party services as an unnecessary additional security measure.
Donald_Norman

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 06:48:51 AM

MyOpenID seems to be back up and running!
spruce

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 08:59:13 AM

When our new layout comes out we will have users create their own accounts with our service instead of using 3rd party services as an unnecessary additional security measure.

That looks like a good idea. Do you have an estimate for when this might occur?
Donald_Norman

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:30:09 AM

Unfortunately I can't give an estimate as these things cannot be rushed. We will be listing all the new features when and as they come out. The service will remain free for the foreseeable future.
spruce

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 02:42:40 PM

Unfortunately I can't give an estimate as these things cannot be rushed. We will be listing all the new features when and as they come out.

Fair enough. I agree with doing it right however long it takes.

The service will remain free for the foreseeable future.

Thank you very much. I definitely appreciate that. Smiley

spruce

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 02:48:35 PM

Something else for my wish list, Donald.

It seems minor, but I would like it. The box where I paste in the receiving address when I withdraw BTC only shows part of the address. I can certainly scroll back and forth to see the beginning and the middle and the end, but it would be nice to see it all at once, all 34 characters. It's not like if a requested email doesn't arrive then I can request it again. It would make it easier to verify that the copy/paste of the number is accurate, and that I haven't chopped off the beginning or the end or something. I know it is hard to screw up a copy/paste, but anything that increases one's certainty would help.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: