Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:34:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest a Small Amount in Bitcoin  (Read 2642 times)
seafarer124 (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:36:17 AM

If we all invest a small amount in BTC, no more than you can afford to lose, it could possibly be a world changing event.

Can it be any worse than what we have now?

With the passing of time we can see what a mess it is.   Think of your children and grandchildren, what do they have to look forward to?

Forget the crime etc using BTC, it will continue regardless of how the world functions.

Just read somewhere before to take your money out of banks and put in credit unions, they are friendlier.  What is the point, they just go and bank your funds with the big banks.

Us little guys have to make a stand or we are doomed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tgerring

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Hive/Ethereum

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 03:50:28 PM

Erik Voorhees gave a talk at Bitcoin 2013 in San Jose back in May in which he spoke about the market cap of Bitcoin in the context of global fiat usage. While there were a lot of numbers thrown around, this is the fact I typically use in discussions:

If just 0.1% of USD (not counting Euro, Pound, Yuan, etc... ONLY USD) was invested into Bitcoin, the price would be nearly $1000.

I don't know exactly how he came up with those numbers, but it  goes to show that we've got a LONG road ahead of us.

Hive, a beautiful wallet for Mac OS X, now available for testing. Follow the story here.
BitcoinKit.framework and Tor.framework, now available to iOS and Mac OS X developers
Tweeting at @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 142m1MpXHhymF4aASiWwYohe1Y55v5BQwc
allianz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:16:48 PM

Erik Voorhees gave a talk at Bitcoin 2013 in San Jose back in May in which he spoke about the market cap of Bitcoin in the context of global fiat usage. While there were a lot of numbers thrown around, this is the fact I typically use in discussions:

If just 0.1% of USD (not counting Euro, Pound, Yuan, etc... ONLY USD) was invested into Bitcoin, the price would be nearly $1000.

I don't know exactly how he came up with those numbers, but it  goes to show that we've got a LONG road ahead of us.
but 0,1% still is a lot: think that even most of the users here in this forum (=early adaptors) don't have invested 0,1% of their savings, or am i wrong?
maybe i should give a good example and invest some more.. Wink
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:54:57 PM

but 0,1% still is a lot: think that even most of the users here in this forum (=early adaptors) don't have invested 0,1% of their savings, or am i wrong?

A year ago less than 10% of my savings was in bitcoins. Without investing any more, actually taking out of bitcoins more than I originally invested, now I have just over 50% of my savings in bitcoins. This has been possible thanks to bitcoins rising rapidly and also some smart bitcoin investments, my bitcoin investments do better in an average week than my USD investments do in a year.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:32:32 PM

what are you bitcoin investments?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:43:24 PM

what are you bitcoin investments?

Mostly buying and selling stocks on btct and bitfunder, but I do a bit of BTC/USD trades as well.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:54:19 PM

the fantastic new possibilities of a technology connecting cash with the internet has hit us and made us more or less "early" adopters. since it´s good and it works, it will spread further. why would it stop at this level? the more traction it gets, the faster it will rise. make people buy some small coins is indeed, a good idea.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 11:57:24 PM

I'm not rich, but I got 10% of my savings in BTC, and used 10% of BTC to buy LTCWink

good decision ;-)

but as you said, 0,1 % of all worthless fiat USD is still a huge amount. the good thing is, you can buy BTC and LTC in any fiat currency , the world is BTCs & LTCs market!

bythesea

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 10:42:44 PM

Bitcoins can have that value but in a future, not anytime soon. Considering that we know the exact number of bitcoins that could be mined there want be any overflowing or inflation, but I think that in order for bitcoins to become more involved on a daily basis, it has to be accepted by more people. Investing in something doesnt guarantee it will gain in value if you dont have a plan behind it....
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:33:59 AM

Well fundamentally we need more people to be using it as a currency promoting it's use as a trading commodity. Without acceptance by a larger audience, I doubt that the price will rise significantly (unless we have another bubble) anytime in the near future. I've invested quite a hefty sum into Bitcoins and I'm sure a lot of others have too, what we need to hope for is simply more widespread adoption and more keen investors.
tristan_luther

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:31:53 AM

what we need to hope for is simply more widespread adoption and more keen investors.

And more than hope, take action ourselves to make this a reality.
seafarer124 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:59:36 AM

For every dollar that goes to BTC is a dollar the greedy banksters can't get their paws on.
bythesea

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:58:57 AM

For every dollar that goes to BTC is a dollar the greedy banksters can't get their paws on.

And do you really think that is going to last indefinitely? Every government likes to have their hands on money, this way they are prevented, it can only work if there is some hidden agenda beyond this.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:18:42 AM

That isn't correct, it will go back into the system. If you pay them from your cash, it's even one more dollar they have their paws on.
But it's $1 worth of Btc they don't have their paws on ^^
Peter Lambert

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:01:19 PM

Don't worry about them, they just print more when they need it.

zeta1

Activity: 171

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:37:42 PM

I agree 0,1 % is Still a LOT for all dollars in circulation
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:13:10 PM

I put ~$100-120 of my bi weekly paycheck in bitcoins.
Bitcoins always appreciate in value in the long run so why not.
Not too long ago $30 per bitcoin was the standard, now it hovers at around $120.
I thinks its fair to say that next year $200 or more will be the standard.
Beats the heck out of a savings account.
seafarer124 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:24:22 PM

I put ~$100-120 of my bi weekly paycheck in bitcoins.
Bitcoins always appreciate in value in the long run so why not.
Not too long ago $30 per bitcoin was the standard, now it hovers at around $120.
I thinks its fair to say that next year $200 or more will be the standard.
Beats the heck out of a savings account.
You should by 1BTC every pay day.  When Bitcoin price gets too high and it is too much of a drain on your income start selling.

In theory you will be selling the ones you bought at the lower price first which should give you a greater income/savings.

That is assuming Bitcoin is always going up not down when you buy.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: