Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:10:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?  (Read 3185 times)
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:15:22 AM
Merited by Kevin77 (1)

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

I have not heard about the banks, but several countries are going to create their own cryptocurrency.

https://news.bitcoin.com/putin-cryptoruble-sanctions-bank-of-russia-skeptical/
Many other crypto currencies have been developed so far and coming to market on regular basis. If every country accepts such challenge and become a horse in this technology race then ultimate results will help such crypto world flourish and enhance. Many people are still losing hopes in bitcoins as they see so many other altcoins, people, believe in bitcoins, they are best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeanne513lefe

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:53:47 AM

As I can remember, there is a country that tried to make their own digital currency. I do not know what really happened but I think that is not released. Countries will be making their own crypto currency since it is the future of money. In the future we can see digital currencies used by almost all of the people in the world not as an asset but as a common currency.

I believe it is China. I saw a news saying that the Chinese government are banning all cryptos in China and they are developing their own state issue cryptos in order to have a overall control over the transaction and maybe even tax on it.
Febriana98

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:52:35 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

it's true that digital currency differs from cryptocurrency, and I read in an article that many big Banks are already working with IBM Blockchain to use Blockchain technology from IBM and maybe after this many banks will make their own cryptocurrency.
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:59:01 AM

Along with the fast development of virtual currency such as COINS of the impact of the fiat money system, major central Banks have gradually realized that only the issuance of central bank of digital currency, can effectively guarantee the legal tender of the market position. As a result, central Banks in many countries have begun to study the issuance of legal digital currencies. For example, researchers from the central bank of Canada have published several work papers in recent years to discuss the impact of central Banks on the social welfare of digital currency. The bank of England in August, working papers published "the central bank issued digital currency macroeconomics", the central bank is theoretically discussed issue of digital currency on the possible impact of macroeconomic; The people's bank of China set up a digital currency research project a few years ago and recently disclosed the research. Ecuador is also trying to issue a digital currency, the Ecuadorian currency, by the central bank.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:29:50 AM

Eehm… I have seen many people raise such idea, but it wasn’t accepted. If any central bank release their own cryptocurrencyI don’t think it would be accepted by the majority of investors, because people will be suspicious of them, to avoid being traced. I know that Bitcoin itself is not really anonymous, but it seems to be more secured than anything bank will have to offer.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:08:19 AM

Will,my speculation about this maybe someday if some country or the central banks itself  would capable to make there own digital coin, as what the country of china doing now into there homeland,they did not allowed foreign ICO developer to make a bussiness project ,because they want to make there own digital system,but in relation of the central banks i thinks its not the time that they make there own centralized cryptocurrency because as of now  they are inadequate of resources and capabilities.

stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:06:57 PM

Eehm… I have seen many people raise such idea, but it wasn’t accepted. If any central bank release their own cryptocurrencyI don’t think it would be accepted by the majority of investors, because people will be suspicious of them, to avoid being traced. I know that Bitcoin itself is not really anonymous, but it seems to be more secured than anything bank will have to offer.

Why would you invest in a national crypto coin?
You can just as easy buy right now $, Euros or yen and be done with it.

I'm amazed a lot of people really believe that those national cryptos will get a huge increase in % like bitcoin did or they will fluctuate like all the altcoins here.

It's going to be a national cuurrency!!!!
With a fixed value, controlled by the state! There is nothing to invest here!

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:30:09 PM

I their No, Their are only adopt the blockchain technology because they hate cryptocurrency only blockchain will fast their transaction.
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:53:44 PM

I think that banks will be forced to change their usual system, and introduce new technologies, or create their own crypto-currencies, in order to somehow compete with currencies such as bitcoin, which are already accepted by some countries as a means of payment.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:04:15 PM

Yes! Maybe not now but it will happen, a cryptocurrency that is not decentralized but a centralized where in my own opinion a very greatest enemy of decentralised cryptocurrency.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:18:48 PM

Why would you invest in a national crypto coin?
You can just as easy buy right now $, Euros or yen and be done with it.

I'm amazed a lot of people really believe that those national cryptos will get a huge increase in % like bitcoin did or they will fluctuate like all the altcoins here.

It's going to be a national cuurrency!!!!
With a fixed value, controlled by the state! There is nothing to invest here!
I am also with you in this matter. If a currency is being controlled by state, regardless of its form, investing there would be useless. Because of the same reasons you mentioned. Actually, that won’t be any different from paper money in any sense other than its digital form. They won’t fluctuate like bitcoin does and neither they are going to produce any ample amount of profits. For me, it sounds like a very bad idea to invest in a national crypto coin.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:29:09 PM

I don't think that they are in need of such an action. They are like an opposite site of crypto-world because it touches their interests and profits in direct ways.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Theones

Activity: 1204
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:34:05 PM

In Poland, one of the bank try to make their own cryptocurrency, what will be protection for the future, when crypto can be so strong.

fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:44:13 PM

No, countries or banks officially won't create crypto. But if they create it, then no one can ban cryptos or Bitcoin. I know some country like Taiwan, Colombia already banned it.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:44:17 PM

State Bank of India: Largest Bank of India has officially announced they will use blockchain technology for the transaction in future. This decision could be a huge step, and it is possible for banks to create their cryptocurrecy.
Newbie Wong

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:55:29 PM

If they do, how to promise the limited supply?
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:14:19 AM

State Bank of India: Largest Bank of India has officially announced they will use blockchain technology for the transaction in future. This decision could be a huge step, and it is possible for banks to create their cryptocurrecy.
We will see more conventional banks interested to implement how money transferred transparently , quick and easy to access with blockchain tech model. They just need a little bit courage to step forward . About creating their own version of cryptocurrency I don't think it could be beneficial for them , they need to be careful making this kind sensitive matter. So it won't easy.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
terrific

Activity: 2086
Merit: 506

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:26:44 AM

Those countries that tried to create their own cryptocurrencies are likely to collect money from investors.
And after that their coin will be dumped and they will go to the usual money fiat system.
It's the reason why if a country will launch its own coin, investors will still choose bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:37:45 AM

Nope. Countries will not create cryptocurrency and banks also don't want to introduce because of the decentralised concept of Bitcoin and crypto. These countries or banks wants to make money from people but cryptocurrency is like making money by people for people. May be it will take another 5 to 10 years for any crypto to be introduced b any country or bank.

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:21:00 PM

Some governments like Venezuela are planning to launch their own cryptocurrecy called "Petro" in effort to stabilize their economic crisis. There are reports also that several central banks have already experimenting with their own versions of virtual currency. If a government creates its own cryptocurrency, its central bank would stand behind and promotes it because it is created by the state.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: