Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?  (Read 3189 times)
Robbio

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:21:48 AM

Yes, you have a very good idea. In fact, I just received the news. Now governments are plotting to issue their own coins. Soon we will see coins appear in many countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:48:37 AM

Yes it is possible, because if they do not accept blockchain technology it is certain that banks will lose clients and no investor will remain in the bank. That's why they have to take action before they all get caught.
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:53:22 AM

Currently I have not seen any countries or banks create their own electronic money. Again, in my opinion, electronic money is quite risky so they do not dare to create their own electronic money.

Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:28:22 AM

I don't that would be easy to any country just create coin on their own, bitcoin still the one recognized and accepted by many but if any country capable of doing so will take time and if so happen they create their own that would their biggest advantage and their biggest asset.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Andika23

Activity: 269

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:07:22 PM

I think maybe later that day will happen, but I don't know exactly when it will happen, but I'm sure because cryptocurrency is growing and many know about cryptocurrency and from some of them investing in cryptocurrency one of them is very popular bitcoin and king of all coins.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:27:33 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

They were talking about it, but they never said they were going to release their own cryptocurrency. Don’t mind the media, they are fond of carrying fake news which you will get to find out is fake if you dig in properly on the issue. If banks create their own cryptocurrency it will be for the purpose of investment and a way to bring more income to themselves and to those who invest… Just like investment does, you know.
I think central banks do kind of have their own "crypto" currency. Maybe not as digital as you might think but comparatively speaking the "banknote" money the "cash" you hold in your hand is just a small portion of the "money" that exists.

Dollar for example has certain amount printed but god knows how many times over they have that in digital books that changes hands here and there with stocks and derivatives and so forth that in the end they say trillions of dollars over the cash limit and still call it a legit money.

Crypto at least has a limit and its miles better in technology compared to old cash. So if its "digital currency" than dollar is already more digital than cash.
Barretwallace

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:38:13 AM

At some stage, the crypto market will need new currencies to sustain the existence of cryptocurrency. Businesses or banks play an important role in the market development process.
horaceN

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:13:53 AM

That would take blockchain and some of bitcoin's technology to the next level, but at the same time, it might be the end of bitcoin as a currency.
peterstark

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:33:55 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

If a central bank created a cryptocurrency that they themselves couldn't manipulate (no arbitrary inflation or account closure/seizure) then it might be just as good as Bitcoin, and who cares which won? More likely, though, the central banks will create "cryptocurrencies" that are just blockchain based fiat, in which they retain the power to inflate. And in this case, how is that fundamentally better than the digital dollars we already have in our bank account?
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:58:09 AM

I think maybe later that day will happen, but I don't know exactly when it will happen, but I'm sure because cryptocurrency is growing and many know about cryptocurrency and from some of them investing in cryptocurrency one of them is very popular bitcoin and king of all coins.
its only about time.soon or later we will see many central bank create their own cryptocurrency.if this is not happen, at least they will implemented blockchain technology.this thing enough for cryptocurrency community.their confidence rise sharply about crypto.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
tonyparker

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:59:02 AM

If the banks will make such a thing, who do you think will use it? Nobody. Will be like another obscure altcoin... Let them try, will be hilarious.
kobecury

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:10:20 AM

Yes, To quickly and securely move money between the central bank and the private banks as needed. It's not exactly revolutionary, but at least they are actively working on testing use cases.
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:39:46 PM

If the banks will make such a thing, who do you think will use it? Nobody. Will be like another obscure altcoin... Let them try, will be hilarious.
well if goverments do support it and it were backed by  particular fiat currency i believe it would be possible to be use massiveliy by the citizens.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Katystrong

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:46:29 PM

wow. seem like it comes true now. To what I know, there are some countries and central bank have their own cryptocurrency
yatogami

Activity: 462

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:13:08 PM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

The main peculiarity of cryptocurrency is that it can be mined by anybody and almost in any place having Internet connection. These very efforts of thousands of miners give the actual value to crypto.
Image that a bank decided to invest in mining equipment and issue their own money - will they be as anonynous and demanded as conventional cryptocurrencies? No. So that's actually the answer to your question.

bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:39:30 PM

What I know, there are countries that have issued cryptocurrency before. What we need to see is their motive for doing it.

Let's look at Venezuela, a country that claims to have raised $ 3 billion in initial coin offerings. Their cryptocurrency is known as Petro and is supported by oil and gas.

According to the news, Venezuela has been sanctioned by the US and Petro is a way to avoid sanctions. The Venezuelan currency has lost value. Therefore, it makes sense for the South American country to issue its own cryptocurrency. Other countries such as China, Israel and Dubai have considered doing so.

Also, because cryptocurrency continues to gain popularity, they will threaten the existence of central banks. To maintain a valuable existence and little control, I think, they will issue cryptocurrency as a way of remaining in "cash games".
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:17:19 PM

I think that over time , all banks and even the state itself will create their own digital money, and it will be just the same step into the future.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:43:37 PM

I think that over time , all banks and even the state itself will create their own digital money, and it will be just the same step into the future.

There will be more and more countries that will jump into cryptocurrency, we can't do anything but to accept that the technology is very fast and even currency change.
One example here is Venezuela, they banned dollar in buying oil, which they replace it with PETRO COIN.
This is one big move from a country to use cryptocurrencies. If you can't stop one thing, can't beat the odds, all you can do is to join them on their victory.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:07:56 PM

we will not know whether in the future there will be a country that makes its own cryptocurrency, but there are many countries that do not like crypto because it is difficult to control because it is anonymous so the government does not do justice. but if it exists then it will make the country faster and more efficient in transacting so that many countries will imitate it.
IndeecV

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:59:40 PM

States are very interested in creating their own cryptocurrency. But it will be absolutely centralized and controlled. Governments will promote their cryptocurrency and ban others.
Right now, the attention of state economists is drawn to the development of cryptocurrency. But stable developed countries will not go to such an experiment first. Everyone is waiting for a successful experience from others and the development of technology.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: