Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:33:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why focus on merits?  (Read 416 times)
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:18:27 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1), Meraki (1)

Why some of the beginners always focus on how they will earn merits and always ranting when there is no merits on every single post? Sometimes it's like you are having a meeting and begging approvals to your co-workers and CEO on your common proposal. We should focus on learning about crypto and making some informative posts that is very helpful rather than focus on earning merits. Some of here are just making another version of an actual post, just putting some incredible attachments for us to say this is unique. Maybe you should focus on how really things work in cryptocurrency because this is the real object you must encounter.

Begging for merits while your posts are qualified and ready to be put on the trash, is very annoying. Merit system is very helpful to us 'cause it inspires us and make a quality post but still, copying and recycling some post is a shitty doings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:37:22 AM

Another thread regarding merit..
Well there are two types of member here in bct forum one, first one 'The Genuine' this users are the one who really cares about whats happening in crypto, the ones who truly want to learn and broaden their knowledge here in crypto, and the ones who truly want to contribute here in the forum. This kind of user usually dont focus enough in merits.

The second type 'Only Care for Money' this type of user in the forum who specialize in making many alts/dummy account, the ones who prioritize earning money while posting shits, the ones who also known as Shitposters, they're the reason why there are many about merit thread in the meta because of constant ranting about the merit system.

ps: I think that the types i used is so uncool.
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

Well there are two types of member here in bct forum one, first one 'The Genuine' this users are the one who really cares about whats happening in crypto, the ones who truly want to learn and broaden their knowledge here in crypto, and the ones who truly want to contribute here in the forum. This kind of user usually dont focus enough in merits.

The second type 'Only Care for Money' this type of user in the forum who specialize in making many alts/dummy account, the ones who prioritize earning money while posting shits, the ones who also known as Shitposters, they're the reason why there are many about merit thread in the meta because of constant ranting about the merit system.

I open this topic since many users are still begging for this merits, they should change their mentality. Also, i want to help them to widen their minds to be a standard member of this forum. Do they even know what's happening outside? We should help them discover the real things and make them realize that it's not all about the money. They should feel the essence of discussing things to each other.

Its definitely true, the second type you are talking about is more than 'the genuine' or could i say the legit ones in our community. Since bitcoin became famous all over the world, there are many people entered this forum without noticing the real agenda in here. I think they should know the meaning of the forum first.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:24:40 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1), Sir Cross (1), Mr. Thang (1)

I open this topic since many users are still begging for this merits, they should change their mentality. Also, i want to help them to widen their minds to be a standard member of this forum. Do they even know what's happening outside? We should help them discover the real things and make them realize that it's not all about the money. They should feel the essence of discussing things to each other.

Its definitely true, the second type you are talking about is more than 'the genuine' or could i say the legit ones in our community. Since bitcoin became famous all over the world, there are many people entered this forum without noticing the real agenda in here. I think they should know the meaning of the forum first.

The sad reality is, people are asking for merits for the sole purpose of ranking-up their accounts in order to earn income. Most individuals here in the forum are focusing on earning money, rather than contributing to it. I know earning alternative income is relatively good, but when people beg for merits it destroys the purpose of having this forum.
Regarding with their mentality, people would exhaust everything just to earn alternative money and begging for merits may be their solution (which I believe seems to be desperate).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
JinCrypts

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:33:31 AM
Merited by misterj (1), inyakizuryel (1)

The sad reality is, people are asking for merits for the sole purpose of ranking-up their accounts in order to earn income. Most individuals here in the forum are focusing on earning money, rather than contributing to it. I know earning alternative income is relatively good, but when people beg for merits it destroys the purpose of having this forum.

Really sad, there are so many members here that joined this forum to earn income in bounties, they never intended to help others nor share info because i think that they dont know much either in crypto. Begging merits wont work here in the forum, why? because the higher rank members know the real essence of this merit system. They wont entertain someone who begs for merit so its useless but still it is sore in the eye seeing someone who begs for merit.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:23:42 AM

Why some of the beginners always focus on how they will earn merits and always ranting when there is no merits on every single post? Sometimes it's like you are having a meeting and begging approvals to your co-workers and CEO on your common proposal. We should focus on learning about crypto and making some informative posts that is very helpful rather than focus on earning merits. Some of here are just making another version of an actual post, just putting some incredible attachments for us to say this is unique. Maybe you should focus on how really things work in cryptocurrency because this is the real object you must encounter.

Begging for merits while your posts are qualified and ready to be put on the trash, is very annoying. Merit system is very helpful to us 'cause it inspires us and make a quality post but still, copying and recycling some post is a shitty doings.

Everyone including you would expect to get merit, that's fair because merit can help us to increase the level of account we have. Perhaps nowadays merit can be said as a very important thing, everyone is competing and motivated to be able to contribute to the forum. I think it has a lot of positive values, so everyone will always try to be active. Imagine that when everyone can provide a positive discussion, Bitcoin's development will increase and the number of Bitcoin users will also increase, it will be very helpful to provide a bright future for Bitcoin which is said to be a new digital financial era in the future.
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:18:57 PM

Everyone including you would expect to get merit, that's fair because merit can help us to increase the level of account we have. Perhaps nowadays merit can be said as a very important thing, everyone is competing and motivated to be able to contribute to the forum. I think it has a lot of positive values, so everyone will always try to be active. Imagine that when everyone can provide a positive discussion, Bitcoin's development will increase and the number of Bitcoin users will also increase, it will be very helpful to provide a bright future for Bitcoin which is said to be a new digital financial era in the future.

How do you say im expecting merit on my post, I'm participating in this forum with positive intentions since i realized that our forum is becoming substandard. I just want to clarify things and help other people to get over this merit system. It is better to say that you're creating post because you learn something than creating post because of merits. I'll change a little bit to your statement, Through knowledge and learnings, (insert your last statement) also, the users of bitcoin and members here will have more lively discussion 'cause we are full of knowledge. Merits can't make an outstanding debate, discussion, talks, conversation and many more. Expressing things through knowledge widens your capability of learning to your community.
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:41:28 PM

I try to focus on query being asked and reply accordingly. And, then I click on meta and see it filled with threads about "meta" like yours. This reminds me of merits.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:51:13 PM
Merited by qwertyup23 (2)

In terms of the "genuine" users you were referring to, realistically, how many of them are here? Or let me put it like this, if we're talking about learning about what's happening in the crypto world, broadening knowledge etc... Is this the right place for that?

I literally opened the bitcoin discussion section (the most populous board that is displayed at the very top) right now, and the first five threads are these:

• How long will bitcoin survive
  • Why I love this bitcoin crash
  • Bitcoin price is recovering!
  • What will you buy if bitcoin will be $1M
  • Why you believe in bitcoin?

Is this really the quality content you want to see, if you're trying to learn more about crypto? I think once we realize the following, everything will be easier to understand: Pretty much everyone here is here for the money. In the past, this forum may have been the best source for crypto related stuff, but not anymore, since there are a lot of other and better resources you can use. So let's establish that everyone wants to make money, and shape the merit system accordingly so that it makes more sense.

di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:19:35 PM
Merited by yamortsac (2), ajmapalo22 (1)

Merits now is considered as one of the tools that measures, the capability of each users how broad their knowledge when it comes to crypto. They used to come up a very good quality post, which can really contributes to crypto world so others may inspires and as a result they can give merits to you. Also, merits are now one of the requirements of bounties for us to participate and join campaigns because you can truly contribute to their services not only for the sake of earnings.

longlivecapitalism

Activity: 966
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:26:18 PM

I think it's a bit unfair for a Full Member to judge newbies who want to rank up. You have more privileges than them and based on those privileges you can actually make a profit in this forum easier than them. And yes, some of them come to this forum just for this. Would you really blame them? Not everyone is here to learn and enlighten.

By the way, posts that complain about newbies who want merits are not unique either  Wink
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:40:59 PM

I think it's a bit unfair for a Full Member to judge newbies who want to rank up. You have more privileges than them and based on those privileges you can actually make a profit in this forum easier than them. And yes, some of them come to this forum just for this. Would you really blame them? Not everyone is here to learn and enlighten.

That is the root of the problem - they are destroying this forum as an information exchange, and as a Bitcoin help and advice resource.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:44:04 PM

By the way, posts that complain about newbies who want merits are not unique either  Wink

then fuck off and get a real job.. unfair.... oh no... life is fucking unfair. you know what else is unfair, the rest of us having our eyes assaulted by shitposts in broken English moaning about not getting a free handout.

go cry to someone else - I hear the Bcash forum is looking for members.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:16:21 PM

By the way, posts that complain about newbies who want merits are not unique either  Wink

I didnt said that "all" of beginners doing this, if you read and appreciate the content of my topic im sure you'll understand how we feel. By the way, im not judging them 'cause the things i see is a matter of fact. This post is an advice for those who focus on merits, i dont care if this unique or not. As i said earlier, i just want to clarify things to help the beginners.

I always saying this to all of you that this forum is not for making profits, maybe you can get profit but this is not the real purpose of this so maybe you must find other forum that focuses on profits and be active there.Then if you hate this i think you belong to the people that just want merits. haha

"Not everyone is here to learn and enlighten." SERIOUSLY? FIND A JOB DUDE, NOT HERE PLEASE.

Since bitcoin became famous all over the world, there are many people entered this forum without noticing the real agenda in here. I think they should know the meaning of the forum first.

insert my reply.. Do you know what forum is? read other replies please for you to be enlighten.
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:32:50 PM

It seems like you don't care on our forum, you just want some profits and thinking about yourself only. You're selfish in a way that wants equality treatment but doesn't care what is the obstacles we've been through reaching this rank. That's why we're helping you out to move yourself out in this merit system and learn because we have so many experiences in here. you should change the mentality of yours. Goodluck, have a good day.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6792

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:39:16 PM

It's going to keep happening as long as merits are required to rank up.

More noobs=more accounts=more people needing merit points.  The points are not unlimited, and thus I think there is going to be a drought at some point.  I was handing them out fairly freely up until a couple of days ago.  I now have about 50 merits left to send, so I'm being more selective.  My opinion is that this system is supposed to frustrate newbies and it's not supposed to be easy to earn merits.  Given how low the quality of posts has been, this is the way I think it should be--and I don't think Theymos is going to change it anytime soon.  Maybe we need more merit sources.  I've definitely seen a lot of posts that probably deserve to be merited, but I just don't have enough merits to give.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Cece

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:47:56 AM

Since the release of the merit system so many people have been disappointed because it is the way to lose or reduce spammers. Nothing will change if we train the previous task, like posting with non quality post and posting with no limit a day. We need to post a good quality because the time will come that the manager's required high merit for their project promotions.  

Like this, Yahoo62278 Sig & Avatar Campaign (High merit required)
BluberryBTC

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:29:18 AM

Also, many of the current signature campaigns only offer positions to members+ so accounts are going to need at least 10 merits to level up. Maybe this will be good news for the higher level accounts who can enter signature campaigns with possibly higher rewards. Either way, I guess I'll have to try my luck with the bounty campaigns until then.  Roll Eyes
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:20:07 AM

Really sad, there are so many members here that joined this forum to earn income in bounties, they never intended to help others nor share info because i think that they dont know much either in crypto. Begging merits wont work here in the forum, why? because the higher rank members know the real essence of this merit system. They wont entertain someone who begs for merit so its useless but still it is sore in the eye seeing someone who begs for merit.
Not true, I did entertain a reputable DT member, refer to my merit stats and check out 30 undeserved merits I received.

The sad reality is, people are asking for merits for the sole purpose of(having matrimonial intercourse with an orphan girl) ranking-up
The sole purpose of having merits is to rank up, in a few years from now, top merited posts would be the most helpful posts, now is just to stop illiterate beggars from lifting their facking lives.

🖤😏
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:39:29 AM

Also, many of the current signature campaigns only offer positions to members+ so accounts are going to need at least 10 merits to level up. Maybe this will be good news for the higher level accounts who can enter signature campaigns with possibly higher rewards. Either way, I guess I'll have to try my luck with the bounty campaigns until then.  Roll Eyes

You are right about this. Focus is on merits only because they are now essential to rank up. If someone has joined here for signature campaigns, he will try to get these 10 merit points asap. However, in my opinion now one has to be patient. It will take more than 3-4 months on average for new members to become a member.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: