Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:46:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFury USB Miner] 0.69 BTC with Hashrate up to 2.7 Gh/s  (Read 16444 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:50:17 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 01:10:03 AM by Bicknellski

Depending on fabrication site the price of these units you might find marginally lower production costs in Indonesia but you would have to cut out some steps and drop the heat sink and with a much larger quantity produced there is little to be gained you could find slightly lower unit costs if they are fabricated in China, but then we lose control over the fabrication and the time to customer will slow and that is not something we are keen to do and shipping then cuts that margin gain again. Price point is reasonable and fair given again the time and effort (costs) to bring this to the market, but again I think people need to calculate things out and make the call as with the earlier units. Clearly if there are not enough orders then there will unlikely be a 2nd run of these units and you will be refunded. As always we are clearly pointing out the limits and pitfalls and not hiding from the buyers.

What we really need to do for all ASICs, including our BPMC units, is find a secondary use like vanity address generator or some sort rig that can help the folding@home projects. http://folding.stanford.edu/ then ROI on BTC won't be the only factor in calculating value of the units.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:56:31 AM

You need more payment options. Just spend 70jt on Oct BitFury pre-order, maybe I'll have some BTC for your next pre-order or project.
18RATTT (OP)

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:59:55 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 03:22:01 AM by 18RATTT

BTC10.8 Gets be 33GH today
No need to spend BTC8.9 to get 27GH 45 days from now.
AM Blades are 3.5BTC hashing 10 Gh =  0.350BTC / Gh
Our BF USB are 0.89BTC hashing 2.5 Gh =  0.356BTC / Gh
AM Block Erupters are 0.125BTC hashing 0.336 Gh =  0.372BTC / Gh

Our BitFury usb miner is way cheaper than AM Block Erupters. But if you compare it with Blades, of course they are tad cheaper than us because the Blades require a backplane to work and not to mention you have to deal with power controller and ethernet controller. On the other hand, our bf usb miner is a Plug-and-Play unit.

We try our best with our pricing to attract buyers, we know we are in no competition with AM, they are the industrial size of this game, compare that to us which of consists of several bitcoin enthusiasts working together to bring something new and hopefully better to the community.

Also, we are offering early/mid octorber delivery which is 21-28 days from now.

t

bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:57:28 AM

Our BitFury usb miner is way cheaper than AM Block Erupters. But if you compare it with Blades, of course they are tad cheaper than us because the Blades require a backplane to work and not to mention you have to deal with power controller and ethernet controller. On the other hand, our bf usb miner is a Plug-and-Play unit.

We try our best with our pricing to attract buyers, we know we are in no competition with AM, they are the industrial size of this game, compare that to us which of consists of several bitcoin enthusiasts working together to bring something new and hopefully better to the community.

t
i can order 50 sticks for 0.12 and have it shipped in 4 days

in 4 weeks from now am prices will be

AM Blades are 2BTC hashing 10 Gh =  0.2BTC / Gh
AM Block Erupters are 0.007BTC hashing 0.336 Gh =  0.21BTC / Gh

and your clients will be waiting Smiley
monsieurmarc

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:06:36 AM

So is that ten at 0.89btc or upto ten?

I still just want to order a whole massive one!

Zammo

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:19:38 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 08:22:50 PM by Zammo

Your USB Miners sounds great and if you were shipping today, I am sure you would filled the 300 orders with no problem at all. I have no doubt countless people with USB erupters would be lining up to swap their asicminer product for yours.... but you are not shipping today and until you have your stock in hand, you can't give an exact date or promise of when you will ship.

The trouble is, your price calculations are flawed. You have based your prices on cost to hash at today's rates. Your USB Miners are in fact 0.89btc/0Gh for at least the next 3 weeks. During the time we are waiting for you to deliver, Asicminer customers will be hashing and earning back the slight extra they paid for their Erupter, which gives the price advantage to asicminer.

There is also a good chance that in the next 3-4 weeks, the price of blades will drop... look at how much USB erupters have dropped in the last 4 weeks. If you include the difficulty increase as well, your pricing simply does not take into consideration all the variables. You need to give a price that reflects the market for when you expect to ship... too many people in this community have been burned investing their money in a technology that gets released long after any chance of a possible ROI.

You are asking people to invest their money and for them to take the risk that your product will still be reasonably priced for the difficulty increase by the time you are ready to ship, when you aren't even in a position to confirm a shipping date. You invest your money, you take the risk, it is not fair you play games with other peoples money. Then, when you have your product in hand, ready to ship, give us a price that reflects the market value and we will place our orders.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:34:28 PM

See also this thread?
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:40:03 PM

See also this thread?

Believe that thread nearly ready to close as most are sold.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Zammo

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:48:04 PM

See also this thread?

I'm not sure what that thread has to do with this one. The thread you linked is for older units, that are ready to ship today but are almost sold out

This thread is for pre-orders to buy the materials needed to manufacture some new units with different coloured LEDs, with no firm shipping date.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:51:31 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 04:09:12 PM by Bicknellski

You are asking people to invest their money and for them to take the risk that your product will still be reasonably priced for the difficulty increase by the time you are ready to ship, when you aren't even in a position to confirm a shipping date. You invest your money, you take the risk, it is not fair you play games with other peoples money. Then, when you have your product in hand, ready to ship, give us a price that reflects the market value and we will place our orders.

We are giving the price based on what we can afford to sell them at now and be able to produce 300 units. It is posted. Make your choice whether you want to buy or not. Not sure we need to wait to have the units in hand because we are waiting on the cheaper BitFury chips to make this run possible. Feel free to make an assessment on future "market value" and buy or don't buy. If we do not get 300 orders then we don't produce these units simple as that. Seems pretty clear and straightforward we are clearly capable of producing the units and have given ample warnings in the OP about the vagaries of chip shipments and what not and if we don't ship by October 31st refunds. 4) You pay 100%, which is only refundable if I fail to deliver in time (due 31st October) Unlike some other sellers in the ASIC market we actually refund people and are pretty reputable to date. Please take that into account when purchasing as well.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:53:22 PM

t

Not really fair to compare since blade and block erupter can have shipped now.  Both of those could be here in 2 days or so.  So they will have mined and also went through some lower difficulties.  Also blades don't require backplane.  Personally I have PSU's setting around, that was all it required was a extra psu and a few cables.

I love the look of your product, and stats.  Just wish you would price with timeline in consideration, and also release name of hub you have shown so many times.

Truly i hope this does take take off and wish you guys the best of luck.  I would love to have some at right price.
18RATTT (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:36:06 PM

i can order 50 sticks for 0.12 and have it shipped in 4 days

in 4 weeks from now am prices will be

AM Blades are 2BTC hashing 10 Gh =  0.2BTC / Gh
AM Block Erupters are 0.007BTC hashing 0.336 Gh =  0.21BTC / Gh

and your clients will be waiting Smiley
Here's the history of AM pricing reduction:
0.50 (-49%)
0.35 (-30%)
0.12 (-65%)

and you are assuming the next price will be 0.007btc which is -94% price reduction from the last price. and you would think that they are going to sell Block Erupters for mere $0.91 (0.007btc x 130 USD) ? this boils down to, "what pricing does the market want for the unit" vs. "what price the vendor can offer to the market".

Not to mention that we are sending our INSTOCK units for those who order from us. So, if you decide to buy 10 units from us, we will ship 1 unit on 21st september and the other 9 units will be shipping early/mid october. you will be hashing 2.5GH by 23rd september (thats 7.5x more than the block erupters). and hashing 25GH by 15 October*

can we deliver?? well, have u seen our productions documention (video, pictures) ?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:38:55 PM

Can you please tell us what hub you are using with your miners?  Its a very nice setup.  For some reason i cant find any info for what your using.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:24:44 AM

Can you please tell us what hub you are using with your miners?  Its a very nice setup.  For some reason i cant find any info for what your using.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292433.msg3150846#msg3150846

Speak to Jason: sales-1@dipo-electron.com, plz mention my name in any contact and pm me before.

Jason
Mob:+86 15012810165
Tel:+86 0769 82160202-85
Fax:+86 0769 82160402-88
MSN:diposales01@hotmail.com
Email:sales-1@dipo-electron.com
Web:www.dipo.net.cn
www.dipo-electron.com
Address:No.1,Third Reservoir Industry Road,Guanjingtou Village,FengGang Town,DongGuan,China

cheers,
kev

Posted in the first thread... it is a Chinese brand you can buy direct on Alibaba.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:54:25 AM

How long will it take for the chips to arrive to you?
Chips will be shipping within 24 hours of payment to punin. Payment is planned to be around the 23rd

Message me if you have any problems
ct1aic

Activity: 714

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:45:09 AM

Good morning and many thanks for NOT answering my email from yesterday, 18RATTT.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
18RATTT (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:16:00 AM

Good morning and many thanks for NOT answering my email from yesterday, 18RATTT.
if you are one of the people who email me about buying 1 unit, please re-read my thread, the price of 0.89BTC is for 10+ units.

ct1aic

Activity: 714

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 08:40:15 AM

if you are one of the people who email me about buying 1 unit, please re-read my thread, the price of 0.89BTC is for 10+ units.
Sorry, but I must be retarded and didn't realised that.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:43:12 AM

FYI There are some GB going on for this if you want less than 10 units.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0
Zammo

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:17:40 PM

24 hours left and you are still short of some orders... though some group buys are being organised

If you can't get the 300 units ordered that you need, what will you do? Obviously, you will refund everyone money as you promised, but will that be it for Red Fury miners? or will you try to work something else out so people can order them?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: