Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:02:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why hackers can get into Myetherwallet  (Read 634 times)
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 06:50:06 PM

It can happen if you can put their private keys in place of their ethereum wallet any where on social media or any where in airdrop.If you can't share your private key any body then any hacker cannot hack your account and you can also secure your operating system with antivirus it can protect you from phishing sites.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:51:40 PM

The only people who get their MEW hacked are those who somehow give away their private ETH key. This is comparable to losing your house key in front of your house or something like that. Of course if a thief see's that they are going to break in and steal your stuff! Tongue

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:31:15 PM

When you say clicked on the spam email, did you ever input your key?  If not, then i assume it was a keylogger?  Or could malware do this for just clicking an email.  also when you say click spam email, you mean click on the actual link in the email?  Because if you open an email from an unknown person but dont click on any link, that is generally fine?
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:36:43 PM

MEW is easy to hack compared to other conventional wallets because two factor authentication can't be used with MEW. That's the glitch of their process. You need to extensively use your private key to access and send funds. There are lot of articles available in reddit with similar hacking stories. So it is advisable not to keep very high amounts in MEW.

Also stop using etherdelta exchange. You need to export your private keys to that exchange and your activities are monitored through browser cookies. That is the reason why decentralized exchanges are not able to gain popularity. Their security are worst.

Read the below article and choose your wallets carefully. If you have a licenced version of internet security package installed in your system, choose a desktop client.

https://tokenmarket.net/what-is/ethereum-token-wallets/

As far as I know MEW should not be hackable in itself, but the fact that you have to USE your private key again and again to access it makes it so that IF by any chance a hacker has got you in his traps, either phising or keylogger, then he'll steal your private key and access all what's in your MEW.
Get yourself a hardware wallet folks! You'll never regret to have been to cautious!

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:58:31 PM

Well, there are a couple of different possibilities of what might have happened.

You might have logged into a phishing website and hackers acquired your login data that way.
Or you have malware on your PC, perhaps a keylogger or something else.

Never install any software if you're not sure that the source is safe.

That's right, I am not saying that hacking is not bad; however, they are not to blame every time something like this happens, just like the different reasons stated above. Another one is through airdrop enrollments, I have a friend that enrollment in an airdrop that asks for wallet information only to find out the enrollment site is not a legit one, but is equipped with data recovery programs to get one's wallet information of some sort. Just like what happened to you, all his holdings in that wallet were also stolen. I guess, the best move here is to change your wallet and just be cautious in keeping it, no matter what.

CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:01:36 PM

Hackers are always targeting and trying their luck. You cannot say anything is fully hack-proof, you just have to do your best and be smart about things. Never giving any details out, signing in from machines that are not yours, storing in online wallets/exchanges only ... These are all bad traits.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:05:30 PM

The main reason why hackers can tap in your MyEtherwallet wallet, is because this wallet is website based and website based wallets are easy prey for hackers due to its non secure nature. And to prevent this kind of actions you should always checkbthe connection you are using, always check for the secure sign on the search bar to indicate that the connection you are using is really secure.
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:21:46 PM

Because not all systems are protected as well as you would like. Entering the site there already the first paragraph, we are notified that no one is immune from attacks by fraudsters.
udivkx

Activity: 279
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:23:37 PM

this afternoon .. Myetherwallet wallet I have been in stolen the contents by hackers ..
and I lost the ETH, has anyone ever experienced a similar case to the one I'm currently experiencing?
and how to keep this from happening again? this is really annoying (hacker shit)
We need details. Maybe you went to a false phishing website? They are very similar and difficult to distinguish from the present.

Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:24:39 PM

In my opinion, sometimes when you enter the wrong DNS or you can get a hack. So you should be careful with the type of email or links you have open even the websites you visit. Hackers are everywhere so alert to provide security in your wallet. Cool
renggileh

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:58:02 PM

you certainly has have clicked links or pishing sites.
because nowadays hackers make every effort to reap the benefits of everyone, use everyting way.
my advice for the future you have to be careful
never click on a suspicious link, or participate with an airdrop requesting your private key.
it is obviously a scam.
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:01:44 PM

This is not surprising. You need to keep their currencies in cold wallets, such as best wallet. My friend left his private keys in a confidential dialogue with himself in Telegram. And they stole $ 30,000 from his wallet. Embarrassed

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:06:00 PM

This has happened many times to many people using MEW.  You may have visited a phasing or cloned MEW page. It's better to download the full offline page of MEW at github so you can login offline,  or use Metamask extension and don't ever use your main wallet for etherdelta
White32

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:56:28 PM

I think maybe someone knew your private key or you enter a suspicious website that supposed not to visit. Next time beware of clicking any link you're not able to sure that its trusted and safe. Just double check the websites and make sure to keep your private keys well.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:11:53 AM

this afternoon .. Myetherwallet wallet I have been in stolen the contents by hackers ..
and I lost the ETH, has anyone ever experienced a similar case to the one I'm currently experiencing?
and how to keep this from happening again? this is really annoying (hacker shit)

I hear all the time about different problems on such services like MyEtherwallet and Etherdelta. It is already a time to find some other places where it will be secure to provide and keep my Ethereum coins.
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:04:56 AM

Myetherwallet is very strong wallet but it is possible due to our stupidity
Mostly it happens when some airdrops or sites ask us to write our private address in the form, then some people think that they are asking to write a private key and due to misunderstanding they write private key instead of ether or private address.
Second, it can be stolen when a person keeps his private key in his email or PC and if it is affected by any malware or hacked by someone.
thinkme1st

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:09:35 AM
Merited by criptix (1)

This is only possible if you had been on some phishing site or you pc/laptop is having malware/keyloggers installed. Always avoid to download any app/programs from websites. Do encrypt your private key always. Read this Thread for the guide
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3002655.msg30874759#msg30874759

heureca

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:14:39 AM

It could be two reasons only - when you visit fishing site or give your private key (for example some suspicious airdrops require private key). Safety of wallet is in your hands only

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Jaemouns

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:16:24 AM

are you sure your wallet is hacked ? did you use another pc or laptop ?
dont you ever use another pc or laptop to login into a decentralized exchange, because they will need your private key.

Indeed right,  dont try to log in your wallet into another pc.  Either there was a key loggers or that pc already have a phishing site.  Knowing that you have that much of coins. Please becareful for that. Do not log in into untrusted site for your safety.
deddod

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:47:26 PM

recently many people have lost their token in myrtherwallet by a hacker. So to secure your myetherwallet I suggest you to use metamask extension in google chrome.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀