Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:12:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX580 8GB CryptoNight Settings help please.  (Read 515 times)
murgorx (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:21:13 PM

Hello guys.
Recently, because of all of the problems with the ethermine pool producing a high volume of stale shares, I've decided to try my luck with ETN, because I learned that AMD cards are also good for mining Cryptonight.
So I did a quick research, tried at first with the XMR-STACK , but it did not recognize all of my cards, but just 1, so I tried my luck with the GatelessGate miner and I was actually pretty damn well surprised by the outcome - each card producing around 880h/s.
As I was scrolling around in the thread, I saw that there are people with weaker cards than mine RX570 4gb, who are going up to 1kh/s and I started wondering how to squeeze the max out of my cards.
Tried to look up in the net more information about what kind of settings I need for this type of algorithm, but I was not able to find any useful data, so if anyone could help me out I would be really thankful.
In mining Cryptonight, what's of the most importance - cclock, mclock, RI, local work size, threads, voltage regulation?! The algorithm seems to be fairly easy and the power draw for each card is around 65-70w, which I would sacrifice if I can get much higher hashes, just because the electricity in my country is kinda really cheap and the cost of it won't really affect my results in the end.
If you guys want more information or screenshots from something, please do tell me, I would provide you with whatever you want in terms of data.
Thanks for taking the time.
BR
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:33:50 PM

May be try sgminer (google it). it is free miner, no fees.
 I have to look at my sgminer settings for the RX (I dont use cryptonight algos that often) and can share it back.

This worked good for me in the past for cryptonights -  bios custom mem strap for 2000,  mem set to 2000, core (if electricity is cheap) 1200, otherwise I used 1150.  core undervolt to 950 mv.  900mv is possible too.  
Share your memory brand on the gpu, I can give you some of the public mem straps for that memory brand if you don`t have it already.

stable  1kh on cryptonight for rx570 is questionable, but stable 850-900 is doable.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:04:51 PM

I have to look at my sgminer settings for the RX (I dont use cryptonight algos that often) and can share it back.

This worked good for me in the past for cryptonights -  bios custom mem strap for 2000,  mem set to 2000, core (if electricity is cheap) 1200, otherwise I used 1150.  core undervolt to 950 mv.  900mv is possible too.  
Share your memory brand on the gpu, I can give you some of the public mem straps for that memory brand if you don`t have it already.

stable  1kh on cryptonight for rx570 is questionable, but stable 850-900 is doable.

its not questionable, just a question of the right bios mod and how far you overclock

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:07:10 PM

I have been using Claymore's AMD Cryptonight miner. Easy to set up and mines well!

tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:32:41 PM

treanski:  nice.  Care to share?
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:45:58 PM

...So I did a quick research, tried at first with the XMR-STACK , but it did not recognize all of my cards...

What do you mean by this? I've never had an issue with that. If you generate the amd.txt file and then add another card it won't add it for you. You either have to delete the amd.txt file or manually edit it.

The settings in the file really depend on the card. I have a ton of RX 580 8GB and RX 570 8GB cards. It is rare (at least for me) to put a card in and get the fastest hash rate without tweaking the settings...

For example here are two cards... Both get about 885 H/s. Both have different settings.

Code:
"gpu_threads_conf" : [
  { "index" : 0,
    "intensity" : 960, "worksize" : 8,
    "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : true
  },
  { "index" : 0,
    "intensity" : 960, "worksize" : 8,
  },
  { "index" : 1,
    "intensity" : 1024, "worksize" : 8,
  },
  { "index" : 1,
    "intensity" : 1024, "worksize" : 8,
  },
],

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------
Totals:   1771.3 1768.1 1770.9 H/s
Highest:  1836.9 H/s
HASHRATE REPORT - AMD
| ID |    10s |    60s |    15m | ID |    10s |    60s |    15m |
|  0 |  439.9 |  437.6 |  438.4 |  1 |  436.6 |  436.4 |  438.3 |
|  2 |  448.2 |  446.8 |  447.1 |  3 |  446.4 |  447.3 |  447.1 |
-----------------------------------------------------
manzey

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:16:37 PM

manzey

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:18:41 PM

so I've tried downloading sgminer... I don't know if am having the right version.. I've downloaded sgminer 5.5.6 cryptonight v7... But I don't know how to set it up... So if you can help that would be really appreciated... Am using rx580 8g
manzey

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:38:24 PM

its not questionable, just a question of the right bios mod and how far you overclock

https://preview.ibb.co/jVhMrS/1.jpg
manzey

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:40:17 PM

https://preview.ibb.co/jVhMrS/1.jpg
Hey.. Am mining cryptonight night using sgminer... Rx580 8g.. But my hashes ain't that high so if you don't mind sharing some tweaks would be very appreciated... And also the version of sgminer that you're using
GSENetwork

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 03:20:10 AM

I think currently it is not the best choice to using the GPU card for mining. I perfer mining machine instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: