Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The value of the information in the current times  (Read 144 times)
DIGNIDAD (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

Solid - the right step towards the goal!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 05:25:56 PM

With the recent problems of facebk and other companies whit leaks of information or manipulation comes many questions: what is really the value of the information?, what kind of data the organizations are buying?, what is the use of that information? if someone buy my personal data, how many that person paid for it? and thhe most important, how i can protect my data from those companies?
Let's discuss about how information its gaining value.

Solid Sources is a technology based blockchain That allows to decentralize the collection of statistical data in a free and safe way

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMMBAGGA

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:32:16 PM

Only information has certain value.  Suppose it you have no information about dollars and on your way some notes of dollars are lying on the street but because you do not know what dollar is you will just ignore.  So knowledge gained from informations is valuable than the objects commodities instruments.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:27:48 PM

The cambridge case was more of an exploitation of Facebook's existing model for data sharing rather than a 'leak.' Your user information is vital in this day and age due to the potential dollars marketers can make off of you. Your data gives these entities a better understanding of how to sell to you. If you want to limit the amount of user data 'shared' to these people, don't use a facebook profile as a way to link all of your accounts.
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:39:02 AM

An adage has it that "knowledge is power" and if your not informed you are deformed so base on the fact above every who desires to succeed in life must make his or her self available to useful information and take a quick advantage of such situations as they lock around. for example i never no of bitcoin trading until i got to here of it.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:59:39 AM

what kind of data the organizations are buying?

Any possible data they can gather.
Mostly buying habits you possibly have.Websites you visit. The time you spend on a website. The amount of times you click on a specific AD.
But also metadata like IP's, your OS (desktop / mobile), possibly GPS..

what is the use of that information?

Simple. Advertising.
They want to show you an AD which animates you to buy something.
A few months ago i have read an article about an AI in combination with big data.
They are trying to build a system which does show AD's on a users mobile of something the user wants, which is available in a shop just a few minutes away.

if someone buy my personal data, how many that person paid for it?

That differs a lot.
There are packages available with millions of user data (e.g. fbook). These will be relatively 'cheap' on a 'per person' rate.
But one could also hire a private detective to collect data.

This really depends on the method used to gather those information.

and thhe most important, how i can protect my data from those companies?

Don't give it away.
You should stop using social networks or applications which do gather and distribute your personal data.
Additionally you could use something which blocks javascripts on a site by default. (e.g. NoScript browser extension).

You will be shocked how much scripts are running on a website just displaying 'news'.
Those are mostly tracking services. The whole purpose is to track users across sites to create a profile.

google98

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:09:12 AM

Not only in the present days, but even in the past, the information has the most valuable thing with which you can change the course of an event. Specifically for our data, I think they can always be found as long as someone wants them and they need it.  Smiley

paymentbit21

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:15:46 AM

oh, well, this is a very good question .. I do not even know the answer .. but you are moving correctly, since you are interested in the issues of this magnitude.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:19:18 AM

With the recent problems of facebk and other companies whit leaks of information or manipulation comes many questions: what is really the value of the information?, what kind of data the organizations are buying?, what is the use of that information? if someone buy my personal data, how many that person paid for it? and thhe most important, how i can protect my data from those companies?

First this is not the proper forum to tackle this since this concerns nothing about bitcoin itself instead this is about the users,maybe in economy or meta i dont know where th belongs.

Regarding the data its indeed that company may get ours specially today that KYC is obliged in some aspect which will reveal our real identity thats why i dont support this
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:20:57 AM

Information is a very valuable things, that is the reason why all the company keep all the data confidential, if you watch YouTube or newspaper there are cases where people used identity theft to deceived other people, and personal data is very useful for developers to hook big investors, so it's very important to keep your data secure, only submit your documents to a trusted site

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:22:14 AM

It's true that Facebook is currently experiencing data leakage, and I think the data is very important because it has a secret or private properties.
Polly.Nochka

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:30:57 AM

Indeed, the Internet is very acute problem of information leakage. But the modern technologies, of which I am now speaking, Blokhchain, completely solve this problem. And if humanity enters this path, then it will be great!
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:31:15 AM

Information is the key of the lock which open it and you see the directions now a days its compulsory for any field or project you have to start first collect the information in this way you gain all advantages and disadvantages before you face it and you know at which stage hows circumferences its now modern age so here totally scientific methods.  

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: