Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: stop being negative and start being positive.  (Read 619 times)
Similificator (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:46:22 PM
Merited by Vatimins (14), suchmoon (7), cryp24x (5), MrZ28s (5), rizkyhiw (3), Gibreil (1), orions.belt19 (1), haroldtee (1), mmhaimhai (1)

Good day people of bitcointalk forum!

I am writing this to all those people who are already way in too deep on the addiction of being negative. Yes, this message is for you my dear friends, and for all the others out there that are on the point in their lives where all they see are negative things which are unconsciously getting drawn into the addiction of being a negative thinking person.

Now, at some point in our lives we all have had bad experiences right? I mean, who didn't? You see, whatever it is that you are going through right now, somebody is going through worse(or something like that). Do you know what I mean? Okay, stay with me. So, how do you cope with all the negativity in your life? Wait, let me rephrase that, have you even thought about dealing with all the negativity that you have gone through or still experiencing? If not, then I suggest that you do so. You see pal, most of the people will tell you to just ignore them and look in the bright side instead and be more positive. But ask yourself, has that really ever worked for you? once? twice? a couple of times? Well, I'll tell you why not or why it didn't work out for longer than you have expected. It is simply because what you are doing really cannot make you a positive person. Well, maybe sometimes you think it works but then later on, you start feeling the same way again and you do the same cycle every damn time without noticing a single thing getting better. You do the same thing over and over again with every negativity that comes to you. And guess what? It still didn't work and probably won't ever work. This is most certainly because you are not being positive or doing a great strategy to become more positive in life. Instead, what you are doing is just running away from all that negativity and just lying to yourself using the strategy "looking at the bright side" as a disguise or a cover up for all your running away.

Now don't get me wrong, I sure ain't saying that sitting down and resting is a bad thing(a better thing to say than running away lol). I mean, resting is actually good for the mind and body. In fact, it has been proven that having a good rest physically and mentally can really make anyone be at their best at whatever they do or face all throughout the day(the same principle also applies to your lifetime as a whole). But, as what people always say, "too much of anything is never good." So okay wait, what is it really that we have to do? Well, one thing that really worked out for me is facing all these negativity straight on. I really do not know how to explain it deeper so let me just tell you guys what I did. one day, I went inside my room, closed the door, laid on my bed, shut my eyes and then let my thoughts run freely for a while until I get comfortable. And then I just started thinking about all the negativity I have in my life together with all the positivity. Believe it or not, there were actually quite a lot of images and scenarios that I saw, both good and bad mixed up altogether from biggest to smallest. Memories like losing my first pet, getting kicked out of school, being a disappointment to my family, and so much more. There were also memories of that time when I, together with my team won a school to school soccer competition when I was on 7th grade and that time when I first had a motor bike. I was literally having mixed emotions and didn't notice that tears were already falling down my face. Then it started to get harder to focus on memories that I missed, and the memories that I hated remembering. But then slowly, looking back at all of them, things started to make sense. Then the process of accepting everything as normal things that really do happen in life started all by itself. Yes, it took me a couple of days before achieving this and a few more in repeating it over and over again until one day I suddenly felt this great sign of relief. At last, I have finally been able to release all these negativity inside of me. And no, not by running away from them but by accepting them instead and seeing them as things that make me as a whole or who I am. Something that makes me even better and stronger than ever before rather than something that just cripples me that I need to rid myself off. Acceptance is what I think enables a person to really grow. And it is really ironic how we all need to accept this because the sooner we do, the earlier we start to actually grow. There just ain't no other way around it.

Even though, I really cannot deny that every now and then, I still get carried away by negativity sometimes, I am pretty confident to say that I am now more comfortable in dealing with them. Absolutely more than I ever was. Decisions are more easier, problems weigh lighter and pretty much everything is more bearable than it used to. Yes, this may be a never ending process, but so is life. So you better start early, make it a habit,  start now.

Ooookay! You may be wondering what all these have to do with bitcoins and stuff here or the crypto world as a whole. Well, just look at it this way. In the real world, we experience all sorts of positivity and negativity every day. The same thing goes when we are here in the crypto world. Because whether we like it or not, as much as we need a good working mind to make big decisions in real life, it is also the same here.

Hope this makes sense, reaches and helps you guys in any way.
good day and good luck,

-Similificator

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:00:58 PM

Easier said than done, and not only that but people tend to weight the negatives heavier than the positives. Then when you look back you feel like a lot more negative happened and that isn't true. If we work on filtering the good more we will see our lives are actually fabulous given the real amount of problems we have. I can think of zero real problems I have in my life right now (1st world problems don't count as problems) and for that I am ever grateful.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:25:47 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7), Similificator (1), haroldtee (1)

I don't know if there is a lot of negativity in most things. What might complicate things is, for some strange reason we expect things to be easy which makes us prone towards becoming discouraged when the problem solving process is more difficult than expected. Its also common for some to have an exaggerated mental image of what their capabilities and resources are. Overconfidence is an easy state of mind to achieve.

Some believe a "positive mindset" is defined by 100% avoiding details, facts or anything that is unpleasant. I try not to subscribe to that pop culture worldview which may espouse "pleasant delusions" over "unpleasant truth".

In the 3rd Lord of the Rings book, The Return of the King, there's a scene where a city is besieged by orcs. The orc army is decapitating captives and using catapults to launch their heads over the city walls so that the populace are being bombarded by the severed heads of their neighbors and others they knew personally. Everything looks bad. The city defenders are being overrun. Everyone is giving up. Of course that's when the heroes show up, they rally everyone and give them hope. Eventually defeat turns into victory.

I think that describes something like a real positive attitude. Being aware of what the negatives are and maybe not letting them discourage or be a downer. Being able to rationalize things in a way which prevents the negative circumstances which can plague someones mentality when circumstances look dire or dim.

Thinking about it, there could be specific ways to achieve this which could be perspective based. It could be based on the way people choose to view their circumstances and the world. I'm not saying this as someone who claims to have all the answers. But more as someone who used to be a lot more negative. I think you could be right in that the only way to be positive is to face facts and realize they aren't so frightening or scary as they might have initially seemed. What could be more frightening is refusing to face facts and not having any real semblance of control due to there being no reliable means of quantifying what is what. To play the game people need to know what the rules and reality of things. Refusing to face facts is like trying to play an MMORPG without knowing the controller mapping.
Similificator (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:24:01 PM

I don't know if there is a lot of negativity in most things. What might complicate things is, for some strange reason we expect things to be easy which makes us prone towards becoming discouraged when the problem solving process is more difficult than expected. Its also common for some to have an exaggerated mental image of what their capabilities and resources are. Overconfidence is an easy state of mind to achieve.

Some believe a "positive mindset" is defined by 100% avoiding details, facts or anything that is unpleasant. I try not to subscribe to that pop culture worldview which may espouse "pleasant delusions" over "unpleasant truth".

In the 3rd Lord of the Rings book, The Return of the King, there's a scene where a city is besieged by orcs. The orc army is decapitating captives and using catapults to launch their heads over the city walls so that the populace are being bombarded by the severed heads of their neighbors and others they knew personally. Everything looks bad. The city defenders are being overrun. Everyone is giving up. Of course that's when the heroes show up, they rally everyone and give them hope. Eventually defeat turns into victory.

I think that describes something like a real positive attitude. Being aware of what the negatives are and maybe not letting them discourage or be a downer. Being able to rationalize things in a way which prevents the negative circumstances which can plague someones mentality when circumstances look dire or dim.

Thinking about it, there could be specific ways to achieve this which could be perspective based. It could be based on the way people choose to view their circumstances and the world. I'm not saying this as someone who claims to have all the answers. But more as someone who used to be a lot more negative. I think you could be right in that the only way to be positive is to face facts and realize they aren't so frightening or scary as they might have initially seemed. What could be more frightening is refusing to face facts and not having any real semblance of control due to there being no reliable means of quantifying what is what. To play the game people need to know what the rules and reality of things. Refusing to face facts is like trying to play an MMORPG without knowing the controller mapping.

Man, that was an amazing response. And I couldn't agree with it more. How will anyone be ever equipped with the right items, upgrade the right skills if they do not understand how the game works together with all the functions of every item and every skill(dota 2 player here btw lol)? The same things really do apply in real life. If you cannot accept the fact that you do not have the key for every door or every solution for every problem, you will never appreciate the solutions and keys that you already possess for all these doors and problems.

I hope a lot will be able to read your response to my post.
yours clearly is easier to understand.
imma merit you coz you deserve one, thanks for the response and good day man. Smiley
labs0918

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:07:58 PM

Stop being negative and start being positive because because negatities in life can't help us to solve our problems just be positive and believe to God and he will guide us.

thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:23:04 PM

Easier said than done, and not only that but people tend to weight the negatives heavier than the positives. Then when you look back you feel like a lot more negative happened and that isn't true. If we work on filtering the good more we will see our lives are actually fabulous given the real amount of problems we have. I can think of zero real problems I have in my life right now (1st world problems don't count as problems) and for that I am ever grateful.
Yes it is true,negative thoughts or  scammer will not belong here as long as they want this forum to be broken.We have here to promote the cryptocurrency especially for bitcoin because this is a root of our income and we should take care of it as we take good care of our profits.Positve thoughts of this forum activities is the only way so that the cryptocurrency will be allive until the end.
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 01:38:31 PM
Merited by CASTIEL05 (1)

"The end justifies the means"
As we walk to our own journey, there is always a problem that we will encounter. Problems that will test our faith, capability, and endurance. Problems that will put ourselves to a great fatality. Problem that is hard to overcome. But, why do we need to suffer from a devastating problem? There are times that we want to surrender, there are times that we want to give up! Because we know that it is too hard to surpass. I am sure that everything has a purpose. God will not give a problem that we will not overcome. He knows everything, He knows what will be the good for us. Stop complaining to your problems. Let the negative turns to be positive.
I know that it is not easy to move along the path we didn't know. But, how we will finish the road if we will not take it? Darkness covered our way, mistakes scares us to fight and hope does not exist to ourselves. We need to conquer them all! We must not negative things ruin our life, we must maneuver the road that we will walking. Yet it is hard to move but we need to take a risk. Because success  is only for those who tried. The essence of success cannot be measured by material things but by the problems you have overcome. Just don't surrender when you have been mistaken. Remember, Failures and rejection are the first step to success!
Life is full of circumstances, full of tragedy but we must conquer it till the end of our life! Because, as William Henly said:
We are the master of our faith.
We are the captain of our soul.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:40:20 PM

-snip-
Great post Hydrogen and Similificator! Hydrogen, your first two sentences actually summarized the whole idea about life and how a lot of people have always missed it. Life is not easy or fair, neither is it a bed of roses, as there will always be some challenges along the line, but the problem is most people do not end up getting themselves equipped with great knowledge for the challenges ahead which is why at the slightest chance, they just drop their shoulders and pick the negative aspect to even the little challenges that comes their way.

Human nature naturally is to always see a half empty cup rather than it being half-filled and that is where they always end up getting it all wrong. I read a book once written by Donald trump before he became president and how he pursued a project for 14 years before he could get it, trust me mate, most people would have given up along the line and I probably would have either. However, the word I picked most in all he wrote was;
...this is the reason why there are few billionaires in the world.
While some are busy looking at the negative side of things, some are busy getting stronger and seeing how they can make the best use of any challenge to their benefit and keep staying stronger.

I always like using the eagle as a case study. While all birds are busy running away from the storm, eagle is always busy standing out and playing with the storm, this is because the eagle see things in a different perspective based on how it has been fashioned. How we fashion ourselves is the way we will always end up responding to things.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:42:01 PM

Yes it is true,negative thoughts or  scammer will not belong here as long as they want this forum to be broken.We have here to promote the cryptocurrency especially for bitcoin because this is a root of our income and we should take care of it as we take good care of our profits.Positve thoughts of this forum activities is the only way so that the cryptocurrency will be allive until the end.
They are good in tongue but not in mind,this guys only aims for merits thats why they are doing such LONG STORY to find attention and maybe to be merited..but trust me when time comes of DIP when prices are totally red,theyre the one who's withdrawing funds all the way lol.
Jlimao28

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:53:28 PM

Sometimes, being a pessimist is an advantage. Why? We are anticipating the real problems that will ruin our life. Thinking negative things are not good because it will attracts bad luck, Chinese people said. But I did not really trust that saying. Negative thinking is good as positive thinking, the purpose why there is contradiction between two opposite manner is in order to maintain the equillibrium.
I believe that we are experiencing negative things because we need to change something, maybe in our life or life of others.
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:25:31 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 03:23:30 PM by pankowri

Just don't have the mouth,we have to believe that stop being negative and start being positive.If we have to think positively in every work,then the result will be positive.As well as investing in crypto-currency,we need to think positive and take risk.Otherwise,the results of the work will not succeed.Negative thought results are negative.

Similificator (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:57:09 PM

They are good in tongue but not in mind,this guys only aims for merits thats why they are doing such LONG STORY to find attention and maybe to be merited..but trust me when time comes of DIP when prices are totally red,theyre the one who's withdrawing funds all the way lol.

Lol. I see that you're quite pretty sure about how you see me. Well, I'd be a damn liar if I said I didn't want any merits. But I sure am not begging for them. If someone appreciates what I say or express and gives me a merit for it, then great, I am very thankful. And if not, I am still grateful that they spent some time reading my post. I only shared my experience because lately, I have been seeing lots of negativity in the majority of posts all over the forum. I mean, wouldn't you want to see something positive out of all the negativity surrounding the forum? I don't know about you but I would surely love to see more optimism in this forum since there clearly are a lot of great things happening but most of the time people only see the bad ones.

Oh, and by the way, I consider reading as a great thing, which is why I got hints to not panic sell. I actually think I found clues on the past years of bitcoin that made me believe that there is somewhat a pattern for all these dips like, what month of the year these kind of dips mostly happens, the percentage of dips for the past years, etc. Although not as accurate as what I wished it would be, it really kind of helped me a lot in putting realistic marks on when I should sell and take profits or hold. Although profits may not be as high as other big players out there, at least I still am seeing profits. And for this year, even when the percentage of the drop isn't anywhere near the biggest percentage of the drops, the time frame of this happening is somewhat frighteningly fast. But even so, I think that only the time frame has changed and that the same things will probably be happening like the past years. Specially now with the lightning networks in place. Which is why I am still holding and buying bit by bit whenever possible.

But hey, no offense taken here my friend, we all have different perspectives about same and different things which is why I totally respect yours. I am really glad that you took the time to share your own opinion. Thanks pal, and good day. Smiley
ralle14
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1873

Metawin.com

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:16:48 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 05:02:34 PM by ralle14

Not only that they could also be the ones who  are posting bitcoin hate threads,spreading fud/toxicity on bitcoin discussion and speculation. We have different solutions to avoid scammers like the trust system and scam accusation board. Having some negative posts/threads is fine as long as they're not spam and is on the right board but if it's getting pointless where the post is low quality it should be reported to the moderators.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
wave1002012

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:22:12 PM

Many people did not succeed in their ambition in life because of their negative thinking that makes them weak. So why not try to reach your dreams, just be positive and I’m sure your desire in life will come true.
Rrotess

Activity: 264

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:32:54 PM

Yes it's true because only positive people has  truly mindset on how to control it's emotions and make an essence to be a great bitcoiner in this forum activities.We had a different country here to joined in this activities but we make united because of bitcointalk and on how we have a postive trust for our steps to make.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:31:21 PM

OP this topic is the right to do here because we already experience the volatile price of digital currency at first so think negative is nothing,If you think positive you can earn and you can move forward for the future like think always like that,Study crypto so you will learn a lot by that for your earnings

bakekang008

Activity: 171

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:34:44 AM

If you wake up every morning always think positive so the negative vibes will not enter in your whole day.  Because once negative vibes will start your day then your whe day will ruin. Always smile even you always facing some struggle in your life.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
pogiparin

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:07:19 AM

I think you misunderstand the very  concept of "negativity." Being negative in this manner is being safe and critical about one's assets. This is real life and you cannot be too experimental about your moves and decisions. It will cost you a lot of money if you always think positively. I think your mentality should be balanced.

|█     |     DPH     |     D I G I P H A R M     |     █|
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
╚════════   WWW.DIGIPHARM.CH   ════════╝
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:51:25 AM

I think you misunderstand the very  concept of "negativity." Being negative in this manner is being safe and critical about one's assets. This is real life and you cannot be too experimental about your moves and decisions. It will cost you a lot of money if you always think positively. I think your mentality should be balanced.
What a straightforward person and think only for money.Maybe money is important but there are other things that needs to bear in mind than money.Frustration in other things is also a matter and has to face it positively.

Being aware of what the negatives are and maybe not letting them discourage or be a downer.Being able to rationalize things in a way which prevents the negative circumstances which can plague someones mentality when circumstances look dire or dim.
I hope everyone can do it.

Having a positive mind set is not a problem as long as you can face its possible circumstances and not be discourage.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
koyo12

Activity: 123

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:15:54 AM

Yes stop being negative because its bad effect to your daily life,  everyday be positive so the positive vibes will enter you everyday. Always smile,  and honest to everyone and also give dedicate on what you do everyday.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: