Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:39:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now we have to do a live video to participate (KYC)  (Read 152 times)
The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:34:38 PM

I wouldn't join any ICO project that want me to do a live video or any type of video or even a photography verification. If you can't eliminate scammers and thieves from your project then I have no interest in your project. Usually I'm OK with KYC but they try to have ridiculous requests now.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:43:59 PM

WTF is up with having to do a live webcam feed to pass KYC to participate in airdrops, bounties and ICO's?  Are you guys actually doing this?  Seems like a huge personal security issue.  I don't even use the webcam to talk to my family let alone some mysterious crypto project that is going to do god knows what with my personal information.   

.gov agent sets up project, finds out who is using this new currency that is in direct competition with theirs and now has you on video tape trying to purchase it.  Look up Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi to see what happens when you stop using the central bankers currency. 

We as a community should come together to stop this.  Using JPMorgan is more private, secure and less risky than this.  I really see no point in Crypto other than to profit if this is the direction things are going.  It seems as though the movement is being dismantled.

It's not up to us to decide for that. The ICO Decides for that and usually if you don't want to do this you can either tell someone else to act as a proxy investor for you, or just wait till the ICO/airdrop is over and buy up the coins on the open market.

Many governments have banned ICOs or started regulating it strictly, that is the reason for these new stricter rules.

This won't impact other cryptos, it's just some ICOs have chosen to do this. It's a chore to invest now, though, for sure. And the opportunities are getting less and less.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:44:19 PM

Nope i will never do live kyc ever even the projects are very promising, why would i do that if i can invest after there ico those user who was able to get free coins from airdrop will surely sell their coins at a low price. I will just wait for that opportunity to come to hoard myself those coins.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:03:02 AM

I think the video is just a gimmick, spearheaded from quanstamp who asked for proof of care to determine the level of allocation. And then more and more projects started to come up with all sorts of funny requirements. The problem with kyc of some projects is that there is no security in ensuring data are not hacked or misused.
Experty is one of them that lost user data.

hippygreen

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:58:12 AM

I think the video is just a gimmick, spearheaded from quanstamp who asked for proof of care to determine the level of allocation. And then more and more projects started to come up with all sorts of funny requirements. The problem with kyc of some projects is that there is no security in ensuring data are not hacked or misused.
Experty is one of them that lost user data.

The Experty example should be enough to frighten anyone. 

I really hope the crypto community at large realizes the potential impact they are having by participating in this disturbing trend called KYC.  Please think through what crypto's true value is and pit that against providing all your personal info to individuals who you do not know and who cannot possible protect the data 100%.  Hopefully the fact that your actively hurting your own investments by doing so dawns on you.  Your freedom and future generations freedom may also be at stake.  Please wise up people.  You may have a real chance at financial freedom here if we can punish all projects who ask for this information. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: