Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:49:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Design feedback for www.bitroad.co.uk ---- Reward 10% discount voucher  (Read 2262 times)
Fallen666 (OP)

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 01:26:43 PM

Hi!

Color:
Go for a light theme. These work much better by the majority of people. Also, the payment provider logos will embed better in your site. This because they also were made for light themed sites.

The purpose and naming of your site.
This may be a bit of a shocker but bear with me.  Grin When I read the name bitroad I immediately made the connection bitcoin and silkroad. And I must say that I did expect to enter a new online drugstore. What I'm saying is that piggy bagging on existing names doesn't always work. These things can backfire. Remember, many people in BTC-land are glad that the link Silkroad/BTC is severed because it gave BTC a bad name.

So my question to you is: what kind of shop do you have or do you want to have. What should it communicate to the outside world? And did you position Bitcoin in the right place? With the last one I mean the following. You basically have a shop. It's great that you accept BTC and LTC. But does that mean that these should be in the name/theme of the shop?

I would suggest that you think of your own and unique identity. A mark so unique that it will be a a hallmark in the BTC/LTC community. How do you do that? Simple. By delivering top products, at top prices and with top service. The fact that you accept BTC/LTC will help tremendously as the BTC/LTC community welcome's every new addition to BTC.

As for information to your clients. I assume that you buy products in using fiat currency? Maybe you can play with the exchange rates between dollars (or euro's for that matter) and BTC/LTC. When you inform your clients of the current rate you show them that your prices follow the exchange rates closely and thus the products won't be overpriced when BTC is worth more then it did at the moment the product was bought in by you. Also in the event a coin would become worth less you could hold on to the original exchange rate and create a BTC-discount for a while. Nice for products that aren't selling that well and your clients will love that because this illustrates your commitment to BTC/LTC.

It does this more than a name and a logo with coins...

My 50 BTCcts

TFK

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions,

We are about to change the color scheme and it will be based on light colors (we are considering a double light/dark version).

Regarding the website name and logo the name Bitroad meaning is linked to our company goal to promote Bitcoin use in real world and symbol of movement in the right direction, we are running a campaign to increase Bitcoin adoption in real and virtual shops and our website will also be used as a portal to follow our developments.
Another reason for the name Bit-road is that others project will be promoted using the same design, for instance we are about to launch a blog that will be named Bit-blog and other project to come will follow the same idea.
As for the pricing we used to show fiat prices at the beginning of our beta but we had too many customers using it. We want to offer products mainly to Bitcoin users otherwise I would have simply added a Bitcoin payment option to my past project. Following our customers feedback we left the possibility to pay using Paypal but as an option at checkout which is basically the opposite of what most shops do by giving you the fiat amount and let you choose to convert and pay using Bitcoin.

Our prices are upgraded every 60 seconds to reflect BTC and LTC value.

Regarding the logo with the Litecoin and Bitcoin logo is about to be changed and wasn't meant to be a guideline for definitive design, I would like to have the BTC into the logo but only as a font not the entire coin. We are currently designing our new logo and it will be much more simple and neat.

We always try to offer the best possible price while keeping intact our customer service and quality standard policy, so far our customers are happy with our service, we always try to give the best possible experience and we are constantly looking forward to improve it.

We decided to launch our project in beta mode to let people be an active part of the website development and what we achieve every day is mostly thanks to people like you who give us precious feedback on our work.

There's still a long road ahead, thanks again for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:01:40 PM

You have a few more hours to give your feedback and then we will start the graphic upgrade!!!

Thanks to everybody who gave feedback, we will post winners of the 10% discount codes in this post as soon as new design is online.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 11:29:03 AM

Discount codes awarded!! Thanks to you all for the precious feedback!!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: