Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:37:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to understand hate for Ripple  (Read 177 times)
Crypto_lion (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:43:46 PM

Hello guys, I have seen a lot of hate and FUD about ripple in bitcointalk and reddit posts . These are the reasons that seem to be mentioned

• Ripple is not a decentralised currency as most of the coins are held by Ripple company
  • Some people seem to think that the team and CEO of ripple are not genuine
  • There also seems to be concerns that banks wont want to use cryptocurrency for cross currency payments because of volatility in crypto space

Can you guys help me to understand if these FUDS are fair or are people just trying to keep the price down for further accumulation?I am just trying to understand .

Disclaimer : I am invested a small amount in Ripple

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wanderloy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:49:25 PM

Hello guys, I have seen a lot of hate and FUD about ripple in bitcointalk and reddit posts . These are the reasons that seem to be mentioned

• Ripple is not a decentralised currency as most of the coins are held by Ripple company
  • There also seems to be concerns that banks wont want to use cryptocurrency for cross currency payments because of volatility in crypto space

Can you guys help me to understand if these FUDS are fair or are people just trying to keep the price down for further accumulation?I am just trying to understand .

Ripple is clearly isn't decentralized but the fact is only Bitcoin is decentralized until today.
Bitcoin creator don't want to reveal himself or their team that's what make Bitcoin's more trusted and people would like to pour in their money.
Ripple team if doesn't want to reveal their real identities - why we care? Actually most Altcoins aren't revealing their real identities to avoid sabotage and conflict of interests.
I trusted Ripple since last year and as I holder of a couple of thousands plus Ripple XRP, I am happy with the increase...
Especially this time that giant companies are announcing that they are partnering Ripple in order for their clients and customers could get more access into their platforms and services.

jereh988

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:54:46 PM

What has happened ?
it looks like the ripple is currently still at its value and maybe this time is the right time to buy it because now the riipple is down and good to hold it.
anonimogmr

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:03:54 PM

Read this good article, it will explain and clarify most of your doubts.

https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/the-truth-about-ripple/
Crypto_lion (OP)

Activity: 630

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:06:12 PM

Ripple is clearly isn't decentralized but the fact is only Bitcoin is decentralized until today.
Bitcoin creator don't want to reveal himself or their team that's what make Bitcoin's more trusted and people would like to pour in their money.
Ripple team if doesn't want to reveal their real identities - why we care? Actually most Altcoins aren't revealing their real identities to avoid sabotage and conflict of interests.
I trusted Ripple since last year and as I holder of a couple of thousands plus Ripple XRP, I am happy with the increase...
Especially this time that giant companies are announcing that they are partnering Ripple in order for their clients and customers could get more access into their platforms and services.
Exactly most of the market including bitcoin ,ethereum and other major currencies are susceptible to be manipulated by whales and they are now . That is why it is hard to understand the HATE . Maybe it is because the founder has a big chunk of holding .

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
chitocrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 03:11:39 PM

Probably because of being centralized coin and most of the coins being held by the founders.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Eddyc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:39:59 PM

Not exactly a hatred, we may consider a discouragement of investors and the crypto community, a currency that was virtually pumped by large investors a currency without many innovations and virtually centralized, but which has been adhered to high quantities in the marketcap. I believe that it motivates us to do our own research before judging and investing in that currency.
steadyrice

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:43:53 PM

Ripple seems to be a "hype" coin, riding the wave of partnership news with not a lot of substance behind it. Add to that the fact that Ripple has become famous for practically being the most centralized coin right now, you can understand why people are trying to be careful with Ripple.

Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:48:32 PM

Ripple is a centralized currency, which was created by FORMER BANKERS. Understand? Cryptocurrencies are our salvation from banking monopoly, and these guys just came into crypto space and try to do what we are fighting against.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:58:47 PM

What people dont want with XRP is its banking structure,because XRP was created by these bankers it has the structure of the banking system if you really researched its nature you will find why people hate this coin so much,and in fact it shouldnt categorized or called as a cryptocurrency because cryptocurrencies are created to remove the centralization of the banks which XRP is clearly opposing,XRP is backuped by the central banks which is why most of the people hate it much!

jarob44x

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:00:53 PM

I think it has to do with the lack of decentralization and the fact that its tagged the "bankers" coin.  A secondary issue is the amount of coins outstanding. 
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:13:16 PM

Ripple is good. It's just that people don't understand it well. There can be another thing though. People who couldn't buy ripple earlier are now hating it. By spreading hatred, maybe they hope price will go down.
Djabba

Activity: 528

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:35:01 PM

I have read a lot about the ripple structure and company behind it. Mostly alerting staff which is already mentioned in the topic. If all this is true then I think ripple should be excluded from the coin market capitalization. How can centralized currency meet the requirements of a decentralized environment?
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:02:38 PM

Ripple is good.

Which is the best part?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2962004.msg30414543#msg30414543

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:08:45 PM

[/b]

OP, you with your first point hit it on the head why nobody in who takes cryptocurrency seriously takes Ripple seriously. If you know and understand everything crypto is built on in terms of principles and foundation you would sincerely know that Ripple is a centralized shitcoin. I think you understand that at some level but on another level you don't get how pertinent and paramount those principles are. Once you realize that decentralization is everything in this space, you soon see that Ripple is crap (fwiw when I began out too, I thought Ripple would help us...that was until I learned more about this space and more about Ripple).

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
      Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
    FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
    bratbu

Activity: 182

View Profile
    February 17, 2018, 08:10:39 PM

Ripple is good. It's just that people don't understand it well. There can be another thing though. People who couldn't buy ripple earlier are now hating it. By spreading hatred, maybe they hope price will go down.
    LOL you clearly one of those who doesnt know what XRP is,you should be doing researching you are one of those people who thinks who knows something who really dont know anything,if you know the main structure of XRP you wont be saying your ridiculous statement.People hate ripple because of its banking structure that was adopted from the banking system because it was created by the bankers,centralized sherlock.

☁   Casper API   ☁
    Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
    TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
    stripykitteh
    Legendary

Activity: 1176
    Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
    February 17, 2018, 09:40:08 PM

LOL you clearly one of those who doesnt know what XRP is,you should be doing researching you are one of those people who thinks who knows something who really dont know anything,if you know the main structure of XRP you wont be saying your ridiculous statement.People hate ripple because of its banking structure that was adopted from the banking system because it was created by the bankers,centralized sherlock.
    Bankers may try to adopt a coin that they secretly built and they will try to make it very known in the news. Could happen someday.

. ██████████.
                                  .████████████████.
                               .██████████████████████.
                            -█████████████████████████████
                         .██████████████████████████████████.
                      -█████████████████████████████████████████
                   -███████████████████████████████████████████████
               .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
            .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
           .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
           ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
           .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
           .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
           .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
            .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
               .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                  .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                       ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████████████
                              ██████████████████████████
                                 ████████████████████
                                   ████████████████
                                       █████████
    .CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
    BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
    Merit: 13

View Profile
    February 17, 2018, 09:55:03 PM

Why is this point relevant? Since you are listing reasons for hatred for Ripple. In this case it is good from haters point of view.
      In any case Ripple wont be used by banking  sector, the technology is and will be used so the price does not matter.

I believe that there is too much fire to this Ripple hate, since in my view it is not so bad, it has seriously cheap transactions and most likely large part of haters are using it to move assets between exchanges since it is the cheapest way and fastest as well.
      setifien19

Activity: 472
      Merit: 101

View Profile
      February 17, 2018, 10:44:02 PM

Being centralised , Ripple can't go forward because at any given time its founders can lower the price ( of course after they collect as much as possible) & anyone who is investing in should know that 70℅ from the coin supply is owned by those creators who have absolute control of the price .
      paulus51

Activity: 616
      Merit: 321

View Profile
      February 17, 2018, 10:46:50 PM

In addition to the actual assignment of Ripple, it has already become a classic crypto currency, so it can be used as a gold chip. so you do not have to worry
      Pages: [1] 2 »  All
        Print  

Jump to: