Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's strength is that nobody can crack it yet  (Read 1824 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:20:37 PM

Bitcoin will not be banned, any country doing so would be essentially banning freedom of choice, I doubt that would sit well with the general public.

authoritarian governments don't particularly care unless they think there will be a popular uprising, which is why some of them are still banning it. the truth is that most of these governments (algeria, morocco, bolivia, kyrgyzstan, and so on) aren't in a position to effectively enforce a ban anyway. the bans are just a deterrent.

still, legislators in major countries can make things a real hassle for us. SB1241 (a bill that keeps getting revived in the US) threatens to define most custodial bitcoin businesses, payment processors and mixers as financial institutions. that will introduce huge compliance and licensing overheads, which will discourage a lot of companies from doing business with americans. the bill would also make it illegal to misrepresent your identity to financial institutions, apparently deterring us from avoiding taxes by using offshore exchanges via VPN.

major global powers keep saying that regulations are coming......i'm not looking forward to it. Undecided

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:57:50 PM

Now it is only short part of bitcoin story told. LN and RSK will bring it on new level.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:41:27 AM

I agree with the guy who started this topic. Bitcoin is really have no true competitors and real enemies. It is part of our life today and we must think about how to use blockchain and bitcoin for the purposes to improve more lives!
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:41:44 PM

And it will remain so for a long time.
No government, no parties can effectively ban it and put their hand on it. They would have to ban internet first. Not likely.
That would be the end of free world we know.

Banning internet is useless. Bitcoin in itself is the new Internet. The ignoramus will never know that.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:45:01 PM

bitcoin's strength is in a lot of things. security (in other words: "nobody can crack it") is just one of them.
the thing about banning it or not, is related to its decentralization and it is called being "permission-less" which in simple terms means nobody can tell you how to use bitcoin or where or when. you can do whatever you like with it.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
rybakov

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:37:14 PM

No government, no parties can effectively ban it and put their hand on it. They would have to ban internet first. Not likely.
It is not true that governments cannot ban it. It is just that any sensible government knows that is has so many advantages for the investors and will thus not do that.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:35:55 PM

The factors you are implying is not going to happen,so do not worry about that,but are you telling that you are living in a free world,i really differ that,you and your activities are linked for ever,do you really doubt that,you internet provider or your smart phone will give your entire details if any government wants to snoop into your activities ,so the good old free world is gone,a long time back. Tongue
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:37:42 PM

Yes, I agree with you. The main strength of bitcoin is that it can not be hacked..... was. The threat of quantum computers is now for bitcoin.
topleskacah

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:43:18 PM

It is up to people’s reaction to cryptocurrencies. If people keep using bitcoin and altcoins, they will be stronger. Governments have to accept them then.
right, and I think the government is not have need of banning bitcoin.
they should apply a rule to bitcoin, such as tax withdrawal from bitcoin and it will help the state income.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:08:12 PM

yes, I agree with you that no one can ban bitcoin or eliminate bitcoin in the country. so far no one can kill bitcoin permanently, until now bitcoin still exists and there are still many people who use bitcoin around the world. so far bitcoin can help people who are distressed or poor people who can not afford to buy their life needs, I think this is one of the reasons the government does not want to remove bitcoin permanently because they pity to see the people who can not afford.

Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:24:46 AM

Yes bitcoin is so strength and nobody can crack it coz the bitcoin have a strong security base on my research and the bitcoin can upgraded that program. its a good news for the bitcoin but im not sure if bitcoin can hack someone coz our peoples nowadays are learning alot of information so theres posibility that the bitcoin has been hack but i think those people who made stronger security can make a double security...  Roll Eyes
xhoondilan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:31:05 AM

I guess thats the best asset on bitcoin, no one yet are able to crack it or make duplicate on it, well for me its a good thing that no one is cracking bitcoin because if that thing happen then it will be the end of bitcoin, because keeping bitcoin in that era will just be a waste of time if someone can make alot of it by just hacking it or duplicating its amount.
Uncertaintea

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:24:58 PM

Yes and also the fact that people believe in it and invest in it so much. Bitcoin is a good investment which the only way you lose your coins is if you do not properly secure it. I know it's the best thing I've ever put my money on
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:33:49 PM

Yes, it's all because of the blockchain technology, which is embedded in it. It's just impossible to hack it at this time, that's why it's popular in the world.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:37:54 PM

the weakest link in the whole cryptocurrency space is the normal user, your wallet and private key are not safe so if a whale get's hacked the whole market can be messed up.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
ejswift

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:38:04 PM

yeah thats right its too hard to crack or destroy bitcoin unless other countries ban bitcoin in their places so its so other people who lives in banned country cant use bitcoin anymore

Chaser35

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:12:14 AM

Bitcoini bans are a very difficult situation, but they are easier to legislate by countries, but a few countries seem to prefer to ban Bitcoini as a game of cheating, but that is not the case, I think these countries will understand them for a short time.
weertgilders

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:40:25 AM

Yes you're right and there's no way to crack it. Even if bans are placed, it's not like you can ban the internet and prevent everyone from using it. Government are chasing their tails with this.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:52:59 PM

Bitcoin is strong as a technology but it has grown so big that at this point, Bitcoin is the only thing that could destroy itself. We don't have quantum computers at this point but whenever it will be there in the market, I am sure, we will be using it to enhance the network security and efficiency. There is no way to crack / brute force Bitcoin network to pull private keys.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:41:19 AM

Bitcoin has already formed as a huge force in the crypto world of finance. Overcome such power is almost impossible. Even newer and more advanced technology can not do it. Ethereum is a clear example of this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: