Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are faucets worth it?  (Read 3615 times)
sasuke234

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:52:52 AM

Probably not worth it.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:06:06 AM

faucets are a total waste of time.
oyeTorry

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:57:07 PM

I was just wondering if faucets are actually worth the time and effort of typing in all those CAPTCHAS...

So what is your opinion on faucets?

I tried these half year ago when they gave decent amounts. Now only uBTC, not worth

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 01:35:37 PM

The payouts fell dramatically earlier this year as $/BTC exchange soared. I remember very well when Daily Bitcoins's base payout (without lucky prize) was 5000 satoshi. Since March-ish it has been reduced to 1000 satoshi. The continuation of this trend is a sign of the growing success of Bitcoin!

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
krishatnet

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

My answer is no

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:57:53 PM

The payouts fell dramatically earlier this year as $/BTC exchange soared. I remember very well when Daily Bitcoins's base payout (without lucky prize) was 5000 satoshi. Since March-ish it has been reduced to 1000 satoshi. The continuation of this trend is a sign of the growing success of Bitcoin!

So true, and If you had time and compete for the bigger prices  at dailybitcoin and coinad you could make 0,01 BTC daily easily  Smiley
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 05:28:13 PM

So true, and If you had time and compete for the bigger prices  at dailybitcoin and coinad you could make 0,01 BTC daily easily  Smiley

To be fair, I envied those with the perseverance, luck, talent or combination of all three to be able to winkle out BTC0,01/day on faucets, but I managed a millibitcoin or two on my luckier days. Smiley

Faucets are not a waste of time for those just getting into Bitcoin and fishing for free shrapnel. Shame about the transaction fees making this dust difficult to move about, but you've got to pay to play - TANSTAAFL and all.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:42:35 PM

Yes if you got nothing else to do anyway.

No if you got other things to do, then not worth your time in typing in all the CAPTCHAS.

If you are a good programmer, I would download the CAPTCHAS code in some website I saw, and write a script for doing this for you automatically.

masyveonk

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:43:57 PM

Solving the captchas take too much time and so little rewards, so not worth and not funny  Smiley

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:39:56 PM

The way I see it, faucet payouts follow price. It may in fact be worth it, especially with the inputs.io faucets that pay out 10k+ satoshis at a time, in preparation for the next bubble. When BTC is worth $1k, $1 per drip is nothing to sneeze at.  Smiley
AntiOps

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:43:19 PM

No if you got other things to do, then not worth your time in typing in all the CAPTCHAS.

If you are a good programmer, I would download the CAPTCHAS code in some website I saw, and write a script for doing this for you automatically.

I don't think there are sufficient ways to parse CAPTCHAs with bots, not even with decent OCR systems such as Tesseract. The main reason is that they were developed to stop automated bots in the first place Grin

On topic: I don't think faucets are worth spending your time on.
jerelimZ

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:13:01 PM

I don't think there are sufficient ways to parse CAPTCHAs with bots, not even with decent OCR systems such as Tesseract. The main reason is that they were developed to stop automated bots in the first place Grin

I believe developing captcha bot for profit is even bigger waste of time. The task is very complicated and the reward so small...

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

AntiOps

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:53:39 PM

I believe developing captcha bot for profit is even bigger waste of time. The task is very complicated and the reward so small...

I completely agree to this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: