Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:41:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are bounty hunters guilty?  (Read 24848 times)
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:48:03 AM

maybe because bounty hunters dump their coins after receiving their stakes. But its always been the reason why bounty hunters join the campaign in the first place. There's also an advantage on selling coins in the market so there are supply and circulation. just not big dumps. I think its more on the duty of the developers to create campaigns to let hunters hodl more to their rewards.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:00:49 AM

Why are bounty hunters guilty?
Why do they say that bounty hunters have lowered the rate, and investors can not even return the money they invested? I think that if the project is honest, this situation is unacceptable, since hunters get a percentage from ICO, and the project team must redeem their token or coin!

please explain in more detail what you mean, you do not give any source to the assumption you are saying. so I can not judge or respond to what's going on, say your version
Wildskull

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:20:12 AM

Not all hunters perform the work correctly, many don't care at all for what they advertize. The main thing to get the profit. But at all this without hunters there would be no successful companies therefore they the integral component of ICO.
richaerich

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:22:56 AM

Bounty hunters are not guilty.
They did a great job as bounty hunter to promote the ICO.
the only problem is, there are so many ICO that already reached the hardcap and decided to run away.
Even the project became a failure, it's not bounty hunter's fault too.
buhna

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:56:03 AM

True! ICO's team can change rules, don't approve your account and cut the pool. Fortunately bounty hunters don't invest their money. So they just lose their time but not real money.

MartoValenti

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:20:34 AM

I can not agree that bounty hunters are guilty for investment profit. I'm a bounty hunter (you could see it in my signature; D). But that does not mean that when I get "x" amount of tokens I will go and dump the price as soon as it goes to the market. In fact, those who dump the price are the investors who invest in a given ICO at pre-sale stage and get a 20-30-40% bonus. These are the people that make the other investors to suffer lost. But those are the rules of the ICO. If you do not like this rule ... just do not invest in it, but to blame the bounty hunters it is not fair.
Also, the real idea of ​​the bounty hunters is to populaze ICOs, so you can go and check this ICO's website, whitepaper, idea, team, etc. like I'm doing for dropil for example, and to make a decision by your own if you want to invest in this ICO or not.
I do not see why you should blame me for your investment. The decision to invest in a ICO was yours, the decision when to sell is yours, I just showed you a ICO that I think has a good potential. The decisions after that are all yours.
Regar

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:32:24 AM

Bounty hunters are just a promoter who doing their tasks promoting a ICO Project so the ICO can be known to the investor so they interested to investing, there is many ways to promoting an ICO, so if bounty hunters is seen guilty for the volatile price on the market this is not an fair allegations. as long as the project manager need bounty hunters help and the quota still open and the project looks promising i guess nothing wrong in here.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:36:49 AM

It is bullshit. bounty hunters mostlly have approximetely 1% of total share. If the price can be dumped very shaarply with only bounty share then the problem is not bounty hunters. It means that investors do not believe in the project. because it is always a good chance to put buy walls during bounty distribution time if you believe in project enough.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:43:57 AM

Who said bounty hunters are guilty? Bounty hunters are not lowering any rate at all, if anything, they are generating additional exposure for the ICO so that ICOs are likelier to succeed. Besides, if giving out bounties were not profitable, ICOs wouldn't be offering them in the first place.
yups,bounty hunters are the responsible upon ico's success because they take a full responsibilities on the advertisements and popularization of every project,so they deserve much income than investors .if hunters is not there every ico project will come to nothing because of un popularity
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 08:46:27 AM

Bounty hunters are the least of a ICOs problems. There have been some tests done, With and without signature campaign, and the ICO that had 2% of its total earned about 40% more than the ICO that did not have signatre campaign. Sure bounty hunters always tank the price when the bounty is released, but it always go up if the project isnt shit from the start.
lalabotax

Activity: 1512
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:52:46 AM

Why do they say that bounty hunters have lowered the rate, and investors can not even return the money they invested? I think that if the project is honest, this situation is unacceptable, since hunters get a percentage from ICO, and the project team must redeem their token or coin!

who said it? I just heard from you. no, like that we are all mutually beneficial and profitable. I personally followed the campaign and invested in some of the ico I have learned.

spawnycrypto

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 08:56:04 AM

Thanks to bounty hunters, lots of people know about new projects. They contribute to discovering them.
y3v63n

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:10:18 AM

The only thing some bounty hunters are guilty is making shitty posts and publishing low-quality content. But I think this will change eventually when ICOs realize that low-quality stuff doesn't do any good for their projetcs.
Ido_Liberdy

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:14:45 AM

Bounties are a good way to create awareness to ICO projects. also you deliver tokens that could be traded in a later stage so that  way help the coin to be traded.

Nerkata

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:16:19 AM

The only thing some bounty hunters are guilty is making shitty posts and publishing low-quality content. But I think this will change eventually when ICOs realize that low-quality stuff doesn't do any good for their projetcs.

It is already starting. Look at XiWATT. They basically removed their Reddit Bounty due to people simply posting links and upvoting them with hundreds of fake accounts. That's actually hurting the campaign instead of helping it. And I see this kind of behaviour in nearly every Reddit and Twitter bounty. Or airdrops.

●COTI (http://coti.io)●CURRENCY OF THE INTERNET (http://coti.io)●
mukidi99

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:24:54 AM

why guilty? whereas with the existence of bounty hunters help ICO promotion in his project increasingly help the success rate of ICO in my opinion.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 09:26:00 AM

Bounties usually represent 2% from the total number of coins.
And from those 2% , it's an even lower percent of bounty hunters who choose to sell their coins.
So no, bounty hunters don't have the power to influence the price of the coin long-term.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

Although if a large number of people sell a coin simultaneously then definitely there can be a big dip, but we cannot say that bounty hunters are the reason, anyone can cause this, some big investor who needs money or want to cashout can dump the price and similarly the team that holds big chunk of coins can also dump it, so blaming bounty hunters is not right as vast majority of them holds for a better price just like investors and supporters of the project.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:36:47 AM
Merited by rose9696 (3)

I do not think the bounty hunter is guilty. Bounty hunters are highly acclaimed and they help make ICO projects more popular. ICO projects will be invested and their currencies will become more valuable.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
AgustaMod

Activity: 18
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:54:42 AM
Merited by BobBct (2)

LOL,its not the fault of these bounty hunters,its with investors because if they really trust the project they will wait until the value of the coin has reached decent amount,why would they invest and then dump it as soon as they get the tokens?for me bounty hunting needs a lot of waiting because it will take time for these developers to finish their job.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: