Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:04:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here that experience a long bear market besides this one?  (Read 659 times)
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:16:15 PM

2013 to 2016 is 3 years bear market i can say this is the longest bear market in the history now the present market condition is near to one year bear market

Let's not confuse the bear trend with a consolidation phase or accumulation period.
I won't talk about the s***show we're experiencing right now, going from an overvalued BTC to an undervalued one, but in the 2013-2016 period this is what the chart shows...

Nov. 2013 - Jan. 2015 (about 14 months) the price fell quickly

Until Dec. 2016 there was a consolidation, though the exact dates can't be pinpointed.
Sure the price was steadily increasing but it was slowly going up while people were moving some money every month or so into BTC.
But we wouldn't call this a bull-run if we compare it to other runs.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:42:39 PM

2014 to 2015 is the longest bearish trend that the bitcoin prices have faced until now and the current is not much longer than the old one but in terms of price its just same as the longest bearish trend but in short time period which means the cycle gets thinner and thinner so the prices may boom up on the next phase but no one can say when it will end exactly.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:53:57 PM

I won't talk about the s***show we're experiencing right now, going from an overvalued BTC to an undervalued one, but in the 2013-2016 period this is what the chart shows...
I don't see how Bitcoin or crypto in general can ever be undervalued. Most of the demand comes from people speculating about the price to increase, and when they exit the market, the demand exits as well.

In other words, Bitcoin goes down and will be valued to a point where there is enough demand to keep its price above certain levels. People have to accept the cycles we're going through.

People buying in right now hoping for a quick recovery to the $20,000 mark are delusional. Bitcoin currently looks cheap based on its 2017 high, but you can discard that high because of the hype madness we don't have right now....

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 05:47:33 PM

Anyone here that experience a long bear market besides this one? Did you know when the bear market ended?

I wonder when will be the end to our bear market. I see so many negative news here lately

Yes I did. This kind of behavior has happened many times since 2013 where Bitcoin went from $1k all the way down to $200 - $300. Sure, I didn't pay attention to Bitcoin by then, because I've thought that it will go down to zero. Yet, in 2015 I've decided to go full into Bitcoin for long term investment. Comparing 2015's prices to today's prices, Bitcoin is still a lot more valuable than it ever was before. In terms of how long will a bear market last, it's impossible to predict. But, paying close attention to crypto news everyday, will give you an idea when the bear market will end.

Previous bear markets, have lasted for a long time, so it's important to have patience when trading Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.  Wink

herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:42:04 AM

Anyone here that experience a long bear market besides this one? Did you know when the bear market ended?

I wonder when will be the end to our bear market. I see so many negative news here lately

No one can give you the right answer, we have difficult choice about this condition. Sell all and leave the market, second choice is keep stay and become bankrupt if fails. I think you should analyze by your self and accept the result. Don't think again just execute your decisions.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
lenovop-70

Activity: 1190
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:10:18 AM

I was surprised at the first time I got into crypto currency, I didn't believe seeing the value or price of bitcoin and altcoins. All are in high value, therefore I was interested to join this crypto currency, I did daily trading even though in small amount. However, After entering, the price movements were stagnant or very slow, then this year make me shocked because I feel like in proper time of entering crypto currency.

However, I try to believe in it because most of bitcoin history in any source show that bear market commonly happen or it is like the characteristic of crypto currency.

For information, this year is a bad year for crypto, but I'm sure this won't last forever, sooner or later the market will crawl up. keep your faith my friend.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:51:37 AM

Dump just because people need currency fast or no trust again. Bad news is just prediction, in this method only whales playing not us. We don't know when the right time end this red market but I think you should see again your strategy, if you are not sure will survive cut loss is the realistic option. Right now not you get stress but some people already fail in big number, trust me.

RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:32:29 AM

I don't see how Bitcoin or crypto in general can ever be undervalued. Most of the demand comes from people speculating about the price to increase, and when they exit the market, the demand exits as well.

In other words, Bitcoin goes down and will be valued to a point where there is enough demand to keep its price above certain levels. People have to accept the cycles we're going through.

People buying in right now hoping for a quick recovery to the $20,000 mark are delusional. Bitcoin currently looks cheap based on its 2017 high, but you can discard that high because of the hype madness we don't have right now....

I value cryptocurrencies in a different way,
The value of all of the world's coins and banknotes are roughly 8 trillions. People use these papers to buy goods, to save them in banks (and hope they'll be able to withdraw them without capital controls), to move inside a wallet which can be stolen, to send them overseas with high fees and with least a day's wait (if it's not a weekend or a holiday). People give these papers money allowing those with the printing machines to decide everyone's wealth and buying power.
If such a paper has a market cap of 8,000,000,000,000$, then how much should BTC have? On it's early stages, I'd say 1%, which is 80 billions. We've gone through this as expected but we reached 300 billions in a very short time, that was too soon too fast, but falling down to 60 billions instead of moving up to 2% of USD's market cap is "undervalued" in my eyes.

Then similar things can be said for different coins... for example compare the volume of XRP with the volume of WesternUnion and MoneyGram (I haven't done that though).
Or compare the amount of money that is spent in mobile games' microtransactiosn to the ETH transferred within DAPP games (I haven't done that either!).

I like to keep everything in perspective and compare things which are as similar as possible, that way I believe I can find where the price stands.
I also have made a thread about that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5076475.msg48265856
If you believe that in a 100 years BTC can be as big as USD (which is at most 1/5 of the world's money), then BTC should increase by 80 billions every year on average.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:44:50 AM

I value cryptocurrencies in a different way,
The value of all of the world's coins and banknotes are roughly 8 trillions. People use these papers to buy goods, to save them in banks (and hope they'll be able to withdraw them without capital controls), to move inside a wallet which can be stolen, to send them overseas with high fees and with least a day's wait (if it's not a weekend or a holiday). People give these papers money allowing those with the printing machines to decide everyone's wealth and buying power.
If such a paper has a market cap of 8,000,000,000,000$, then how much should BTC have? On it's early stages, I'd say 1%, which is 80 billions. We've gone through this as expected but we reached 300 billions in a very short time, that was too soon too fast, but falling down to 60 billions instead of moving up to 2% of USD's market cap is "undervalued" in my eyes.

If you believe that in a 100 years BTC can be as big as USD (which is at most 1/5 of the world's money), then BTC should increase by 80 billions every year on average.

In some abstract sense, I agree with you. The problem is, this kind of valuation really boils down to a wild guess. What we think Bitcoin should be worth vs. what the market says it's worth are two very different things. There's a lot that can happen between now and the hypothetical point when Bitcoin reaches mass adoption that might throw it off course. I definitely don't think mass adoption or reserve currency status or anything like that is guaranteed.

heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:12:40 AM

I started joining Crypto in 2017, which is when the price of bitcoin and other coins experienced very high prices. so I just experienced a decline like this, but I don't think this is the first time this has happened, we also know that when bitcoin appears and is famous the price is cheaper than now.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3523

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:29:02 PM

been around since 2001. seen a few longish bear markets.

my suggestion.. just sit back, dont check the price everyday. maybe every few weeks. and enjoy the ride.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:33:49 PM

I started joining Crypto in 2017, which is when the price of bitcoin and other coins experienced very high prices. so I just experienced a decline like this, but I don't think this is the first time this has happened, we also know that when bitcoin appears and is famous the price is cheaper than now.
This is my first time also with the bearish long season, I'm not getting on focus with price everyday cause its always be the same. I'm enlighten when btc price pump into $4k back but it turns again into $3.5k and it's still not moving again.  We're not be sure when it soar again but I believe it will be having an inclining trend this year.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:03:01 AM

I think this is the only bear market that most of us are affected.
In the past even there are some bears, it's not that big in terms of effect since we have not past over $100 billion marketcap that time.
Now is different, we are supposed to be going into a trillion dollar cap but we've been sinking in the past months.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:11:58 AM
Merited by stadus (1)

In the past even there are some bears, it's not that big in terms of effect since we have not past over $100 billion marketcap that time.
Now is different, we are supposed to be going into a trillion dollar cap but we've been sinking in the past months.

After a bubble pop like we saw in 2017, the only direction to expect was downwards. Only new investors who hadn't experienced these market cycles before thought otherwise.

The market cap isn't "supposed to be" any number. The correct price is what the market currently says it is. If you want to be a good trader or investor, you can't project your expectations on the market. If you're wrong, you need to cut your losses (quickly!) and move on.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: