Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:36:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The opinion about some ICO  (Read 414 times)
johstacy (OP)

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:30:50 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 09:48:19 PM by johstacy

Today more & more appear ICOs, that lock tokens for a long time. So, you pay money, get or not get tokens, which will go into circulation in 6 or 9 months. What do you think about it? I'm not talking about bounty or airdrops. I'm talking about the purchased token for real money.
Yes, the project may be good, but wait 9 months. Do you think it really worth waiting so long time?

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:36:34 PM
Merited by BitcoinTurk (2)

Yes I saw the equivalent at the Friendz ICO, but that is for the first hour only and if you buy with the maximum bonus. Therefore you get every month 1/12 unlocked. Otherwise is it possible to buy tokens without a locked period.

Are there ICOs with a lock time for 100% of the tokens for a long period? Personally I should not choose for ICOs who lock the tokens for a long period.

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:40:48 PM

In a fast moving market like crypto it can pay to check if this is the case. Some crypto's might go X in usd value on exchange launch but the BTC or ETH price stays the same or is lower than the ICO.

balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:58:26 PM

Yes , I noticed this trend too . Definitely I don't like it , of course it makes issuer position more comfortable and stable , but as investor I don't like it . Why should I freeze my money for at least the year , without any guarantees of my future profit , while it is possible to invest money in standart organized ICO and earn up to x10 till the end of this year ! so why should we just freeze our money ? I wish I could find the answer Huh
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:04:17 PM

It depends on the ICO Project some are worth it, if you think that the said project will have an impact in the future and the project consist of trusted and reputable personnel i think it will be worth it because there's alot of money in the ICO when you buy it at pre-sale and it pumped when the token generation occurs. Just choose wisely on where you will invest.
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

Most of these offer benefits to long term holders and it's a good strategy to avoid ICO flipping as such. That way they're more likely to attract people with real interest in the project.

13ex07

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:28:20 PM

It makes sense if tokens for team are frozen. Freezing of a token for buyers can be accepted if there is a refund.  Otherwise it is similar to deception. It is necessary to understand each separate case.

|▌    DAOX    《   Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs   》    DAOX    ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       The product is LIVE       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
WEB-SITE    BUY DXC NOW    BOUNTY & AIRDROPS    ANN THREAD   
LamboInMoon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:32:37 PM

It's weird to buy token and be freezing for 9 months unless you had bought on presales. Anyway, 9 months is the average period of a project to be valued more than 1B$ if it's an ico and a good one (infrastructure mainly)
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:52:07 PM

Today more & more appear ICOs, that lock tokens for a long time. So, you pay money, get or not get tokens, which will go into circulation in 6 or 9 months. What do you think about it? I'm not talking about bounty or airdrops. I'm talking about the purchased token for real money.
Yes, the project may be good, but wait 9 months. Do you think it really worth waiting so long time?
That's good if they want to tell at the first time before everyone invested in it.
It all depends on the project (concept, team, their progress, etc) you know, not every ICO will success.
If its really good , why not?
But it also depends on yourself, if you dont like to hold long term, dont invest in there, it will bring so much stress to you (i know what it feels like).
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:04:15 PM

I think thats too long to wait, if i become you, just try for ICO that have passed Pre ICO, even the price is a bit expensive, and if the last ICO price still higher and worth to sell at that price, then used it.

Good or Bad isn't depends on how long the previous work but it count by their way to promote and did they make a partner with some good company ?
Cassandraa9

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:50:48 AM

Hi guys
i suggest you to participate in Marinecoin ICO here https://marineco.in
is 100% free
450.000 MTC Free ICO
You can join the ICO here https://marineco.in/ico and get 450.000 MTC for FREE
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:57:47 AM

Some of them are really worth to wait, when you buy ICO you are expecting a long term investment, you won't get much in short term and most of the time the price will drop in short term, if you found a great ICO then go buy it, when ICO pre sale usually the price is cheap and you got extra bonus, so you can multiply your profit in the future

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Koios AI

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 01:20:32 AM

It's a way for the startups to ensure that early investment into the project doesn't result in a significant dump of currency until it's an established coin. Just a safety mechanism ... Quite often used in venture capitalism outside of the crypto world.
tedes

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:37:01 AM

in my opinion a fast-moving market like crypto, it can also pay to check if this is the case. Some cryptoes may use exchange rates at the exchange launch but BTC or ETH prices remain the same or lower than ICO.
Xfactor06

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:07:57 AM

I've heard of this. Well my take is, if it's worth it to hold it for that long then why not. It should double your profits in the future.
Chiyoko

Activity: 305

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:11:28 AM

Its depend to the ico project, it is better to make research to avoid bad ico .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:14:49 AM

It depends to the project that they invest, if you are good invest more profit you may reseve, and better to choose ico to make worth it.

Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:40:41 AM

ICOs have the potential to make us rich. The problem really is the question "can they really make us wealthy in the future?" A few of these ICOs are just fly by nights. So I'm always looking for the people behind them who have good reputation.

alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:52:07 AM

Yes its worth it waiting for a long time since you made a lot of effort earning money.
Its not worth it if you dont earn anything while putting a lot of time and effort with it.
There are so much promising icos out there. Always be patient.
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:36:33 AM

Many ICO projects are a long-term investment.
So if it's a good ICO project, it's worth it to have a long-term hold, because a token like IPFS, even if it's held for three years, the rate of return is amazing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: