Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Choose a Token Wallet?  (Read 157 times)
DavidBooker (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:10:29 AM

Are you ready to buy some ERC20 tokens? Before you do it, you need to decide where you will store them. Navigating through numerous wallets can be challenging and therefore, based on our experience at assetrush.com, we have decided to give you a brief overview of the most common ones.

First of all, you should answer some questions about your future wallet:

· Will you use it to make everyday transactions or to buy crypto for investment?
· Do you need your wallet to be at hand regardless of where you are?
· Should it have certain specific features such as complete privacy and security, great interface, etc.?
· Do you plan to store lots of different tokens and coins?
· Do you want an easy visual way to keep up with the rates of tokens you have and other altcoins?

Having answered these questions, you’re ready to consider the pros and cons of the wallets we have examined.

imToken Wallet
Pretty nice wallet with a good interface designed by a Chinese team. It will keep your ETH and ERC20 tokens safe.

Pros

· Runs on Android and iOS
· Accessible interface
· ETH and tokens rates

Cons

· No other coins supported
· No in-wallet exchange
· Tokens supported are not so popular (according to the coinmarketcap.com rates)

Trust Wallet
This wallet has lots of useful options and can become a real friend in the crypto world. It’s a proper platform for storing your ETH and tokens, however note that its interface is aimed at more advanced users.

Pros

· Available for Android and iOS
· ETH and tokens supported
· Collectibles supported

Cons

· No in-wallet exchange
· No rate graph
· Interface for more advanced users

Jaxx
It is a well-known wallet that allows you to store several kinds of coins and tokens. Some newbies seem to find its interface inconvenient, however Jaxx’s useful options help make up for its drawbacks.

Pros

· Runs on a lot of platforms
· Many coins and tokens inside
· In-wallet exchange
· Secure

Cons

· Inconvenient interface
· No price graph

Lumi Wallet
The creators of this wallet care about their users: it’s convenient and the interface is highly intuitive. Another bonus is that it has daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly price graphs. In addition, each token in Lumi has a separate wallet.

Pros

· iOS and web interface supported
· In-wallet exchange
· Lots of coins and tokens can be added
· Intuitive interface
· Absolute security
· Informative price graph

Cons

· Android version doesn’t support tokens or ETH

BreadWallet
A wallet with bright design where you can store your tokens and ETH and have an opportunity to buy or exchange them right within the wallet.

Pros

· In-wallet exchange (also can buy crypto for fiat)

Cons

· No price graph

Final Thoughts
When choosing a wallet, be sure to think about the aforementioned questions, as they will allow you to clearly understand what you’re looking for and thus, narrow down your choice. Carefully examine the pros and cons of every wallet you’re considering and don’t forget that any article about wallets has a healthy dose of subjectivity, so the final decision should ultimately be yours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Name: Claudio

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:53:31 PM

Since I'm new to crypto world and don't know yet about all the corners of what kind of wallet I need to use or how to check their security, myetherwallet.com is the best to start with when you still learning about wallet and you needed one.
safariwave

Activity: 391
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:10:54 PM

I would also recommend you to look at https://eidoo.io/ and https://www.noku.io/ as they are the most promising web and smartphone wallets, in mine opinion.
profdetected

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:54:44 PM

I don't like imToken wallet because of the fact that the android application requires too many permissions. After that I use only desktop wallets like Jaxx.
tendy263

Activity: 347
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:19:42 PM

I do not see myetherwallet or exodus from your list  Huh Huh Huh
dessertinvest

Activity: 215
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:23:04 PM

Look at the reviews on Youtube and choose the most suitable for you)

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Retolin

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:31:47 PM

я иcпoльзyю кoшeльки, тaкиe кaк Jaxx.нo вы oбязaтeльнo пoдyмaйтe  peшeниe дoлжнo быть вaшим.cтaтья o кoшeлькax имeeт здopoвyю  cyбъeктивнocть!
DavidBooker (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:15:04 AM

Thank you for your comments! We didn't write about MyEtherWallet on purpose. It's so popular and widely used right now that we decided to examine some alternative wallets.
Bento98

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:43:13 AM

frankly talking about my own wallet also do not really understand what is the best. because at that time I was in love by a friend, Myetherwallet.com name because myetherwallet is very suitable for beginners and I finally use it.
success007

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:44:27 PM

I like MyEtherWallet the best. It is a free, open-source, client-side interface.
That allows you to interact directly with the blockchain while remaining in full control of your keys & your funds.
You are simply using  interface to interact directly with the blockchain.
If you send your public key (address) to someone, they can send you ETH or tokens. 👍
If you send your private key to someone, they now have full control of your account. 👎
You and only you are responsible for your security.
You cannot recover your funds or freeze your account if you visit a phishing site or lose your private key. So be sure to keep your private key safe.

GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:51:12 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 03:33:50 AM by GoldenLad

Nice and interesting points you made OP. Most people just rush in and choose wallet just because they heard they are good with trying it out to know if they are or will be good for them or the kind of trading they intend to do. On choosing a token wallet, one should really bear about security in mind because if any security default or mistakes are made,  one can easily loss their coins.
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:01:33 PM

thanks for the post! good points u have there. and useful info for fellow members to know too Smiley *thumbs up* but for all effects and purposes i still use metamask + mew though
DahonPao

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:52:38 PM

Recently I use only Ledger wallet.After the case with the withdrawal of theft with MEW.It was my personal mistake,but I decided to protect myself in this way.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
nmthu2209

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:17:16 PM

I like the imtoken wallet because it is compatible with the erc20 token for the ico purchase
xsantana

Activity: 680
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:06:32 AM

for the time being I still use my wallet https://myetherwallet.com
because for me it's very safe to store tokens.
still hesitate to use a wallet app like imtoken.
although he said it was very safe.
Suckhoelaodong

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:19:29 AM

Are you ready to buy some ERC20 tokens? Before you do it, you need to decide where you will store them. Navigating through numerous wallets can be challenging and therefore, based on our experience at assetrush.com, we have decided to give you a brief overview of the most common ones.

First of all, you should answer some questions about your future wallet:

· Will you use it to make everyday transactions or to buy crypto for investment?
· Do you need your wallet to be at hand regardless of where you are?
· Should it have certain specific features such as complete privacy and security, great interface, etc.?
· Do you plan to store lots of different tokens and coins?
· Do you want an easy visual way to keep up with the rates of tokens you have and other altcoins?

Having answered these questions, you’re ready to consider the pros and cons of the wallets we have examined.

imToken Wallet
Pretty nice wallet with a good interface designed by a Chinese team. It will keep your ETH and ERC20 tokens safe.

Pros

· Accessible interface
· ETH and tokens rates

Cons

· No other coins supported
· No in-wallet exchange
· Tokens supported are not so popular (according to the coinmarketcap.com rates)

Trust Wallet
This wallet has lots of useful options and can become a real friend in the crypto world. It’s a proper platform for storing your ETH and tokens, however note that its interface is aimed at more advanced users.

Pros

· Available for Android and iOS
· Collectibles supported

Cons

· No in-wallet exchange
· No rate graph
· Interface for more advanced users

Jaxx
It is a well-known wallet that allows you to store several kinds of coins and tokens. Some newbies seem to find its interface inconvenient, however Jaxx’s useful options help make up for its drawbacks.

Pros

· Runs on a lot of platforms
· Many coins and tokens inside
· In-wallet exchange
· Secure

Cons

· Inconvenient interface
· No price graph

Lumi Wallet
The creators of this wallet care about their users: it’s convenient and the interface is highly intuitive. Another bonus is that it has daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly price graphs. In addition, each token in Lumi has a separate wallet.

Pros

· iOS and web interface supported
· In-wallet exchange
· Lots of coins and tokens can be added
· Intuitive interface
· Absolute security
· Informative price graph

Cons

· Android version doesn’t support tokens or ETH

BreadWallet
A wallet with bright design where you can store your tokens and ETH and have an opportunity to buy or exchange them right within the wallet.

Pros

· In-wallet exchange (also can buy crypto for fiat)

Cons

· No price graph

Final Thoughts
When choosing a wallet, be sure to think about the aforementioned questions, as they will allow you to clearly understand what you’re looking for and thus, narrow down your choice. Carefully examine the pros and cons of every wallet you’re considering and don’t forget that any article about wallets has a healthy dose of subjectivity, so the final decision should ultimately be yours.

Thank you for introduced a lot of wallets for token users. But I just acquainted with MyEtherwallet. Not sure whether if MEW still safe or not? Really need some advice from everyone here.
ripple

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:36:42 PM

I am using Myetherwallet wallet. I find that the more prominent features of Myetherwallet are the addition of ETH, which stores all of the Token Tokens built on the ETH platform. With any coin produced on the ETH platform, only one Myetherwallet (MEW) can hold all.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: