Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:02:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Betcoindice.tm Untrustworthy: Fakes volume, makes house bets on blockchain.  (Read 7718 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:09:15 AM

You must really love bitzino...   At any rate, yea this one's not provably fair as I posted in the other thread, and would stay away.

I've not been to bitzino since Just-Dice launched.  Not had the time.

Got a link to the post about this one not being provably fair?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:37:45 AM

Perhaps producing fake/low quality things is normal to the Betcoin company. I mean, who hasn't seen Made in China crap/knockoffs? (of course, there is still good quality things from china)
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:27:23 AM

The whole "provably fair" only proves % going in and out it doesn't mean their own plants aren't the only ones winning.

I don't think you understand provable fairness.  It doesn't tell you anything about the overall house performance.  All it tells you is that your own bet was fairly processed.  That's pretty much the opposite of what you claim.

Look at bitzino.com.  I have no idea how much they've taken in bets, or how much they've paid out.  They don't (to my knowledge) publish that information.  But when I play there, whether I win or lose, I am sure that the bet was handled fairly due to the way that all their games are provably fair.
I have to read up some more on it but from what I understand since the seed is created server side and since most dice sites use "investors" the players betting may be "provably fair" but an insider is still able to cheat so it won't be fair for all.

aksplace

Activity: 602
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:25:46 AM

@TradeFortress:

Here's the "rude" email we sent to you three days ago:
#####
Subject: Couldn't PM you.
Date: September 22, 2013 12:28:43 PM GMT+01:00
To: admin@glados.cc

Dear TradeFortress,

Thank you for your insightful research and comments.  We tried to send you a PM, but you apparently blocked our account. Unfortunately most of our personnel are preoccupied with other important tasks at this moment, and we are not in the position to dedicate manpower to immediately answer your concerns. Should this situation change in the future - we will promptly inform you.

Kind regards,

BetCoin™
#####

As we mentioned earlier, our entire team is preoccupied with a series of meetings with senior Chinese Government officials, finalizing our newly-opened Supercomputer Center setup, and your concerns are not our top priority at this point in time. The issues that you brought up are not for the low-level technical and maintenance staff to address, but we will definitely look into this when when we have the time. In the meanwhile you can contact our support at support@betcoin.tm if you experience any difficulties using our websites, or have any questions regarding your own specific bets.

Best regards,

BetCoin™

Ahahahahahaha have a listen

Chinese Government officials  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: