Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:56:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771063 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:22:38 AM

You wouldn't survive in the world of normal shares, where talking to the CEO is impossible, and your only info is quarterly (extremely vague) reports and the occasional press release.

This is just not true. That is NOT how shareholders of any legitimate enterprise are informed.

ADM report for the shareholders, 200 pages:

http://www.adm.com/en-US/investors/Documents/2012.5-Annual-Report.pdf

HSBC report for shareholders, 136 pages:

http://www.hsbc.ca/1/PA_ES_Content_Mgmt/content/canada4/pdfs/personal/interim-reports/2012/hsbc-annual-report-2012.pdf

Imtech report for shareholders, 96 pages:

http://imtech.com/Content/ImtechNV/pdf/Investors/Publications/Report%20to%20shareholders%20-%20FINAL.pdf

ActiveMining report for shareholders, 0 pages:

Weekly Update 1/1/14

Happy New Year!

The new year looks bright for Active Mining as we continue to assemble our miners for quick delivery.

Not a lot of changes from last weeks update:

We are also continuing to develop our Intellihash program and with our 2013 sales at $6,311,788.33 we have a very good share of the market.

We have been working 100% on our core business.

ActiveMining-PR Staff

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 11:22:52 AM

No need to talk down to me by the way, this isn't personal.

My apologies if you fell through my "not a troll" filter - it's got pretty ramped settings in this thread.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 11:27:33 AM

You wouldn't survive in the world of normal shares, where talking to the CEO is impossible, and your only info is quarterly (extremely vague) reports and the occasional press release.

This is just not true. That is NOT how shareholders of any legitimate enterprise are informed.

ADM report for the shareholders, 200 pages:

http://www.adm.com/en-US/investors/Documents/2012.5-Annual-Report.pdf

HSBC report for shareholders, 136 pages:

http://www.hsbc.ca/1/PA_ES_Content_Mgmt/content/canada4/pdfs/personal/interim-reports/2012/hsbc-annual-report-2012.pdf

Imtech report for shareholders, 96 pages:

http://imtech.com/Content/ImtechNV/pdf/Investors/Publications/Report%20to%20shareholders%20-%20FINAL.pdf

ActiveMining report for shareholders, 0 pages:

Weekly Update 1/1/14

Happy New Year!

The new year looks bright for Active Mining as we continue to assemble our miners for quick delivery.

Not a lot of changes from last weeks update:

We are also continuing to develop our Intellihash program and with our 2013 sales at $6,311,788.33 we have a very good share of the market.

We have been working 100% on our core business.

ActiveMining-PR Staff

You've quoted three annual reports - not weekly updates. Not answers to shareholders demands/questions. If you add up the amount of content provided by Ken/Active mining, proportional to the companies market cap, there is probably 1000x more info provided by Ken/ActM than these massive corporates. The same goes for update regularity.

I once invested in a gold mining startup - the only updates you would get is when they made positive progress. "We've secured the land", "We've secured the permits", "We've got the first test drills back and they say x y z", "We've mined xxx ounces of gold in the past 12 months" - None of this micromanaging shit people are trying to do with Ken/ActM

JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:51:01 AM

People like you are exactly the reason scams happen and still happen.

+1

This man owns 60% of a company's profit that we put the money in for. The only verifiable evidence of anything he has done is a eAsic press release which is months old and some very temporary extra hashrate that came on in November. No one needs to defend him, he needs to answer questions about the core business and shareholder concerns. It doesn't matter if it is the holidays or not. If he would have answered the questions before the holidays, then he wouldn't have to worry about them during the holidays. It's as simple as that. None of this would work in the "real world" like many of you say. In the real world the stock price would be 0.0000000 and shareholders would have access to their shares. Ken needs hire a PR person who is dedicated to answering customers/investor's questions and marketing the company if he doesn't want to/can't/won't do it. Whether he wants to do it or not it needs to be done. We are at the point where everything the investors want to do is the opposite of what Ken is doing. If this is the case; either he doesn't have investor's best interest in mind, he is fooling us, he has very important information that needs to be shared, or he has no clue what he is doing.

I am at the point where I just ignore anything Ken says unless it mentions us mining or us getting access to our shares. Everything else is fluff that means absolutely nothing. "We are trying", "We are dedicated", "I have devoted 100% of my time"; none of this means anything. You can't value a company on this, you can't value your investment on this, you can't do anything with this but sit on your thumbs and wait till next wednesday and hope it isn't the same shit it was last week. (Which is what we have been doing for too long now).
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:55:28 AM

You've quoted three annual reports - not weekly updates. Not answers to shareholders demands/questions. If you add up the amount of content provided by Ken/Active mining, proportional to the companies market cap, there is probably 1000x more info provided by Ken/ActM than these massive corporates. The same goes for update regularity.

I once invested in a gold mining startup - the only updates you would get is when they made positive progress. "We've secured the land", "We've secured the permits", "We've got the first test drills back and they say x y z", "We've mined xxx ounces of gold in the past 12 months" - None of this micromanaging shit people are trying to do with Ken/ActM

I am refuting your claim that "in the world of normal shares, where talking to the CEO is impossible, and your only info is quarterly (extremely vague) reports". As I had show, "in the world of normal shares" any business can provide detailed reports.

By the way, what is the market cap of ActiveMining?
Subcide

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:24:53 PM

We're not in the world of normal shares, and in that world, having your shares non-tradeable for nearly an entire quarter would not only be unacceptable, but pretty catastrophic from a business perspective I'm sure (has this ever happened? I have no idea).

With that in mind, "in the world of normal shares" adds nothing to the conversation really.

In the world that we are in, when we don't have information, the only action we can take is to ask for information.
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:00:18 PM

We're not in the world of normal shares, and in that world, having your shares non-tradeable for nearly an entire quarter would not only be unacceptable, but pretty catastrophic from a business perspective I'm sure (has this ever happened? I have no idea).

Pre-IPO this is exactly what happens, but arguably without the requirements on reporting. Since we all invested in ActM at the startup stage we should consider ourselves pre-IPO startup investors.

This man owns 60% of a company's profit that we put the money in for.
No one needs to defend him, he needs to answer questions about the core business and shareholder concerns. It doesn't matter if it is the holidays or not.

First up, the first 0.0025 dividends go to shareholders only, so he owns 0% of that (or however many shares he's personally bought)

Secondly, being so unreasonable about somebodies holidays is deplorable. Everyone deserves a break especially considering all the little tantrum-ing children in here.

Thirdly Ken has to be careful about how he provides investors with information since he is already dancing on a fine line on thin ice with the SEC - as such he can't just answer questions willy nilly as it might be deemed to give certain shareholders an advantage.

Finally - it may not be in the companies (and by extension the shareholders) best interests for shares to be tradable at this stage. My personal view is ActM is better off NOT listing shares on another exchange, and making all share transfers private exchanges negotiated and executed between two individuals with only administrative help from the company. This is how most un-listed companies work, and its perfectly legal.

Anybody who expected anything new between christmas and new years day is a fucking ignorant tool.

Me out.

st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

this is just ridiculous, straight up joke. ken doesn't give a flying fuck about shareholders he just wants profit for himself and his family .WAKE UP

KEN GET US UP AND RUNNING ON C-T!! some ppl wants to get out of your SHIT MISMANAGED COMPANY!  
JoTheKhan

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:20:08 PM

Pre-IPO this is exactly what happens, but arguably without the requirements on reporting. Since we all invested in ActM at the startup stage we should consider ourselves pre-IPO startup investors.

This man owns 60% of a company's profit that we put the money in for.
No one needs to defend him, he needs to answer questions about the core business and shareholder concerns. It doesn't matter if it is the holidays or not.

First up, the first 0.0025 dividends go to shareholders only, so he owns 0% of that (or however many shares he's personally bought)

Secondly, being so unreasonable about somebodies holidays is deplorable. Everyone deserves a break especially considering all the little tantrum-ing children in here.

Thirdly Ken has to be careful about how he provides investors with information since he is already dancing on a fine line on thin ice with the SEC - as such he can't just answer questions willy nilly as it might be deemed to give certain shareholders an advantage.

Finally - it may not be in the companies (and by extension the shareholders) best interests for shares to be tradable at this stage. My personal view is ActM is better off NOT listing shares on another exchange, and making all share transfers private exchanges negotiated and executed between two individuals with only administrative help from the company. This is how most un-listed companies work, and its perfectly legal.

Anybody who expected anything new between christmas and new years day is a fucking ignorant tool.

Me out.

You have completely discredited yourself.

"It may not be in the companies best interest for shares to be tradeable at this stage."? This is by far the dumbest thing I've read on this forum. I hope no one takes anything this man says seriously after this.

"Anybody who expected anything new between christmas November and new years day January is a fucking ignorant tool rational person" You tell me what has changed between November and January and I'll let you slide on this very unintelligent comment of yours."

You are by far the most misguided person on this forum. You defend Ken as if he can't answer for himself. Do not give the man excuses, he has had 3 months to think them up. He needs to answer for our share situation and elaborate on our equipment situation. If you don't think this is the case then you are the "fucking ignorant tool"

"First up, the first 0.0025 dividends go to shareholders only, so he owns 0% of that (or however many shares he's personally bought)"

If as long we don't have access to shares, and we don't have access to any company information then Ken owns everything. We don't have shit. .0025? Half of you guys thinking hes secretly mining on Eligius right now anyways. He seems to be paying himself too, I think hes made more money off ACTM so far than anyone else.

PS Please take a moment and read what I posted. It is very common for people on here to completely ignore what I post and try to explain some very WRONG misconception they have.
iSnow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:23:54 PM

I'd wish the $6m sales made me upbeat about ActM, but

* we don't see any dividends, why? There is absolutely no need to be on an exchange for that.

* shares are not on CT, even though this has been promised for a month

* we don't get any proof AT ALL that miners are assembled, chips are produced or the quoted sales are real.

I expect the next Wednesday update to contain something like "Going strong, chip production according to plan, development of a secure shareholder-server continuing"
webgypsy

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:30:50 PM

/
... You tell me what has changed between November and January and I'll let you slide on this very unintelligent comment of yours...

Ken has built a large production plant, with 3 (three) Harbor Freight workbenches.  This development was documented and announced last Wednesday:

http://s27.postimg.org/63vy7c2tv/product1.jpg

I'm afraid Vinny gets to slide.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:36:00 PM

/
... You tell me what has changed between November and January and I'll let you slide on this very unintelligent comment of yours...

Ken has built a large production plant, with 3 (three) Harbor Freight workbenches.  This development was documented and announced last Wednesday:

lol.. no he does not.
Cropcircle

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:37:04 PM

//

First, Ken currently has all of the shares.  He's not even paying you the bitdust dividends.  You got nothing.

Secondly, it's a bit more deplorable to screw people out of millions & go on a holiday.
Vigil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:40:46 PM

/

They are Kobalt and there are six of them. There must be a Lowes somewhere nearby.

Those racks in the background also came from Lowe's. We can calculate the price of all that stuff.
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:42:33 PM

You have completely discredited yourself.

"It may not be in the companies best interest for shares to be tradeable at this stage."? This is by far the dumbest thing I've read on this forum. I hope no one takes anything this man says seriously after this.

If the SEC is saying "do this and we'll take you down", which is plausible, then I am 100% correct. Trying to brush over this potential is burying your head in the sand. It may not be the case, but if you notice I didn't say it was, I said "it may"

"Anybody who expected anything new between christmas November and new years day January is a fucking ignorant tool rational person" You tell me what has changed between November and January and I'll let you slide on this very unintelligent comment of yours."

30th November [source] - Ken announces delays due to further R&D and unveils Intellihash(tm) technology
12th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "we are continuing to bring in all the parts for mass production of our miners"
18th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production"

PS Please take a moment and read what I posted. It is very common for people on here to completely ignore what I post and try to explain some very WRONG misconception they have.

I can see why people would ignore what you post - or just ignore you generally.

Cropcircle

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:58:03 PM

//
If the SEC is saying "do this and we'll take you down", which is plausible, then I am 100% correct. Trying to brush over this potential is burying your head in the sand. It may not be the case, but if you notice I didn't say it was, I said "it may"
//

The SEC forbids issuing unregistered securities.
It doesn't offer a Get Out of Jail Free cards to those who consequently take those shares off the market by stealing them.
Cropcircle

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:06:52 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 02:27:06 PM by Cropcircle

//
1. 30th November [source] - Ken announces delays due to further R&D and unveils Intellihash(tm) technology
2. 12th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "we are continuing to bring in all the parts for mass production of our miners"
3. 18th December [source] - Weekly announcement states "working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production"
//

1. The main problem here is with the word "unveiling."  Unveiling implies show, not tell.  Ken has unveiled nothing, he simply fed you a line of bull.

2. "Continuing" means "shit is exactly the same as it was."  "Continuing to bring in all the parts for mass production of our miners" means nothing has changed, ignoring the fact that the statement is both unverifiable and devoid of meaning.

3.  Ditto.  Ken has been "working with eASIC and our engineers to get [his] chip [sic] and boards in full production" since the day he allegedly forked over some of your money to eAsic.

Edit: What's more troubling still is Ken doesn't even bother with keeping up appearances any longer.  He signs his Wednesday post with Active Mining PR, but posts it from his own account.  He no longer gives a damn about what happens in this thread, something that might seem familiar to Labcoin folks.

Edit2: If you are reassured by words like "Intellihash," please PM me -- I could coin and recombine compounds myself.  I'd like to unveil another revolutionary disruptive technology:  Intellibit Transware.  It spackles the gaps between hardware, firmware & software. It also makes excelent excuses for botched designs.
Voila!
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:19:18 PM

Devils Advocate:

The company is registered in Belize (I believe) which solves most of the problems of offering shares in a company. If those shares become publicly tradable then the US imposes it's own laws (rightly or wrongly) which prohibit trading with US citizens. In that respect ActM might need to limit access to share trading with US citizens.

Don't let your confirmation bias lead you - this has to be a consideration for ActM, weather it turns out to be an issue or not.

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:20:19 PM

All you Trolls are wasting your time.

Ken is not going to list shares anywhere until AFTER we have the  major news release we all know is comming. You sad f-ed up little low-lifes have all reaped your just rewards for trying to sabotage this project and treating Ken like dirt - nothing.

If you hadn't acted like low-life scum on here for months and months I think Ken would have put more effort into getting the shares back online after Bitfunder folded. But instead, he has done most definitely the best thing which is to concentrate on BUILDING THE BUSINESS rather than getting the shares back up so that Trolls can get their grubby stinking little hands on them at a cheap price.

I'm p-ing myself at your 'mis-fortune'. You have created this situation yourselves, now see what your reward is for acting like complete scum? Nothing. Zero. Zilch.

You want shares? You gonna have to pay up. lolly lolzy lol.

Cool
Thumper650

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:39:21 PM

You want shares? You gonna have to pay up. lolly lolzy lol.

Cool

What would anyone not currently committed to an insane asylum want with your shares Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: