Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:33:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75838 times)
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:34:22 PM

lol so pankkake blackmailing companies on here by threatening to Troll their threads if they don't pay him extortion money is not scamming.

OK if that's the case and blackmail is now a class above straight scamming I salute you pankkake! A real hero looking after the small guys - who you seem to love deriding.

I get the notion that you are just looking after yourself and trying to put every Security down apart from MPEx which you fully endorse!

MPEx = a major SCAM. You know it, I know it and the world knows it. Even the SEC know it!

The SEC - how long do you have left pankkake, before they come looking for a statement? I'll ask again, will you give evidence against Popescu in order to receive a lesser sentence as a co-conspirator?

Criticism of MPEx aside (I know not enough to cast judgment), am I the only one who saw the satire in the 'pay me to not troll posts'?

It was obviously for lulz, and some people took it too seriously, IMO.

Regardless of motivations, pankkake and others have been pointing out valid flaws in this venture from the start. Everybody has bias, but a valid point should stand, regardless.

It still stands that Ken held people's shares hostage for almost 6 months while failing to develop the promised 28nm product, then the 'stop-gap' 55mn. Now shareholders can finally sell, but Ken is now failing to move re-branded HashFast products (even at rock-bottom prices). Despite claiming to have a web developer, and despite toting his own web development skills, the website is still in shambles.

There are shareholders that still think this will turn-around. Therefore, I have to agree with pankkake: 'people have not learned their lesson'

OR they are in on the 'scam'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:38:51 PM

I can assure you lobbes that pankkakes offer was 100% genuine. This is not satire:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240677.msg2550420#msg2550420

he posted his wallet address in later posts and said this:

Bump.

So far I only got one offer, which I refused.

Changes!
Lower prices, only Bitcoin is accepted (I realized Litecoin is mostly useless and stupid.).
Added clarifications and what I would like to do.

I have free time, and I am in physical pain, which means I certainly am in the mood for making people rage over the Internet.

Any respected member of the community can get a free trial, provided they give a rating afterwards (good or bad).

When told he was actually blackmailing people he went quiet on his thread and eventually posted this reply to show he didn't take payment for harrasing business or for NOT harassing business  (which would be extorsion)

Have anyone actually paid you for a job yet?
No. Refused a few offers and two non-conclusive tries were free.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:53:24 PM

lol so pankkake blackmailing companies on here by threatening to Troll their threads if they don't pay him extortion money is not scamming.

OK if that's the case and blackmail is now a class above straight scamming I salute you pankkake! A real hero looking after the small guys - who you seem to love deriding.

I get the notion that you are just looking after yourself and trying to put every Security down apart from MPEx which you fully endorse!

MPEx = a major SCAM. You know it, I know it and the world knows it. Even the SEC know it!

The SEC - how long do you have left pankkake, before they come looking for a statement? I'll ask again, will you give evidence against Popescu in order to receive a lesser sentence as a co-conspirator?

Criticism of MPEx aside (I know not enough to cast judgment), am I the only one who saw the satire in the 'pay me to not troll posts'?

It was obviously for lulz, and some people took it too seriously, IMO.

Regardless of motivations, pankkake and others have been pointing out valid flaws in this venture from the start. Everybody has bias, but a valid point should stand, regardless.

It still stands that Ken held people's shares hostage for almost 6 months while failing to develop the promised 28nm product, then the 'stop-gap' 55mn. Now shareholders can finally sell, but Ken is now failing to move re-branded HashFast products (even at rock-bottom prices). Despite claiming to have a web developer, and despite toting his own web development skills, the website is still in shambles.

There are shareholders that still think this will turn-around. Therefore, I have to agree with pankkake: 'people have not learned their lesson'

OR they are in on the 'scam'

This is the truth, and when people actually stop playing selective listening and actually take the time to read Pankkake's post or MPOE-PR's post at face value they will gain some valuable insight. Of course everyone has their own agenda but that doesn't defeat what they have to say.

I've said it before but I've read all of Pankkake's post, Crumb's post, VE's Post, MPOE-PR's post, NotLambChops and all his other Alt's post when they posted on a thread that concerned my money. Of course they're memes and images and cursive font got quite annoying but other than that they have more knowledge then a lot of us in this community.

If I would have known of Pankkake and MPOE-PR before I found ActiveMining I probably would have sold when I had the chance, though I have not invested nearly enough for it to destroy me (I do feel sorry for DTS and many others) as I looked at more of a bet than an investment, but if I could of done it again I would have picked black instead of red if you know what I mean.

It doesn't matter who the advice is coming from, if it is sound advice. Shit I was one who kept saying VolcanicEruptor had good points back when everyone else was calling him a troll. He was just a bit aggressive.  

"There are shareholders that still think this will turn-around. Therefore, I have to agree with pankkake: 'people have not learned their lesson'. I disagree, besides Zum and Vince and maybe one other. (They really need to stop playing with DTS's emotions.)

I don't think any new people are getting into AcTM (Thankfully, I would and have advised against it). I personally don't think we have any chance of turning an actual profit, but I think we can get closer to clearing our debt and getting more of our money back than we can at this point. And if not, I have so small shares that selling it wouldn't be worthwhile compared to the immense amount of joy I get out of Ken's shitty puzzles.

But have an actual conversation with anyone one of them and you'll see that they won't just try to insult you and belittle you if you don't try to do the same to them. Shit I had a decent conversation with NotLambChop a week or so ago before it got deleted and I'm pretty sure I've butted heads with him on one of his Alts before.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:55:55 PM

MPEx securities aren't bad

I lol'd. I take it you've invrsted in mirceas new just-dice/bitbet fund?

I will admit that you are much less likely to lose money on mpex with mircea cooking the books. It's almost impossible to lose money on a good ponzi until it collapses.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:59:07 PM

I will admit that you are much less likely to lose money on mpec with mircea cooking the books. It's almost impossible to lose money on a good ponzi until it collapses.

I know nothing about MPEx securities but BitBet actually looks pretty cool, especially if this found its way into the mainstream. Where anyone can make their own bet, that has a lot of room of potential. (Television Shows, Sports, E-Sports, Elections, Company performances, Crypto prices. It's pretty endless) I haven't actually used it but I've followed the bets and I think there is a lot of room for growth and profit. Though 30BTC to even get into MPEx investments, seems a little ridiculous. If BitBet appeared on Havelock, I wouldn't be against switching my dust of AcTM into dust of BitBet.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:09:33 PM

I will admit that you are much less likely to lose money on mpec with mircea cooking the books. It's almost impossible to lose money on a good ponzi until it collapses.

I know nothing about MPEx securities but BitBet actually looks pretty cool, especially if this found its way into the mainstream. Where anyone can make their own bet, that has a lot of room of potential. (Television Shows, Sports, E-Sports, Elections, Company performances, Crypto prices. It's pretty endless) I haven't actually used it but I've followed the bets and I think there is a lot of room for growth and profit. Though 30BTC to even get into MPEx investments, seems a little ridiculous. If BitBet appeared on Havelock, I wouldn't be against switching my dust of AcTM into dust of BitBet.

You should really do a few seconds of research before backing a scam.

Anyone can make bets on bitbet but only the management does and they decide the outcomes.

Management also creates a large amount of bets and determines the outcome of their own bets making them profit.

They also steal late bets. All bets sent to btc address after bet is resolved is considered a "donation" or profit.

Stealing late bets has literally accounted for about half of their entire profit last year.

Btw the 30btc on mpex is the fee you have to pay so mircea can keep the stocks pumped.

Even with unfair house betting and stealing all late bets their company "valued" at 5000btc earned a staggering 130btc last year (75btc from stolen bets) and this last quarter they earned an impressive 3btc.
NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:11:29 PM

This is a thread dedicated to the failings of Active Mining, a "a virtual identity totally owned by the Active Mining Corporation (Belize) that represents both itself and its profits."
And the wacky antics of its CEO, an elderly alcoholic from Missouri, Kenneth E. Slaughter. <==As in:
Kindly keep on topic Smiley
JoTheKhan

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:18:38 PM

1. You should really do a few seconds of research before backing a scam.

2. Anyone can make bets on bitbet but only the management does and they decide the outcomes.

3. Management also creates a large amount of bets and determines the outcome of their own bets making them profit.

4. They also steal late bets. All bets sent to btc address after bet is resolved is considered a "donation" or profit.

5. Stealing late bets has literally accounted for about half of their entire profit last year.

6. Btw the 30btc on mpex is the fee you have to pay so mircea can keep the stocks pumped.

Even with unfair house betting and stealing all late bets their company "valued" at 5000btc earned a staggering 130btc last year (75btc from stolen bets) and this last quarter they earned an impressive 3btc.

I am unfamiliar with Numbers 1, 2, and 3. So I will definitely do research on that (as I've said before I haven't used Bitbet or invested in it, only watched it).

4. I've heard that they steal late bets as in people trying to place bet on topics that are closed for betting. Of course, they should just refund the person their money but I believe it is in ToS (Or w/e they call it on there) that they will claim any late bets as their own and you should make sure you aren't placing on a late bet. Other companies have done worse.

5. If you look at this in another light, this definitely conflicts with the point you made in number (3) Which says that they make large bets to make their own profit.

Are you saying so many people make late bets that that in and of itself is making more money than they are by actively rigging bets? Does this mean that they have very low transaction fees too then?

6. I have never and will never pay that 30BTC, as I've just said, its ridiculous. I have heard MPOE and Pankkake's argument for it and I don't think it holds in any context. But this doesn't negate other things those two have said, Mireacu (or however you write his name) will never be getting that 30 BTC from me. I have never recommended his website to anyone just like I have not recommended ActiveMining to anyone.

I haven't invested but I don't think shitting on a company that turned any sort of profit is ok. They have turned a profit on a website that seems to need little maintenance and require almost no marketing. Seems to be a pretty good business plan IMHO.

I'm only saying from my encounters with BitBet, and BitBet alone (not my encounter/s with the people behind it) it seems like a good business idea. Just like Just-Dice looks like a good gambling Idea, I think BitBet has a good idea too.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:21:34 PM

Mirceau is getting a bit nervous now. Let's keep it on topic. The only scammers on here are EVERYBODY except MPEx.

Mirceau Popescu is NOT a scammer - he is a BILLIONAIRE! What billionaire wouldn't run a scam-site and 'scam-bet'TM making him 50k max a year?

Popescu loves us all and want's for us all great success - just like Borat.

And Pankkake is a really nice French dude too.

Now that these scum buckets have validated their own Trolling on here we can move on to the real enemy Ken. Misdirection by one Troll to another.

Trolls - have you no kinship or admiration for this great master scammer? He's scammed more coin than you two put together remember.
Ken is da BOSS man and you two are mere impersonators.

jimmothy

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:30:20 PM

5. If you look at this in another light, this definitely conflicts with the point you made in number (3) Which says that they make large bets to make their own profit.

Are you saying so many people make late bets that that in and of itself is making more money than they are by actively rigging bets? Does this mean that they have very low transaction fees too then?

Somewhat correct. Fees are not exactly low at 1% but their profit from fees is about equal to what they earned by stealing late bets.

jimmothy was referring to F.MPIF, not S.BBET

Yes but surprisingly both companies owned by mircea will be house betting on bitbet (against eachother?)

Running a passthrough, however, might be a business opportunity.

This might be a good idea to list on cryptostocks. Wouldn't work on havelock as they charge 1btc/month and excluding mircea buying a million shares the first day, mpif has hardly sold above 10btc worth of shares in weeks.
NotLambchop

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:31:54 PM

Mirceau is getting a bit nervous now. Let's keep it on topic. The only scammers on here are EVERYBODY except MPEx.

Mirceau Popescu is NOT a scammer - he is a BILLIONAIRE! What billionaire wouldn't run a scam-site and 'scam-bet'TM making him 50k max a year?

I'm some d00d named mikemikemike.   If you disagree, go fight it out with Anonymousg64, the other forum crazy Smiley

assume your choice is between buying hardware, a cloud contract or PETA shares

You're overlooking a rather obvious alternative -- keeping your coin and not "investing" it at all.
*But sure, all mining operations offered to the public have either lost money for the "investors," or simply stole it.  See your exchange-mate, COG.

you overlooked the rest of my post mikemikemike?

No, simply pointed out the logical fail on which your entire post pivots.  Thus far, I've been accused of being Eduardo de Castro, Mircea Popescu, crumbs, Icebreaker, and various others.  Adding mikemikemike to the list.  

*My name is Legion: for we are many.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:34:10 PM

6. I have never and will never pay that 30BTC, as I've just said, its ridiculous. I have heard MPOE and Pankkake's argument for it and I don't think it holds in any context.

There are two reasons for the 30btc fee which are much simpler than you'd imagine.

First reason is simply profit (almost all of which going to mircea himself). 30btc profit per new user is more than most companies can say.

Second is referral scheme. You and your referral get 10btc back each every time you refer someone.

Without the fee there would be nobody to perpetuate the scam.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:38:53 PM

6. I have never and will never pay that 30BTC, as I've just said, its ridiculous. I have heard MPOE and Pankkake's argument for it and I don't think it holds in any context.

There are two reasons for the 30btc fee which are much simpler than you'd imagine.

First reason is simply profit (almost all of which going to mircea himself). 30btc profit per new user is more than most companies can say.

Second is referral scheme. You and your referral get 10btc back each every time you refer someone.

Yes and that is just a Ponzi scheme imho. I know what happens with the 30btc, I personally don't see myself following suit with throwing money into it.

I don't need a broker, I know how to lose money and place bets without doing any research myself (a little sarcasm in there but not really lol).

@NotLambChop I have been operating under the assumption that you were Crumbs who might be MPOE-PR which in turn would make you Mireacu P. this entire time. I hope that you don't mind if I continue with this assumption.
Stuartuk

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:40:30 PM

Sounds like a Ponzi - he will keep it open so long as he gets new victims signing up. Then - poof - he will be gone. There are so many Mirceau's and Popescu's in Romania that he will easily disappear into some remote village. Probablly not his real names anyway. They seem too generically Romanian.
NotLambchop

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:43:38 PM

Dear Jimmothy,

@Stuartuk:  Did you discuss your concerns with Mr. Anonymousg64?
Stuartuk

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:45:37 PM

I hope that you don't mind if I continue with this assumption.

Not only do they quote and use the same pictures, use the same language, target the same companies and topics but Mirceau actually blogged on his site about the dialogue on BCT that he had been taking part in - specifically me saying he was about to be extradited by the SEC. He is one and the same we all know that, he's never denied it quite sensibly.  
Stuartuk

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

Dear Jimmothy,

I have absolutely no idea what you refer to. Have you been taking drugs again as you described on your blog? What drugs do you take Mircey? I think I might like to try some of them.
NotLambchop

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:53:00 PM

@NotLambChop I have been operating under the assumption that you were Crumbs who might be MPOE-PR which in turn would make you Mireacu P. this entire time. I hope that you don't mind if I continue with this assumption.

What an odd thing to ask.  Are you saying that if I do mind, you'd stop making idiotic assumptions? 
NotLambchop

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:00:17 PM

Dear Jimmothy,

I have absolutely no idea what you refer to.

Senile dementia is a bitch.  I'll remind you Smiley

I'm some d00d named mikemikemike.   If you disagree, go fight it out with Anonymousg64, the other forum crazy Smiley

assume your choice is between buying hardware, a cloud contract or PETA shares

You're overlooking a rather obvious alternative -- keeping your coin and not "investing" it at all.
*But sure, all mining operations offered to the public have either lost money for the "investors," or simply stole it.  See your exchange-mate, COG.

you overlooked the rest of my post mikemikemike?

No, simply pointed out the logical fail on which your entire post pivots.  Thus far, I've been accused of being Eduardo de Castro, Mircea Popescu, crumbs, Icebreaker, and various others.  Adding mikemikemike to the list.  

*My name is Legion: for we are many.
Have you been taking drugs again as you described on your blog? What drugs do you take Mircey? I think I might like to try some of them.

Please stick to the regiment I've prescribed:  Massive doses of Lithium with a chaser of Thorazine syrup.  Don't improvise Angry  
JoTheKhan

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:01:18 PM

What an odd thing to ask.  Are you saying that if I do mind, you'd stop making idiotic assumptions? 

Not in the least. I will still make the assumption, I just won't be as out and in the open about it around you. Out of respect.

It seems you are annoyed that people assume you are someone who previously did exactly what you do, in the same manner that you do it, in the same areas that you do it, right before you appeared and started doing it (because they were banned).

I don't think it matters that much though. You have built a reputation for yourself just like your predecessors have, so we/they have little reason to base you off of those people anyways.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: