Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:18:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First GENUE LTC FPGA  (Read 3309 times)
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 01:47:24 AM

Well I'll be damned.

Weird stuff.

A google search query of the device ID's ("idVendor=0x1234" "idProduct=0x1010") yields many links to z.download.csdn.net where such information is referenced almost exactly, some kind of chinese internet forum. Apparently this has something to do with "STM32", which is a model of ARM Cortex MCUs. It seems to me the device id's referenced might be the ones of those devices.

Or maybe it's a generic idVendor and idProduct, but those were the only matches I could find.

Otherwise I could not find any correlation between what he posted and anything currently findable by google.

I have to say, it's a mystery. Maybe he does have an fpga miner, but it's single-threaded and does not resolve any of the scrypt fpga-mining issues that makes it so unprofitable so is more or less exactly worthless.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
hope2907

Activity: 432

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:08:44 AM

it look very ugly, when complete can you give better look?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:19:08 AM

my sources indicate this video was of the first model, and the current prototype has 8  chips per board. their goal is 1.2  m/hs per board @ 150 watts fyi. this is definitely one to watch.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:45:28 AM

Boy howdy...this could be a game changer if legit

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
hope2907

Activity: 432

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:46:08 AM

unless it is a asic device, it wont be a game changer
linlin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:48:37 AM

22 kh/s with 1,5$ for single kh/s makes 33$. Sorry, I don't buy that unless you get FPGAs from factory's back door. ~20$ costs 8 layer PCB in China, that you need to properly route all DDR3 signals from FPGA. Plus a device cost, plus assembly.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:59:58 AM

Quote from: beekeeper link=topic=297533.msg3193041#msg3193041 date=13796Scrypt4
Hi,
I just got my old thread locked, showing a fpga hashing at 22 Khs, lol. Bord can do really more..
 https://vimeo.com/m/74955720

I'm considering going on reddit with full story!

Twas not me, meaning John K most likely locked your original thread. *Wonders...*

Ha ha does not wonder , these guys get a little sensitive about fpga and ASIC when they look like getting out to the real market .

KnC will be working on a sCrypt asic just as soon as this party is over .  I expect .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:40:15 AM

for those who know nothing about chip design, First FPGA, then to hard silicon. FPGA allows you to work the bugs out of your design before you dump 25K to have it masked in silicon.
2nd off, Scrypt is completely possible to build an ASIC for. math is what computers do best. Scrypt just requires some external ram. big deal. ram is cheap. I dont doubt the authenticity of this. there are a couple other people working on fpga scrypt machines. They just arent posting their work here for kudos and warm pats on the back.
gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 06:42:40 AM

O.M.G :-O     Super Jelllyyyy!!!! Keep us updated!!!

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:47:10 AM

for those who know nothing about chip design, First FPGA, then to hard silicon. FPGA allows you to work the bugs out of your design before you dump 25K to have it masked in silicon.
2nd off, Scrypt is completely possible to build an ASIC for. math is what computers do best. Scrypt just requires some external ram. big deal. ram is cheap. I dont doubt the authenticity of this. there are a couple other people working on fpga scrypt machines. They just arent posting their work here for kudos and warm pats on the back.

*pats the project dev on the back* bravo, the numbers do look to be in the realm of possibility.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
beekeeper (OP)

LTC

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 03:28:35 PM

Well I'll be damned.

Weird stuff.

A google search query of the device ID's ("idVendor=0x1234" "idProduct=0x1010") yields many links to z.download.csdn.net where such information is referenced almost exactly, some kind of chinese internet forum. Apparently this has something to do with "STM32", which is a model of ARM Cortex MCUs. It seems to me the device id's referenced might be the ones of those devices.

Or maybe it's a generic idVendor and idProduct, but those were the only matches I could find.

Otherwise I could not find any correlation between what he posted and anything currently findable by google.

I have to say, it's a mystery. Maybe he does have an fpga miner, but it's single-threaded and does not resolve any of the scrypt fpga-mining issues that makes it so unprofitable so is more or less exactly worthless.

0x1234 was default in the usb stack I used. 0x1010 si for visual, I had many of this boards connected to a linux and I needed a way to quick recognize them in lsusb output.
But all this effort and you didn't notice that it uses a derivation of BFL SC communication protocol.. Smiley

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
beekeeper (OP)

LTC

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

It is designed the way it is designed for the same reason an AK47 it is designed the way it is designed.
All three rams are working at max possible speed. And will probably have another iteration, and this is not the only RAM board I have ready.

heatgsm

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:56:31 PM

They`re just jealous ...keep on working on the project and when it will hit the market even the jealous ones will buy  Cheesy
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:02:40 PM

No, I am doing it for money, so most information are classified till I sell for good reason

Why post it at all at this point?
beekeeper (OP)

LTC

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 04:10:27 PM

No, I am doing it for money, so most information are classified till I sell for good reason

Why post it at all at this point?

I am looking to inform community about this project, while keeping sensitive information, which may affect project development if disclosed,  private.

smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:40:25 PM

you can get such hardware at 1$ - 1.5$ (closer to 1)
Is it the retail price for new components?

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:44:10 PM

I remember reading about another guy trying to get some FPGA to work on scrypt, it kinda looked like the spartan, doing 37 kH/s. And this, and also this scam http://scryptasic.org/   Something big is surely coming along *grinning*
ReCat

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:49:06 PM

Well I'll be damned.

Weird stuff.

0x1234 was default in the usb stack I used. 0x1010 si for visual, I had many of this boards connected to a linux and I needed a way to quick recognize them in lsusb output.
But all this effort and you didn't notice that it uses a derivation of BFL SC communication protocol.. Smiley

Well, I have not used BFL devices.

Either way, I'm not really jealous. If it's real, then fantastic, scrypt will have an even more secured future. Dedicated devices are fundamental for the long-term safety of a coin, I think.

I just think it all sounds like a big setup for a big scam.

Being paranoid often pays off. First they laugh at you for being paranoid. But then they don't laugh. because they're dead, and you're not, because you were paranoid. Tongue

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
beekeeper (OP)

LTC

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:58:34 PM

Being paranoid often pays off. First they laugh at you for being paranoid. But then they don't laugh. because they're dead, and you're not, because you were paranoid. Tongue

I can only agree on this. Smiley

ReCat

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 06:04:10 PM

I can only agree on this. Smiley

Stop agreeing with someone who is trying to oppose you. XD Thats not how it works.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: