Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:35:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Double Entry Pyramid!  (Read 17360 times)
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:00:52 PM

Yeah I think it's all received at the same time. Which stinks because I could of sworn I sent my payment in b4 those guys Tongue Anyways would you mine changing my address on the site to the other 1? It just makes me feel more secure xD
consider it done!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TYDIRocks

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:05:39 PM

Thank you!

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:28:12 PM

Is http://www.multiplymybtc.com/ working for everyone??
TYDIRocks

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:33:00 PM

Yeah it works. Also what is the difference between green and OJ?

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:36:33 PM

Yeah it works. Also what is the difference between green and OJ?
green has been sent orange is waiting to be sent
TYDIRocks

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:38:42 PM

Why does the last green say not been paid though. And could you maybe have a place where it says what is currently in the pot to be paid?

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:44:44 PM

Why does the last green say not been paid though. And could you maybe have a place where it says what is currently in the pot to be paid?
If I did that I think people would be hesitant to enter..
TYDIRocks

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:46:27 PM

True that lol

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:56:50 PM

Things are running pretty smooth! Keep em coming!
frostb1te

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:00:32 PM

First time entering in one of these and i got paid Smiley thanks!
macharborguy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:21:23 PM

got my payment too, thanks Smiley
anodyne

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:44:52 PM

Are the 1.2 still hard to find, even though the recieved transaction is clearly visible a few lines above the arrow on the screenshot posted earlier?

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:46:16 PM

Are the 1.2 still hard to find, even though the recieved transaction is clearly visible a few lines above the arrow on the screenshot posted earlier?
I'm confused..what do you mean?
anodyne

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 10:24:16 PM

OK... you were sent 1.2BTC from the address 1JVhf8zqxrYiKogeHs5kp57rTgtdDiC3hB. There is no deposit of 1.2BTC entered into the game. You simply claimed that you missed it and did nothing more about it.

And, for the sake of honesty, I have to admit that I for some reason decided to not mention that it was one of my deposits, entered from one of two different wallets... maybe I was in some sort of devious asshole mood that made me curious to see how you would respond if not directly confronted by someone claiming to own that transaction... and I'm a bit sorry about that. Smiley

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 10:39:28 PM

OK... you were sent 1.2BTC from the address 1JVhf8zqxrYiKogeHs5kp57rTgtdDiC3hB. There is no deposit of 1.2BTC entered into the game. You simply claimed that you missed it and did nothing more about it.

And, for the sake of honesty, I have to admit that I for some reason decided to not mention that it was one of my deposits, entered from one of two different wallets... maybe I was in some sort of devious asshole mood that made me curious to see how you would respond if not directly confronted by someone claiming to own that transaction... and I'm a bit sorry about that. Smiley
I received one 1.2 BTC in my wallet..sorry I was confused. I will pay you back the rest of the payment of .36 BTC once someone else enters. It was an honest mistake..I will pay more attention in the future  Smiley
anodyne

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:03:48 PM

Still missing a bit here... I first sent 1BTC from that address, I got 1.68 back and then decided to redeposit 1.2 of that - which in turn became the missing transaction. So, I'm out 1.2 coins, which I assume got added to the pot and paid out to others since my address wasn't entered into the pyramid the second time.

I guess a refund of 1.2 sent to original address would be fine, since entering it into the pyramid now would skew the distribution for other players. But no need to rush it. Smiley

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:59:31 PM

Still missing a bit here... I first sent 1BTC from that address, I got 1.68 back and then decided to redeposit 1.2 of that - which in turn became the missing transaction. So, I'm out 1.2 coins, which I assume got added to the pot and paid out to others since my address wasn't entered into the pyramid the second time.

I guess a refund of 1.2 sent to original address would be fine, since entering it into the pyramid now would skew the distribution for other players. But no need to rush it. Smiley
I see..ok. Next time the pot is doing well I will refund you  Smiley
anodyne

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 01:32:15 AM

I think you should refund me out of your own pocket rather than out of the pot, as that would be unfair for future players.

Since it wasn't put in line my deposit became a bonus to other players at my expense, but I think the most honest way to correct the mistake would be with non-pyramid funds. So when I get refunded it would mean that, by extension, you would be the one who entered the 1.2BTC bonus into the pot.

But I won't push this any further now. Maybe someone else has an opinion on what would be most fair? Smiley

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 01:35:34 AM

I think you should refund me out of your own pocket rather than out of the pot, as that would be unfair for future players.

Since it wasn't put in line my deposit became a bonus to other players at my expense, but I think the most honest way to correct the mistake would be with non-pyramid funds. So when I get refunded it would mean that, by extension, you would be the one who entered the 1.2BTC bonus into the pot.

But I won't push this any further now. Maybe someone else has an opinion on what would be most fair? Smiley

If your entry was never put on the board but the funds were used to pay other people out.... you should get a refund of the 1.2 from the guy hosting it if he is not going to put your entry on the board.  Or he puts it on the board wherever it should have been and goes from there.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 01:40:37 AM

I will refund out of my own pocket but I am not sure how long it will take me to get that amount..shouldn't be to long though
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: