Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:26:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89306 times)
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:09:49 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

Well KYC supposed to be Know Your Clients but this action only tells thay no one can stop this cheaters from doing what they wanna do

The best way is to report each of everyone you can find,or the dev itself must do what they must,to keep the company trustworthy and this cheaters must be punished by all means

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:37:58 AM

Many hunters send in fake KYC information because of the simple fact that they operated multiple accounts and cannot use the same information to pass KYC in multiple accounts.
Chemcrier
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

IMO Exchange - Customer First.

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:39:07 AM

Not all KYC turns out to be scams and that is why we have to be extremely careful where we share our information, if you do not like the project and feel secure about it, do not provide your personal information to them.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:44:52 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

If you are so undisturbed about your security, so why didn’t you even buy such documents? Let's be honest. Then our data is also sold and bought by Internet users for money. Sending real data is also necessary if this project is designed for the restoration of your data on the platform.

babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:59:59 AM

NOT FAIR.

For me there's no reason to be afraid sending your personal identification which is KYC as long as your not hiding something.
KYC is only applicable for the ico who are legit that are being categorized in centralized business. They are actually no difference in bank in terms of if you want to open an account asking for documents to their clients.
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:05:00 PM

When i observe the fake ID KYC i stopped doing any bounty that ask for KYC and even if they ask for KYC when the bounty is over I still let go of all benefit.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:07:52 PM

I thought about that many times. It is ilegal but if someone abuse your IDs you will have a real problem, so choose what is better for you.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Bitknick

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:17:55 PM

Honestly, I think almost everyone does KYC with fake or edited documents or just other people's data!
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 01:21:24 PM

Honestly, I think almost everyone does KYC with fake or edited documents or just other people's data!
Fake ID is subject the lawsuit and average people don't take such pain just for passing KYC  that required by new project. Instead of getting caught i prefer to send my documents but i accept the fact that there is possibility about scamming.
vanjava
Copper Member

Activity: 370

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:33:54 PM

I really hate KYC, especially if there is airdrop and bounty that requires doing this. if someone who does it with a fake ID is their right. I don't forbid people from doing this kind of thing. for me doing KYC is very risky.

Prettymie

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:44:13 PM

I have no problem in giving my real ID cards for KYCs. Some people just watch too many movies. Only people  with multiple accounts are against this. What’s the worst thing that could happen to someone with a very low credit limit? Not getting paid because the ID sent was fake and got charged for falsification of documents.

I agree with you and same here I'm not having a multi account that will use a fake documents but I'm too careful in choosing a bounty that will ask a KYC. The world has many loopholes with those people in the dark web that will sell our personal information and that should be careful in trusting our documents. The risk is higher in doing KYC but we need to comply with those requirements if we want to receive our bounty reward. 
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:03:52 PM

I am also thinking that such methods of tricking the team members are pretty unfair. I believe that video KYC will solve these problems and in my opinion they are much more safe and you do not need to send your documents at all.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:15:26 PM

I support the KYC procedure because it helped projects from the scammers. If you involve in any bounty management services then you will know lots of scammers people try to join with others or fake ID! So, to verify real users, KYC needed. Some project hired unprofessional people to verify KYC, so, they accept fake KYC too. But I think fake KYC is not valid nowadays, now projects are really doing care about KYC verification.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 11:30:53 PM

I would only send in my KYC to a few trusted exchanges, I don't trust some random people with a nice withpaper on the internet my KYC.
If a ICO want KYC, I would most likely not join it. Normally I wouldn't send face documents, even if other dos that, I would just forget about that ICO and move on to the next.
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:24:49 AM

Fake ID means a fake person. If anyone is sending their fake ID , it means that he/she is a spammer or just a greedy person who is just wasting their time to disturb others.
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:28:10 AM

NOT FAIR.

they assume that sending original data will only make their identity threatened. and that is one thing that might provide a safe way. right now there is no guarantee that their data can be safe when doing kyc

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:36:22 AM

NOT FAIR.

they assume that sending original data will only make their identity threatened. and that is one thing that might provide a safe way. right now there is no guarantee that their data can be safe when doing kyc
i think most of developers team have not much time to check one by one document that sent to them.moreover their team only consist of few persons.it will be very difficult process.and we have to examine is it worthed for us if send our data.
innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:40:15 AM

I am one of the persons who send a real KYC to this Bob's and Polymath and I am afraid they will use it against me. Next time I think I would not send my real identity and go and fake my documents.

Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:23:27 AM

if sending a real identity make sure the money you get is indeed valuable. I will not send the reall ID if just only for verification. because many companies need original IDs as their operational requirements. but after KYC you get nothing. I will do KYC with original identity if indeed it is worth and really needs and I am sure that the ID I submitted is safe in their hands and kept confidential. if I'm not sure, I will do KYC with fake IDs.
qmclak

Activity: 275
Merit: 2

"Trade with profit"

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 09:35:04 AM

Sending real KYC, make sure that they are not identity theft. It's very dangerous later they will used your identity to do illegals and other stuff that is not legal. Be careful whom you send your KYC

♦[https://www.forextrendy.com/?hop=scdigital9]♦ ► FOREX TRENDY ◄ ♦TRENDS SCANNER ,Increase your chance in winning  ♦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: