Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 06:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Negative effect  (Read 347 times)
Moufidoff (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:43:10 AM

on paper, it's a good idea to bring quality on the forum but there may even be negative effects with this Merit system.
some might be trying to sell them or exchange them with each other.
there is already telegram and facebook group for merit exchange.
new entrants seeing their frozen rank will quickly leave this forum for another.

so I don't think that's a good idea, there are more negatives than positives

MOKENEX — CROWDSALE STARTS 22 Jan 2018
Universal Crypto Currency Swapper (https://Mokenex.com)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1325

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 06:45:26 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1), marlboroza (1)

And another useless thread about Merit system... Is it not enough already? Why you didn't posted in one of already existing threads about Merit system?
People who are abusing Merit system are getting red trust from DT members. And they will run out of their sMerit because Merit sources and other users will not send them their sMerit.
new entrants seeing their frozen rank will quickly leave this forum for another.
If spammers who aren't getting any Merit and can't rank up quickly will leave forum, it will prove that Merit system works as intended. It wont affect new users who are making good posts because they will get Merit and will reach higher rank sooner or later.
And if you came here to read, discuss and learn something, you don't need to worry about your rank much.
This system have more negative than positive aspects only for spammers. Maybe it's not perfect, but it can be improved in future if needed.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:47:46 PM

let me paraphrase. Merit system is bad because some people are abusing it. Cheesy
If we see it like that Bitcoin is bad because some people are stealing it. Knives are bad because some people are killing with them. Do you see how flawed your logic is OP?
The ones that are abusing the system are always to blame, not the system, because there are no systems that can't be abused.

If you think the system has more negatives than positives please point them all out and we'll see.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:58:18 PM

The only real benefit from ranking up is that you can monetize your time on the forum. If "new entrants" want to "quickly leave" upon the realization that they will actually have to put some time and thought in to what they post, then good riddance to them. The forum has enough copy-pasting, broken English, word salad, and meaningless one liners as it is.
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:09:06 PM

on paper, it's a good idea to bring quality on the forum but there may even be negative effects with this Merit system.

Would it not be much better if you could send the link to these groups so that merit sources or moderators could infiltrate and start obliterating the cheaters.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:18:20 PM

And another useless thread about Merit system... Is it not enough already? Why you didn't posted in one of already existing threads about Merit system?
Cheesy I feel you my friend,its like a popping advertisement and its kind of annoying.It seems that thers still who can't get over with the new system.

We already seen this complaint many times so theres no need for reapeating it.Try to read here first before making a thread.

What a pity.

The forum don't need them anyway,that kind of logic only shows that they're only here to earn on some campaigns.Leaving this forum because of a stagnant rank that can't earn cents.Well,i don't think its negative effect after all,infact all i see is positive.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
Moufidoff (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:50:25 PM

as you can see, only the old accounts who have already gone up in rank, just with time and posting twitters, facebook and other "nice project"  for campaigns are happy with Merit System.

but with this system, new entrants have nothing to gain from using the forum so there will be fewer new entrants, so the campaigns here will not be worth it if there are no more people to see them!

Let's see the crash

Moufidoff (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:54:40 PM

People who are abusing Merit system are getting red trust from DT members. And they will run out of their sMerit because Merit sources and other users will not send them their sMerit.
If spammers who aren't getting any Merit and can't rank up quickly will leave forum, it will prove that Merit system works as intended. It wont affect new users who are making good posts because they will get Merit and will reach higher rank sooner or later.
And if you came here to read, discuss and learn something, you don't need to worry about your rank much.
This system have more negative than positive aspects only for spammers. Maybe it's not perfect, but it can be improved in future if needed.

NO merit you dude! you leveled up just with time and posting twitters, facebook and other "nice project"
I have seen yours posts  Wink

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 04:58:32 PM

NO merit you dude! you leveled up just with time and posting twitters, facebook and other "nice project"
I have seen yours posts  Wink

Wrong - I've just given him a merit. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 6779

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:02:23 PM

as you can see, only the old accounts who have already gone up in rank, just with time and posting twitters, facebook and other "nice project"  for campaigns are happy with Merit System.

but with this system, new entrants have nothing to gain from using the forum so there will be fewer new entrants, so the campaigns here will not be worth it if there are no more people to see them!

Let's see the crash
Then good fucking riddance to the campaigns, then.  And yes I'm in one now, but I'd be happy to see them go.  However, your scenario isn't going to happen, because sig campaigns and the social media ones don't depend on a constant influx of noob shitposters.  There are plenty of high-ranked accounts and not enough campaigns to go around. 

If theymos closed the forum to new participants, campaigns would still exist when you and I are in geriatric diapers. 

The fact is that you're just whining because it takes too much effort now for you to rank up a multitude of accounts.   Fuck off.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Moufidoff (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:08:33 PM

Merit is created for anti-shitposter not for trading and how does it go now? It currently benefit for most of high rank member in bitcointalk forum.
Later on, new members, beside spend a lot of time, have to spend their own money to buy sMerit to reach a higher rank. What a failed system.

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.
Sr, Hero Member, and Legendary start planing on selling their sMerit score and their account with a ton of money.

Currently, another problem is occurred. Merit system has been questioned a lots. Group of people, they will cheat by giving their own team member, partner, friends their Merit score, even their posts are spam posts. How are bitcointalk dev gonna control that?

Good luck with your Merit score and congratulation to those who reached Sr, Hero Member, Legendary rank one more time

Sosmooth

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:15:27 PM

Merit is created for anti-shitposter not for trading and how does it go now? It currently benefit for most of high rank member in bitcointalk forum.
Later on, new members, beside spend a lot of time, have to spend their own money to buy sMerit to reach a higher rank. What a failed system.

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.
Sr, Hero Member, and Legendary start planing on selling their sMerit score and their account with a ton of money.

Currently, another problem is occurred. Merit system has been questioned a lots. Group of people, they will cheat by giving their own team member, partner, friends their Merit score, even their posts are spam posts. How are bitcointalk dev gonna control that?

Good luck with your Merit score and congratulation to those who reached Sr, Hero Member, Legendary rank one more time

totally agree with you my account rank member was hacked so I am  Angry
I lose my faith on that forum. And I think steemit now is my choice.
without newbies , jr member and member, this forum ll fall  bc thats the target for compaigns Cool

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:15:44 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (5)

If you don't like forum GO AWAY.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 6779

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:24:49 PM

Nobody asked those shitposting monkeys to buy merits, accounts, or anything else.   And they're not even supposed to and will get tagged if caught. 

Higher ranked members tend to make the best posts.  Noobs tend to end up here because another monkey told them there's a free lunch on bitcointalk.  So they post in huge megaspam threads that no one reads, and then they wonder why they're not getting merits.  Stupidity at its finest.   

I very much like the Darwin aspect of all this.  I giggle with glee.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Moufidoff (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:36:08 PM

thank you for this post very argued, if I had merit I reward your participation in this post. I expected no less from a heromember  Grin

Moufidoff (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:44:11 PM

Obvious merit abuse (buy/sell and exchange/swap) will be punished by give the account negative trust or/and ban the account which makes the account worthless (read : can't join signature campaign) and the users wasting their limited sMerit and time.
With active users report, merit work as intended. Also, few members generously give merit to members who try to make constructive posts.

If you still don't like the system, go to another discussion forum such as reddit.

the fact is that the high ranks give themselves merits between them, and don't care about constructive posts.

as you can seeon this thread : LTU_btc Hero Member Merited by Jet Cash (1), marlboroza (1)
                         marlboroza Hero Member Merited by The Pharmacist (5)

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:45:14 PM

Actually no, the merit system is specifically made for the new users, because if you haven't notice shitposter and alt farmers have a lot of accounts that are full member or lower because it takes them more time to reach the other ranks, and the system does not benefit the poeple who joind a long time agao, if you are posting under-quality posts and have reached Legendary rank, than you probably can get away with it, but in case you haven't read the ranking requirements, Sr, Members and Hero Memebers have to get a lot of merits in order to rank up.

People selling or exchanging merits can easily be identified, thats what the merit history is for, if a memeber gets a lot of merits for a shitposts poeple can see that, if he gets merited for a good post than good for him there is no harm in it, but the point is people who are abusing the system sooner or later will get caught.
Moufidoff (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:46:42 PM

Merited by The Pharmacist (5) for 7 words but very high quality Post .  LMAO

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

You must stop complaining, and everyone must deal with this new situation (Merit system) by improving their behaviors (quality post, ideas, Staying away from scamming...), So the situation has changed and no one can now easily rise in rank, this is the opposite of what happened in the previous period. As well, every user must now give a greater effort to gain merit points, if you cannot do it, then you must stay away from this forum and do something else because the merit system will not be removed.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:30:19 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1)

thank you for this post very argued, if I had merit I reward your participation in this post. I expected no less from a heromember  Grin

Merited by The Pharmacist (5) for 7 words but very high quality Post .  LMAO
You are breaking forum rules.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: