Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:37:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to not waste time with terrible bounties - for dummies  (Read 480 times)
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:27:57 PM

Actually , forum rank of campaign manager is not the guarantee you will get paid . In my practice ,  Legendary managers didn't pay me twice , as well as member managers . I don't know that was their fault , or project just scammed them , but this is a naked fact that - forum rank of manager mean nothing . More important thing is a reputation of a manager , I know there are a lot of managers , who cares about reputation and their campaigns always went smoothly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:50:33 PM

Actually , forum rank of campaign manager is not the guarantee you will get paid . In my practice ,  Legendary managers didn't pay me twice , as well as member managers . I don't know that was their fault , or project just scammed them , but this is a naked fact that - forum rank of manager mean nothing . More important thing is a reputation of a manager , I know there are a lot of managers , who cares about reputation and their campaigns always went smoothly.
i agree in this point , having a low rank manager doesn't mean that project is scam , and to fit all these requirements ,you probably will end up with only 1-2 bounties .

alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:53:17 AM

excellent advice, but there are exceptions on which you can earn a lot.
in one of the companies I earned 1eth for 4 weeks. I did one retweet and repost a week. there were few participants and the team collected the softcap and paid everything. despite the fact that there was a terrible whitepaper
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

Hello everyone,

As more and more bounties are giant waste of time, I decided to write up a summary of how to choose a boutny correctly. For dummies. As anyone with some experience already knows this. Most ouf us, boutny hunters got burned at least once. I want to help prevent that.

Step 1

Read the white paper.

I mean it, READ the frikin' whitepaper.
You can tell a lot from whitepaper. Does it sound familiar? Is it ultra impossible? Is it just plain shi... shinny pile of crap?! AVOID IT!

There is no reason to waste good amount of your time with an ICO bounty without really interesting, reasonably long and creative whitepaper. Any good ICO will take their time and produce quality, mistake-free and polished white paper.

Step 2

Check your possible income.

This might seem like a no-brainer, but I have seen not one too many, but TWO too many people wasting their time for really, REALLY low reward. Why would you waste X hours of your time for 10% of a reward you could get from a different ICO?

Know your price. You must know how much you value your time. To get the expected income, you need to know the following:
  • Total coin supply
  • ICO price per unit
  • Price per coin of similar project
  • Expected coins per stake

I, personaly, avoid bounties with set amount of coins/tokens as reward. Well there might be some exceptions, if the set reward is high enough, but there is a problem of authors knowing exactly how much they are willing to pay you. But if you go with the route of stakes, you are likely to get much higher reward. If the authors are willing to give 100 000$ for translation bounty, and you end up being only 1 of 20 participants in this ICO, your reward would be much higher than, let's say, reward of 60 000 tokens worth 0,01$ each.

Total coin supply will tell you, how could the coin/token grow after the listing. Coins with really high total supply will msot likely drop like and apple on Newton's head after listing. So try to participate in the bounties of ICOs with low total coin supply.

Check the spreadsheet before going in, if there are already 1 zillion people liste for the bounty you are interested it, it might be too late to accumulate enough stakes for you and you would get only a little reward. Also check the spreadsheet even after pariticipating regularly and divide the total bounty with already given out stakes and multiply it by your stakes. Count if this ICO is still nicely profiting one, or if it just became a waste of time.

Similar projects might give you an insight into the expected price after the listing.

Step 3

Admit a mistake.

Everyone makes mistakes. You are everyone. Don't be stubborn, get out of failed bounties, save your time, get yourself an ice cream as a consolation prize.

If in the process of working for some ICO in a boutny program you figure out, that this ICO is a fraud, stop working for them. It is that simple. Do not promote thiefs. Don't let other people get robbed by terrible ICO, which will jsut grab their money and disapper. Take the loss like a human you are (see? gender neutral!) and move on.

UPDATE
Thanks for great feedback. After reading through comments, i decided to add an update with step 4!

Step 4

Check the bounty manager and the team.

If the ICO is managed by newbie or Jr. Member bounty manager, you might want to avoid it. Try looking at the past projects of the bounty manager. Were the projects successfull? Does the bounty manager has great positive feedback? On the other hand, if he is negative-trusted, avoid him completly. If the past projects were really successfull, you can be pretty much sure, that you will receive the promised reward.

Also you can see the team behind the project msotly around the end of a whitepaper or on the website. Check their previous experiences. Google them. check their profile pictures, if they are taken from the internet or if they are genuine. Do you due diligence, don't be lazy!

Those 4 steps are the absolute minimum you need to know before and right after getting into a bounty program. I hope this article will help someone. Until next time, BYE!

I couldn't agree more mate, well done for pointing it out that way. Some of these things are a must and people feel that is not needed. Research is a must and patience is key.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 10:26:26 AM

This is one of the useful posts I have read on this forum. I confess that many of what you have written was completely new to me.
By reading it I recognize many of the mistakes I have made so far myself due to lack of experience.
Nevertheless, I believe luck plays an important role in whether someone will make a profit or not because many good bounties do not have a good development and then fail.
Even a good manager cannot save a good bounty.
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:29:56 AM

Hello everyone,

As more and more bounties are giant waste of time, I decided to write up a summary of how to choose a boutny correctly. For dummies. As anyone with some experience already knows this. Most ouf us, boutny hunters got burned at least once. I want to help prevent that.

Step 1

Read the white paper.

I mean it, READ the frikin' whitepaper.
You can tell a lot from whitepaper. Does it sound familiar? Is it ultra impossible? Is it just plain shi... shinny pile of crap?! AVOID IT!

There is no reason to waste good amount of your time with an ICO bounty without really interesting, reasonably long and creative whitepaper. Any good ICO will take their time and produce quality, mistake-free and polished white paper.

Step 2

Check your possible income.

This might seem like a no-brainer, but I have seen not one too many, but TWO too many people wasting their time for really, REALLY low reward. Why would you waste X hours of your time for 10% of a reward you could get from a different ICO?

Know your price. You must know how much you value your time. To get the expected income, you need to know the following:
  • Total coin supply
  • ICO price per unit
  • Price per coin of similar project
  • Expected coins per stake

I, personaly, avoid bounties with set amount of coins/tokens as reward. Well there might be some exceptions, if the set reward is high enough, but there is a problem of authors knowing exactly how much they are willing to pay you. But if you go with the route of stakes, you are likely to get much higher reward. If the authors are willing to give 100 000$ for translation bounty, and you end up being only 1 of 20 participants in this ICO, your reward would be much higher than, let's say, reward of 60 000 tokens worth 0,01$ each.

Total coin supply will tell you, how could the coin/token grow after the listing. Coins with really high total supply will msot likely drop like and apple on Newton's head after listing. So try to participate in the bounties of ICOs with low total coin supply.

Check the spreadsheet before going in, if there are already 1 zillion people liste for the bounty you are interested it, it might be too late to accumulate enough stakes for you and you would get only a little reward. Also check the spreadsheet even after pariticipating regularly and divide the total bounty with already given out stakes and multiply it by your stakes. Count if this ICO is still nicely profiting one, or if it just became a waste of time.

Similar projects might give you an insight into the expected price after the listing.

Step 3

Admit a mistake.

Everyone makes mistakes. You are everyone. Don't be stubborn, get out of failed bounties, save your time, get yourself an ice cream as a consolation prize.

If in the process of working for some ICO in a boutny program you figure out, that this ICO is a fraud, stop working for them. It is that simple. Do not promote thiefs. Don't let other people get robbed by terrible ICO, which will jsut grab their money and disapper. Take the loss like a human you are (see? gender neutral!) and move on.

UPDATE
Thanks for great feedback. After reading through comments, i decided to add an update with step 4!

Step 4

Check the bounty manager and the team.

If the ICO is managed by newbie or Jr. Member bounty manager, you might want to avoid it. Try looking at the past projects of the bounty manager. Were the projects successfull? Does the bounty manager has great positive feedback? On the other hand, if he is negative-trusted, avoid him completly. If the past projects were really successfull, you can be pretty much sure, that you will receive the promised reward.

Also you can see the team behind the project msotly around the end of a whitepaper or on the website. Check their previous experiences. Google them. check their profile pictures, if they are taken from the internet or if they are genuine. Do you due diligence, don't be lazy!

Those 4 steps are the absolute minimum you need to know before and right after getting into a bounty program. I hope this article will help someone. Until next time, BYE!

step 2 and step 4 is the most important part here when joining bounty campaign. you should take a look at a good campaign manager with a good reputation.
sometimes joining bounty campaign who was already hyped is not a good choice. less participants = more stakes you will get.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: