Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We humans...  (Read 850 times)
interlagos (OP)

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:00:34 PM

..are in manifestation mode now.

According to bitcoinwatch the Bitcoin Network has reached 1 petahash of aggregate performance.

Time to celebrate! Smiley
www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8WQMjuePC0#t=2m17s
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:42:08 AM

Can you dumb this down for me?  Huh
interlagos (OP)

Activity: 496

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:24:45 PM

Can you dumb this down for me?  Huh

Sure:
http://books.google.fi/books/about/The_Explorer_Race.html?id=EUo6PQAACAAJ
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:21:02 AM

..are in manifestation mode now.

According to bitcoinwatch the Bitcoin Network has reached 1 petahash of aggregate performance.

Time to celebrate! Smiley
www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8WQMjuePC0#t=2m17s

lots of ASIC miners, but there will be more to come for sure!
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:51:54 PM

Where is the top, that's what I want to know
bythesea

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:35:16 PM

If all that "power" would be used for something greater then a  personal gain it would something worth of attention and praise. If we all combine our unused processing power from 100s of millions of computers we would achieve much much more. But we are only "there" to make money, nothing else....
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:42:00 PM

If all that "power" would be used for something greater then a  personal gain it would something worth of attention and praise. If we all combine our unused processing power from 100s of millions of computers we would achieve much much more. But we are only "there" to make money, nothing else....

Its a long long way, dont freak out dude, do your job well be fine
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:55:08 PM

Yeah its too bad curecoins never took off.
Primecoin is the closest thing we have to useful mining.
Anyways ASICs ain't going to pay themselves son. (or maybe they will  Wink)
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:18:02 PM

reality check dude!
bythesea

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:35:18 PM

reality check dude!

How long did it took you to come up with 3 words? No really do enlighten me?

If you are, hmm lets say not looking at a bigger picture it is your problem. All I said it is not hard to achieve something without the bigger goal in mind. Yes combined power is Ok, and it is only used for a single purpose and that is to make money, nothing else. Also reality check, as you surf the web, watch movies, listen to music on your computer, only a small part of your computer power is used, what do you think would be the power of a lets say network containing every computer in the world.
So reaching a petahash inst a big deal considering every week there are new miners out there made for only one purpose, to make money.
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:44:40 PM

reality check dude!

How long did it took you to come up with 3 words? No really do enlighten me?

If you are, hmm lets say not looking at a bigger picture it is your problem. All I said it is not hard to achieve something without the bigger goal in mind. Yes combined power is Ok, and it is only used for a single purpose and that is to make money, nothing else. Also reality check, as you surf the web, watch movies, listen to music on your computer, only a small part of your computer power is used, what do you think would be the power of a lets say network containing every computer in the world.
So reaching a petahash inst a big deal considering every week there are new miners out there made for only one purpose, to make money.
Well mining is also the fuel that makes the blockchain work.
Without it you can't make transactions.
bythesea

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 06:15:52 PM

I never disputed that. All I said is that I don't find that reaching petahash is something amazing and unexpected considering new miners come each week and new ppl thinking they will earn quick money.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:47:11 PM

Where is the top, that's what I want to know

There is no top, that's for sure!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: