Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A growing social threat to our community.  (Read 6113 times)
Anonymous

July 18, 2011, 01:58:11 AM

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=333#post393631440

It seems we have a group of dissident rogues that wish to harass us and -- at times -- damage the property of members of our community. It's best we keep ourselves aware, especially the proprietors of this forum. They create accounts to only lay waste to otherwise great conversation.

Godspeed.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lacedwithkerosene

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 02:01:10 AM

rofl. shrug it off, Atlas.

Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:01:32 AM

Somehow I think that link is more damaging... to one's brain cells.
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:21:26 AM

Somehow I think that link is more damaging... to one's brain cells.

Yeah. Very very true.
 I suppose to ignore all that.

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 02:22:23 AM

Quote from: Good Citizen
Atlas banished me back to the newbie area. Of course, I was posting as FAtlas, had a fat version of his avatar, and was quoting each of his posts and adding a lisp. Still, it was kind of a dick move.

Dunno why, but this tickled me Cheesy
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:39:13 AM

Hey, Atlas, at least wrap that link around code tags, or your intention is to give them backlinks?  Cheesy
BusinessMan

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:39:46 AM

If mods need further proof they are in here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=15747.140

JeffK, Giraffe.BC, digigalt, bosschair and possibly PinkiePie among others I'd imagine. They are on these forums just to troll and do nothing else. A lot of the proof is in their posting history.

This thread was created in the development forum just to troll and mock Vegetta: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=29470.0

How is this not grounds for ban?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12865

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:52:22 AM

Report any trolls you see.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:55:50 AM

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=333#post393631440

It seems we have a group of dissident rogues that wish to harass us and -- at times -- damage the property of members of our community. It's best we keep ourselves aware, especially the proprietors of this forum. They create accounts to only lay waste to otherwise great conversation.

Godspeed.

I hate to break it to you but somethingawful has been trolling this forum for ages now, causing enough disruption for that awful market crash back in june.

Also if you're gonna start a troll witchhunt you're going to alienate a lot of innocent people, just so you know.
BusinessMan

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:58:09 AM

Godspeed.

I hate to break it to you but somethingawful has been trolling this forum for ages now, causing enough disruption for that awful market crash back in june.

Also if you're gonna start a troll witchhunt you're going to alienate a lot of innocent people, just so you know.

It's not a witchhunt if they have all low post counts all dedicated to Vegetta and Atlas threads which most of the people I listed have.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:02:45 AM

This forum starts to suck anyway. If you cheerlead bitcoin or your political ideology too much, you are bound to get rude comments about it.

If you love bitcoin, we already know that you are part of the tribe.

Moar entrepreneurship, less tribal posturing.

elk-tamer

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:06:00 AM

Quote from: Good Citizen
Atlas banished me back to the newbie area. Of course, I was posting as FAtlas, had a fat version of his avatar, and was quoting each of his posts and adding a lisp. Still, it was kind of a dick move.

Dunno why, but this tickled me Cheesy
ditto, except I know why.
onesalt

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:28:22 AM

Godspeed.

It's not a witchhunt if they have all low post counts all dedicated to Vegetta and Atlas threads which most of the people I listed have.

No, but going "OH YOU DISAGREE WITH ME HUH? YOU'RE A TROLL AND THEREFORE BANNED" is.

So don't let it descend to that, tia.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:02:16 AM

What post in specific is this about? I mean, is it really any news that there are people from places like that coming over here?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
digigalt

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:07:52 AM

Atlas has no say on my character, and I caution you to take anything he says about me with a grain of salt. Giving Vegetta constructive criticism - and backing it up with hard evidence - isn't trolling. Any idiot can verify, simply by visit his site and doing simple math, that 82% of the posts on his forum were made by him. How is that trolling?
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:12:15 AM

Pretty sure that crash didn't have anything to do with the trolls.  There were several factors involved, all of them more significant than some fools spamming "SELL SELL SELL".
BusinessMan

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:13:20 AM

Atlas has no say on my character, and I caution you to take anything he says about me with a grain of salt. Giving Vegetta constructive criticism - and backing it up with hard evidence - isn't trolling. Any idiot can verify, simply by visit his site and doing simple math, that 82% of the posts on his forum were made by him. How is that trolling?

When you laugh and mock the person offsite and encourage a forum invasion pretty much (which is against your forum's rules last I checked) that is trolling. Don't come here with this bullshit about being a white knight here to save the bitcoin community from the evils of Vegetta and Atlas and at the same time you viciously mock the community for 335 pages on your forum filled with passive aggressive, mentally broken social rejects.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:23:40 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 04:38:05 AM by kiba

Mock whoever you like. Just don't contribute useless drivel, being rude and insulting to bitcoiners, and especially encouraging Atlas to go ranting about his idealogy.

JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:53:18 AM

If mods need further proof they are in here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=15747.140

JeffK, Giraffe.BC, digigalt, bosschair and possibly PinkiePie among others I'd imagine. They are on these forums just to troll and do nothing else. A lot of the proof is in their posting history.

This thread was created in the development forum just to troll and mock Vegetta: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=29470.0

How is this not grounds for ban?

You are a slanderous liar and I will not let you speak of me this way. What is more damaging to this forum: my occasional dry, sarcastic tone of advice towards people like Vegetta, or his vitriol towards everyone that gives him advice combined with his sheer idiocy?
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:55:24 AM

When you laugh and mock the person offsite and encourage a forum invasion pretty much (which is against your forum's rules last I checked) that is trolling. Don't come here with this bullshit about being a white knight here to save the bitcoin community from the evils of Vegetta and Atlas and at the same time you viciously mock the community for 335 pages on your forum filled with passive aggressive, mentally broken social rejects.

You are very observant to spot forums full of mentally broken social rejects like that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: