Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 04:50:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AIRDROP: Sending zero ETH?  (Read 678 times)
Midsign

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:46:02 PM

Well, I try as much as possible to stay aware from airdrops that request gas fees.

I believe legit airdrops just airdrop their tokens to its community like the likes of STK.
strict9

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:34:40 AM

The only harm I see from participating in 0 ETH airdrops is no different than the rest of cryptospace.  Meaning your investment may go to zero. (or stay at zero in this case)

It's unfortunate that there are many scammers dropping shitcoins in this way which gives this distribution method a bad rep, but it's essentially just a software (smart contract) controlled distribution.  You could argue that it goes around many of the regulations and red tape other more legit coins need to deal with, but I don't think it makes it inherently less safe.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:43:14 AM

The only harm I see from participating in 0 ETH airdrops is no different than the rest of cryptospace.  Meaning your investment may go to zero. (or stay at zero in this case)

It's unfortunate that there are many scammers dropping shitcoins in this way which gives this distribution method a bad rep, but it's essentially just a software (smart contract) controlled distribution.  You could argue that it goes around many of the regulations and red tape other more legit coins need to deal with, but I don't think it makes it inherently less safe.
0 ETH airdrop is not worth to participate, just like you are sending zero ethereum transaction but you will get any shitcoin as a return for your transaction the fact that you will be lost on its transaction fees.

I remember my friend was paying around 0.000xxx ethereum to participate in the 0 ETH airdrop but that was getting some shitcoin that worth only not more than 0.0000xxx
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:22:44 PM

I believe it's safe and OK to send 0 Eth.  You are at no risk,  moreover the token creator receives nothing from such transaction.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:01:23 PM

Be careful with ETH airdrops don't show your adress with your all deposit. If you participate in airdrops then often change your wallets.
Dergansion

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

https://www.snbtoken.io/

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 01:01:43 AM

I think it's a waste because too many airdrop program via send 0 eth but the coin is not sold in pasaran.dan ico his program was not clear .. we just throw eth gas in vain .. even though the number of coins its a lot but not sold in the market because there is no clear project that is developed by the developer of the coin

Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:04:15 AM

Lately there's an increase in Airdrops requesting bounty hunters to send zero (0) ETH to claim tokens. Of course, one is advised to reduce gwei to 1 or 2.

My question, how safe is this transaction and is it really worth it?

If they are promising you something worth more than the cost of your gas transaction fee then i see no harm in sending.

They are probably just using a smart contract to distribute airdrop tokens. The way it works is that when the contract records your transaction, it automatically identifies your wallet address and then send a corresponding airdrop to your wallet address in return.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
NineBall

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:18:23 AM

maybe it happens because the price gwei currently expensive, so they want gwei paid by us. they should not be harmed by a gwei deduction, because it is not expensive

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
aquantivis86

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:21:48 AM

It is totally to streamline distribution in the case of token ICOs as it gives the smart contract a way to know who to send the tokens to without a lot of developer overhead.
marvtridon

Activity: 151
Merit: 3

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:40:40 PM

at the moment, i dont think this is any way dangerous. This is just a way to trigger smart contract to deliver tokens to you. THe only one i wont get involved is when i am asked to send some fractions of eth like 0.0001. this is outright scam. imagine if 100,000 people sent to that wallet, it has accumulated some good salary of a month of some people in parts of the world.

CRYPTASSIST.io   |▌  ICO has Started  ▶  JOIN NOW!
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD   ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:11:46 PM

Airdrops are always meant to be a coin that is being sent free of charge from the coin owners without paying a ETH. but now are days we are now being asked to send ETH as a transaction fee for sending of our airdrop token which might not even be sent at the end of the transaction. most a times they will send you coin that is not even worth your gas which u send to them, sometimes the coin will just be occupying space in your wallet which it will not be listed in any exchange.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: