Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Trading Platform  (Read 3271 times)
NYConsultant (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 04:43:44 AM

I've been working on a trading client similar in functionality to Trade Station, that allows users to develop automated strategies using a simple scripting language.  As an fx trader; used to Bloomberg terminals, and pretty much direct connection to the exchange; trying to trade through the MtGox is nearly impossible.  Would anyone be interested in such a project; or know of any similar projects under development?

I'm thinking of building the front-end with either WPF; since i've seen some pretty impressive trading UI's built with the framework.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aithran

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:41:51 PM

I had been thinking about a similar project, but I am curious if it might be possible to just write an extension to tradestation or metatrader instead of coming up with the whole frontend.
EpStROM

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:33:21 PM

This would be great, since it can provide a better graphics and tools, but I'm not sure if it's possilbe to write a extension to metatrader
aithran

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:35:27 PM

I'm going to look into it a little, but I'm not sure my coding skills are up to it.

I found this though:
http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4-mql-4-development-course/3395-create-your-own-metatrader-extension-dll.html
NYConsultant (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 07:04:41 AM

I'm going to look into it a little, but I'm not sure my coding skills are up to it.

I found this though:
http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4-mql-4-development-course/3395-create-your-own-metatrader-extension-dll.html

This looks pretty promising; and would probably yield a better result (using an industry standard platform instead of rolling my own)
aithran

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 03:02:35 PM

My thoughts. No need to redo all of the work. (Plus I could use my existing forex robots Tongue)

BitSense Informatics

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 06:16:45 PM

I've been playing with the same sort of idea as well, minus the automated trading piece (at least in the first version).  I hope to have an initial version out there in the next couple of weeks.  What are some of the WPF based trading platforms that you have been looking at?

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 06:19:34 PM

I'm not so interested in automated trading, but would like a platform with basic analytical tools, such as trend lines, channels, fib retracement, Vol % tool (that shows intraday volume as a % of some specified daily average), etc. This is really basic stuff, and maybe Mt. Gox already offers this (haven't tried it).  
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 12:10:42 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 01:43:10 AM by Keyur @ Camp BX

Hi everyone,
      If you guys are interested in some trading tools, I can point out a few that are already available to Camp BX users (and couple other exchanges as well).

1) SierraChart (www.SierraChart.com):
A free plugin from Slush allows you to take Camp BX historic data and feed it into SierraChart Technical Analysis tool.

If you are not familiar with SierraChart, it is a desktop application that provides a professional Trading, Real-time and Historical Charting, and Technical Analysis platform for the financial markets. Despite a somewhat steep learning curve, it is very strong tool for professional technical analysis.

Steps to install and configure SierraChart for Camp BX:
  • Download and install SierraChart software using default settings and data directory.
  • Download SierraChartfeed.exe for bitcoin markets.
  • Start the feed by typing "sierrachartfeed.exe -s cbxUSD" at the command prompt.
(Help on all parameters can be obtained by typing "sierrachartfeed.exe --help" at the command prompt.)
  • Launch SierraChart software
  • Go to File Menu->New/Open Intraday Chart and select cbxUSD.scid
  • Customize your view using F5 (chart settings) and F6 (analysis/studies) menus.
  • That's it!

If you like the feed plugin, please consider making a donation at Slush's Bitcoin address 1FNTpsLm8Mitdd99YC1tHSyN2dVMdQiWYo

2) PHP Library for Camp BX:
The Camp BX API PHP client library is implements all API calls for Camp BX. The author of this library is BTCHash of SourceWerks LLC , and library is an open-source effort available under the GPLv3 license.

The library, PHP example code, and documentation are available at this link:
https://bitbucket.org/brandonbeasley/campbx-php/overview

If you like the library, please consider making a donation towards Brandon's open-source efforts at Bitcoin address 1J9XU1C4yfcQhAbRHWxokv16HYLLQVMp5X

3) DIY:
If you want to write custom code, please consider our library which provides some advanced functionality for trading:
https://www.CampBX.com/api.php

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask questions!
      Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: