Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:50:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why suicide cases are increasing  (Read 1608 times)
Alien_faucet

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:22:46 PM

The number of depressed people is also increasing, that's why suicide is also increasing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcnope

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:56:58 AM

One of the main reason why suicide cases that are being reported kept on increasing is also due to the fact that the changes in the current society forces individual to try and keep up. Giving people more stress that can pile up. Until the time that the only solution for them to be able to escape the situation that they are in is the easiest way out which is suicide. I know this topic is so much sensitive but in order to stop or minimoze the number of people who is thinking of committing the act we need to understand them as well.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 05:09:13 AM

depression and could not find a way out of their problems. the powerful reason people easy to commit suicide without thinking how the fate of the people they leave behind. a lot of good its family issues, the economy, and romance that makes people to easily do so.

Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:24:16 AM

Depressions and low self-esteems are one of the reasons why there are a lot of suicide cases.

Suicide cases increase because of the problems around us. We may think that a simple word can never harm anyone, but for someone who is in the extent of tolerating problems, it may cause him or her to just give up his or her life. So, we need to start making this world a little better, and we can start by using encouraging words to one another.
Micinz87

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:34:00 AM

Depressions and low self-esteems are one of the reasons why there are a lot of suicide cases.

Menurut saya banyak yang salah menilai dari kehidupan, kebanyakan bunuh diri dilakukan karena masalah ekonomi yang rendah, dan juga emosi yang tak terkendali untuk menyelesaikan sebuah masalah.
fahad.khan

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:36:21 AM

I think the basic reason for depression now a days is social media, Because on social media we " compare our lives with others" and others always post their happy moments and not the sad ones. That makes us even more depress and frustrated the height of which leads one to suicide or use of chemicals/drugs.
One should LIVE his own life and never compare it with others. That's not absolute but an effective solution.
Alghoritma

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:39:09 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 03:51:25 PM by Alghoritma

Seorang depresi banyak yang tidak bisa menyelesaikan dengan kepala dingin, tetapi menyelesaikan dengan fikiran emosional. Disitulah terjadinya depresi.
Mcoinzy

Activity: 18
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:46:45 AM

Rain is caused by water guys !

What does this mean?
santosummer

Activity: 170

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:33:32 AM

that is the essence of human cowardice in society. they are selfish and lack of responsibility to the family and society of mistakes and lost!
GianSnow26

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:33:50 AM

Suicide cases are increasing because our world is such a stressful place. Stress causes people to have depression and lack of faith and positivity that will lead to comitting suicide.
omarsir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:24:13 AM

Suicide cases are increasing because of many other mental deppretion, anxiety, mental pain and so on. these are the main cause increasing suicide case. Besides, lead a happy life is very easy now,then sometimes suicide case lead by family and personal matter. I agree with some topics..
Vimukkthi Vithanage

Activity: 331

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:29:44 AM

Yes , very good topic to discuss and important when considering the suicide cases increasing rate. Only reason is stress and loneliness keep it building.
handyhuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:28:10 PM

For me suicide cases increasing because of stress then lack of guidance and a comfort to make the divertion of mind.
mashedtasks6

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:50:10 AM

Many people commit suicide because they have failed themselves in some way.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:09:47 AM

It keeps on increasing because more people are not being understood by others. They always think that if its the interest of everyone, then everyone should get along. A person will only think about committing suicide when there's no one else who understand him/her. Most of the time they won't show that they are depressed and keep everything inside them. Whenever you heard someone talks about committing suicide, help the person right away. Talk to him/her, be with her and make sure that you made them feel that you were there for them no matter what. 

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Torrenth

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:22:08 AM

Suicide can be caused by various problems, the first such as economic problems, everyone has a different economy so that if someone who has a low economic level then has a lot of debt and can not pay it then he felt pressured to trigger suicide. the second broken heart, usually most teenagers who often experience heartbreak then there is a thought in their brain to end his life and commit suicide, I think it's all stupid things that should not be done, because in our life we have a lot of effort and hard work.
Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:34:13 AM

Because problem of people is also increasing, problem in money, family and love life. Suicide is their way to escape their problem, they dont want to think anymore, they dont want to suffer anymore! But for me i want to do that because of some problem, id rather face the problem than to kill my self, i want to live more and i want to be with my family until God get my life. Only God can decide when he will get us, so please face your problem, its the solution of all your problem.
duskycowardicel

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:14:10 AM

Loneliness according to me is the main reason why people want to commit suicide.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:58:46 AM

Having more idle time than working hard can make someone think of ending his life. But if he is busy of something like planting something on his small lot and having someone to look after like a wife and a kid, will make a suicidal person think of the future of his kids. Idle time is the worse time of the life of someone, he or she has to have something pass time.
akalanka

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:16:27 AM

Those of us who work in pediatric intensive care have frequent encounters with the problem of suicide and attempted suicide. It has seemed to me for some years that the numbers are increasing, and this has been shown to be the case. After years of declining, the suicide rate in our country has been increasing, now at about 125% of the rate of several decades ago.

This increase accelerated after 2006. Although all age groups showed an increase, the rate among women, particularly adolescent girls, took a notable jump. In 2012 suicide was the second leading cause of death in adolescents ages 12 to 19 years, accounting for more deaths in this age group than cancer, heart disease, influenza, pneumonia, diabetes mellitus, human immunodeficiency virus, and stroke combined. Here are some recent statistics of women from the CDC, although they don't quite break out adolescents they way I would like.

Actual suicide is just the tip of the iceberg, since, at least among adolescent girls who attempt it, typically, with a drug overdose, there are as many as 90 attempts for every death. Since a large number of these attempts end up in the PICU, I'm not surprised we are seeing more and more of them come through our doors. A few other points are worth noting here. The success statistics for adolescent boys are unfortunately much higher because boys tend to use more violent means than girls, such as hanging, firearms, or automobiles.

However, although rates for boys are up slightly, they really haven't changed much. It's also important to realize suicide attempts are a spectrum -- some are more serious than others. Many girls take an overdose and then immediately tell somebody about it. These are often called suicide gestures and can be quite impulsive. Some use the term "cry for help" to describe them. More ominous are children who carefully plan, such as by hoarding powerful drugs in secret and taking them in a setting where they won't be found. They may leave a suicide note. I couldn't find any data about whether these different categories are discordant in the rate increase, but I assume the two are tracking together. Finally, a child may not know which drugs are truly dangerous. I have seen very serious suicide attempts by children who take overdoses of what we know to be innocuous medications, but the child does not. Regardless of what category the attempt is, of course, the child needs mental health services subsequently. These days we find a child's text messages to be very helpful. So why the increase in adolescent girls?

Presumably, suicide rates are rough and ready markers for rates of depression. Is teen depression increasing? A 2006 study says no, at least up until then. What about the last decade, since 2006 appears to be the year suicide rates inflected upward in adolescent girls. I did find a snapshot for 2015 from the CDC of the number of adolescents who experienced a major depressive episode during the year -- girls were nearly 20%.

A recent study in Pediatrics, the journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, found a nearly 50% increase in adolescent depression over the past 11 years. Mental health problems are notoriously difficult to study because, of course, we have no definitive test for them -- no blood test, no fancy brain scans. We mostly rely on surveys. Still, it does seem something changed about a decade ago, and this is probably reflected in the increase in suicide attempts among girls at roughly the same rate as the increase in major depression.

There are a few other things to keep in mind. Prescriptions of antidepressants have increased dramatically, particularly of drugs in the class we call selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Common brand names for these are Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, and Zoloft. There has been concern that in the short term after starting them, SSRIs may actually increase thoughts about suicide in adolescents. Another new development is social media. Teenagers, especially those in difficult home situations or who are socially isolated, are quite susceptible to bullying behavior, and cyberbullying has emerged as a new threat to such children. There have been several dramatic cases in the news about suicides following cyberbullying.

I'm sorry to say I really don't know what explains these increasing rates, except to point out the overall rate of suicide for the whole population has also increased to some extent; it was 10.5 deaths per 100,000 persons in 1999 and is now 13 per 100,000. Middle-aged males have seen a dramatic jump in rates. It appears to me that, for many possible reasons, there is more social anxiety and depression in America, which in turn increases suicide rates. Adolescent girls are feeling this in particular. You might say our entire society is issuing a cry for help.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: