Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AwesomeMiner Coin Updater *Version 1.0.0* (Plugin)  (Read 16428 times)
soothaa (OP)

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:54:52 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 11:20:29 AM by soothaa
Merited by CjMapope (5), suchmoon (4), cashen (4), crairezx20 (2), puwaha (1), moppidoo (1)

I get a lot of PMs asking me about my custom AwesomeMiner coin program so I have decided to release it. (You can find AwesomeMiner here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0)

I'm happy to release what I consider to be a rather complete 1.0 version of AMCU!

I am doing this because I have finally landed myself what looks to be a very promising and busy new day job and will probably not even have enough time to manage my miners let alone continue development of this program. I will check in hopefully every week or so gather new exchange requests. Thank you all for the donations and merit, they really do motivate me to continue!

Happy mining all!

This is not for the technically illiterate. I am making nothing off this program. I do not offer support. I will however, be monitoring for good ideas, enhancements, etc. This is a rough first second n+1 release. There WILL be bugs.

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 1.0.0
  • Added Altex.Exchange
  • Added requested "non-averaging" mode - setting "AverageDifficulties" to "false" in "settings.json" will now dump current difficulties into AwesomeMiner
  • Cleaned up code, de-duplicated things, hopefully made it overall more stable

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.8
  • Major cleanup to the console output. Hopefully this should make errors much easier to understand
  • Added support for the stupid Iquidus explorers that modify their difficulty with "POW/POS
  • BETA(as if this thing isn't beta enough): Added a difficulty sniffer. This should hopefully be able to find the difficulty from almost any BlockExplorer now without having to explicitly add support.

You can find the latest update in the Mega link.

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.7.4
  • Fixed bugs introduced in 0.7.3

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.7.3
  • Added Support for TradeOgre Exchange
  • Will be doing more today.

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.7.2
  • Perhaps an update to the plugin could compare the coin at all exchanges and display the value back of the highest price given any exchange the coin is listed on.
  • ^ yeah, I'm feeling lazy today and just quoted this

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.7
  • Added support for Insight Explorer API
  • Added support for any coin at minerpool, see example below or in OP
  • Added support for using /api/getdifficulty on Iquidus explorers
  • Fixed WebAPI not returning the latest released version

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.6
  • Did you know that adding 0 and -1 to an array of values kind of destroys a calculated average? I did! But I didn't check for it!
  • Fixed numerous bugs in the averaging function (thank you all you eagle eyed mathematicians out there)
  • Added support for Crex24 exchange
  • Increased coin updating from every minute to 2 minutes (some explorers were banning us)

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.5.3 (Requires AwesomeMiner 4.5 Release)
  • I have no idea what I fixed in this release
  • I think I fixed some bug with an exchange currency matching
  • Maybe changed up the difficulty averaging method

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.5.1 (Requires AwesomeMiner 4.5 Release)
  • Removed NuGet package that was causing exe to get flagged as a Trojan
  • Added autogenerator for config.json (just run the exe)

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.5 (Requires AwesomeMiner 4.5 Release)
  • Added support for Graviex Exchange
  • Added support for cryptohub.online Exchange
  • Fixed an issue with changes from Stocks.Exchange (or tradesatoshi.. can't remember)
  • General improvements/clarifications in the console

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.4 (Requires AwesomeMiner 4.5 Release)
  • Added support for SouthXChange
  • Added smart BlockExplorer detection - you no longer need to specify BlockExplorer type!
  • Updated config.json file to include new coins and support removal of BlockExplorer type (merge config.json.new with your existing config.json)
  • Added version detection, you will now see an alert within the program if you are running an out of date version
  • Added framework for supporting planned coin syncing

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.3 (Requires AwesomeMiner 4.5 Release)
  • Added support for UExplorer
  • Added support for any coin on CryptoChainz
  • Added support for CryptoBridge Exchange

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.2 (Requires AwesomeMiner 4.4.7 Dev or 4.5 Release)
  • Changed away from nethash to difficulty measurements (delete your LocalCoinData.json file)
  • Now updates all coin properties thanks to new AwesomeMiner HTTP APIs
  • You no longer have to add custom coins, they are created for you thanks to new AwesomeMiner HTTP APIs
  • Updated config.json to support these new changes. You MUST update your custom coins to the new format.
  • Made the error messages more obvious about what is going on

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.1

Details:
  • Updates coin statistics inside of AwesomeMiner for coins not on WhatToMine. This can be extremely useful for new and bleeding edge coins.
  • The income values will be very far off at first run. The program pulls the current nethash difficulty of each coin and stores them and smooths it out after a few minutes to hours. Maximum of 24 hours data is used.
  • Caches exchange prices to prevent API limits. Useful for starting up and debugging.

Supported BlockExplorers
  • Iquidus
  • CryptoNote
  • UExplorer
  • CryptoChainz
  • Insight API
  • Minerpool (not a BlockExplorer, come at me.)

Supported Exchanges
  • Cryptopia
  • Stocks.Exchange
  • TradeSatoshi
  • CoinExchangeIO
  • CryptoBridge
  • SouthXChange
  • Graviex
  • cryptohub.online
  • Crex24
  • TradeOgre

Directions:
1) If you have not already, enable the AwesomeMiner HTTP API on port 17790 (no authentication). This program must be run on the same machine as AwesomeMiner (for now.)
2) Edit the config.json file to add coins you want to see updated. The block explorer type is very important. You can find the types usually at the bottom of the webpage.
3) Run the program.

Example Iquidus
Code:
{ CoinFullName: "Endorphin", CoinShortName: "END", Algo: "NeoScrypt", BlockReward: 5, BlockTime: 120, BlockExplorer: "http://exp.endorphin.network/api/getdifficulty"}

Example CryptoChainz
Code:
{CoinFullName: "BitCore", CoinShortName: "BTX", Algo: "Timetravel10", BlockReward: 3.13, BlockTime: 161}

Example minerpool
Code:
{ CoinFullName: "Victorium", CoinShortName: "VIC", Algo: "Ethereum", BlockReward: 6.25, BlockTime: 30, BlockExplorer: "minerpool"}

Example Insight API
Code:
{ CoinFullName: "BitcoinPrivate", CoinShortName: "BTCP", Algo: "Equihash", BlockReward: 6.25, BlockTime: 30, BlockExplorer: "https://explorer.btcprivate.org/api/status?q=getDifficulty"}

Files available here: https://mega.nz/#F!U74lxBLK!wVh2Q5ME5ffNcYi1Y5XeoQ

Donation Addresses by Request:
BTC: 3BMEXzWNozUS2p8EBQz2pjhEUQM4yDApXt
ETH: 0xfa8eda5139Ec1EB480e5cc67e99920C70A8361C6

Rough Visual Guide, courtesy of cashen! (If anyone knows click to display markup to hide the below, please let me know)

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:03:30 PM

Amazing. Merit points for you!
cashen

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:29:09 PM
Merited by soothaa (1)

Just to give everyone some idea how it works. Pics below.

It appears I have not configured something correctly. I'll keeping trying.

soothaa (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:32:09 PM

I currently do not support API authentication, that is the cause of the error. Great idea on the screen caps BTW, do you mind if I steal them and add them to the OP?

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
cashen

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:44:06 PM

I currently do not support API authentication, that is the cause of the error. Great idea on the screen caps BTW, do you mind if I steal them and add them to the OP?
Go right ahead.
soothaa (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:49:46 PM

Go right ahead.
Did removing API auth get the coins updating for you? And thank you!

cashen

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:54:47 PM

UPDATE:

Got it work.

When you look at the coin it will not show exchange rate, just mining profitability.

So if you previously specified a coins difficulty, block reward, and exchange rate. This program will do all the calculations in the background and change it to profitability.

I'm not sure the full extent of this yet but one thing this does effect is if you had that coin on the bottom ticker bar it will not show a value anymore.

soothaa (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:57:06 PM

UPDATE:

Got it work.

When you look at the coin it will not show exchange rate, just mining profitability.

That is correct. AwesomeMiner only provides the ability for me to pass a BTC per MHs value to the coin, nothing more.   Sad

cashen

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:00:46 PM

UPDATE:

Got it work.

PICS REMOVED
That is correct. AwesomeMiner only provides the ability for me to pass a BTC per MHs value to the coin, nothing more.   Sad

double Sad
soothaa (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:04:25 PM

I'm not sure the full extent of this yet but one thing this does effect is if you had that coin on the bottom ticker bar it will not show a value anymore.
Yikes! That's not cool.. totally unintended consequence..

My suggestion would to be re-add the coin under a slightly different tag and re-add it to the bottom :/

cashen

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

My suggestion would to be re-add the coin under a slightly different tag and re-add it to the bottom :/

Yes, but remember the price only updates when you update the stats so it's almost pointless to have an added coin which doesn't update on your ticker...
soothaa (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:20:26 PM

Yes, but remember the price only updates when you update the stats so it's almost pointless to have an added coin which doesn't update on your ticker...
Darnit that's true. Can you give me your example of what is happening? Are we talking about Innova? (Only one off the top of my head I know conflicts)

cashen

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:43:57 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 06:45:04 AM by cashen

Darnit that's true. Can you give me your example of what is happening? Are we talking about Innova? (Only one off the top of my head I know conflicts)

So Sparks2 is using your program to update and Sparks uses the reward, difficulty, and BTC exchange.

Like I said before its really no big deal for the ticker because most people would not add a coin to a ticker which they have to constantly update, but i'm not sure if those values (Reward, difficulty, Exchange rate) are used elsewhere.

EDIT: had sparks2 and sparks switched... oops.

rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:05:15 PM

I get a lot of PMs asking me about my custom AwesomeMiner coin program so I have decided to release it.

This is not for the technically illiterate. I am making nothing off this program. I do not offer support. I will however, be monitoring for good ideas, enhancements, etc. This is a rough first release. There WILL be bugs.

AwesomeMiner Coin Updater 0.1

Details:
Updates coin statistics inside of AwesomeMiner for coins not on WhatToMine. This can be extremely useful for new and bleeding edge coins.
The income values will be very far off at first run. The program pulls the current nethash of each coin and stores them and smooths it out after a few minutes to hours. Maximum of 24 hours data is used.
Caches exchange prices to prevent API limits. Useful for starting up and debugging.
Supported Explorers: Iquidus and CryptoNote (I plan on adding more as I find them, or as requested for popular ones)
Supported Exchanges: Cryptopia, Stocks.Exchange, TradeSatoshi, CoinExchangeIO

Directions:
1) If you have not already, enable the AwesomeMiner HTTP API on port 17790 (no authentication). This program must be run on the same machine as AwesomeMiner (for now.)
2) Edit the config.json file to add coins you want to see updated. The block explorer type is very important. You can find the types usually at the bottom of the webpage.
3) Manually create the coin inside AwesomeMiner (I have a request in to Patrike to be able to add custom create coins via the API - yet to be implemented)
4) Run the program.

Files available here: https://mega.nz/#F!U74lxBLK!wVh2Q5ME5ffNcYi1Y5XeoQ

Rough Visual Guide, courtesy of cashen! (If anyone knows click to display markup to hide the below, please let me know)

I quiet understand your opening statement " This is not for technical alliterate" but i was thinking and appealing whether it will be possible for you to run the basic tutorial on mining for the interest of the "technical illiterates" like my self who is interested in mining but do not know how and where to get the necessary help.
cashen

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:50:12 PM

I quiet understand your opening statement " This is not for technical alliterate" but i was thinking and appealing whether it will be possible for you to run the basic tutorial on mining for the interest of the "technical illiterates" like my self who is interested in mining but do not know how and where to get the necessary help.

I suggest you use awesome miner. They might have some good tutorials.

I think it is simpler than nicehash and much more profitable.

And, when you get more advanced you can really use it to its full potential.
zorvalth

Activity: 223

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:14:31 PM

Are you sure Awesome miner is using nethash average to calculate profit? I havnt used it much and havnt check but i have an app which basically do the same thing to show mi the profit of coins which are not listed on WTM, first i was trying to use the average nethash for 24h and the value was totally unusable. Then I changed to collect the difficulty and use a formula to calculate the profit and this was way more accurate and gave me the same estimates as WTM.
cashen

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:48:57 AM

Are you sure Awesome miner is using nethash average to calculate profit? I havnt used it much and havnt check but i have an app which basically do the same thing to show mi the profit of coins which are not listed on WTM, first i was trying to use the average nethash for 24h and the value was totally unusable. Then I changed to collect the difficulty and use a formula to calculate the profit and this was way more accurate and gave me the same estimates as WTM.

Is your question does Awesome Miner use nethash or does this plugin use nethash?

Awesome miner uses the profitability which the pools provide.

I believe this plugin uses the nethash to calculate rewards and then uses exchange rates to calculate profitability.
zorvalth

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:28:45 AM

Is your question does Awesome Miner use nethash or does this plugin use nethash?

Awesome miner uses the profitability which the pools provide.

I believe this plugin uses the nethash to calculate rewards and then uses exchange rates to calculate profitability.

Yep, I took a closer look. The plugin is using average nethash to calculate profit and send BTC per MH value to Awesome miner. Awesome miner is using WTM and they use average difficulty to calculate profit. So right now i dont think that plugin calculation is accurate, at leaast from my test when i was using average nethash to calclulate my profit the value was always way too higher. Then I found this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567730.msg28352235#msg28352235 and on the next post was this "Nethash is only an estimate, this value is never real and yes the real mining formula uses difficulty - thats the value relevant to finding a new block." which explained why my estimate was always high when using proportion of nethash average  and my hashrate to calculate the estimate. Then I started to use the average diff and realised WTM is using it too and its way more accurate.
soothaa (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:17:03 PM

Yep, I took a closer look. The plugin is using average nethash to calculate profit and send BTC per MH value to Awesome miner.
This is correct.

zorvalth

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:07:38 PM

Yep, I took a closer look. The plugin is using average nethash to calculate profit and send BTC per MH value to Awesome miner.
This is correct.

Then the profit calc wont match WTM calculation and if you are using Awesom miner with mixed calculated coins (WTM and plugin) it wont be effective. To make it correct you need to calc the profitability based on the average diff for the last 24h.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: