Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:17:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb To Newbs: Gaining Merit Fast!  (Read 599 times)
DAOfan (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:35:01 PM

Isnt this the n-th thread about a newbie coming for the first time to the "Meta" section of the forum after their daily posting in bounties to talk about the merit system and hope to get some merits?

What else do you people do? Refresh your own "Merit Page" every 2minutes to check which kind-hearted Merit source dropped some merits on you for making "An extremely thread" - attempts at which has been made n-number of times in the last 3 months.

I seriously hope a new rule to be applied: Newbies making threads about "Merit" = InstaPermaBAN

Huh? I wrote this thread a month ago btw. I did it to help weed out the good threads about merit from the bad ones. But hey, ya'll merit thread haters won't even read what I wrote, or look at the timestamp before shooting off some jerkoff comments about how annoyed you are that a noob might use *your* forum.

Did a merit source once give you some merit for complaining about all the merit threads?

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:33:58 AM

Actually some of this tips might work, but it'll take a lot of time, before you figure out how everything works here.
Still the best way to earn merit is to create a useful content, but to understand what is really useful, you'll need a couple of months of active reading
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:51:09 PM

Now i get it, compile stuff that are already posted with the same topic for the sake of lazy users who dont want to jump from one thread to another,  this will harvest more merit (hopefully) nice try op, but hey folks, this is what merit system has made us, if not, enlighten me, the thread is informative but the intention is cloudy. Though your effort precedes you,. Anyway thanks for this thread.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 03:17:58 PM

~
I seriously hope a new rule to be applied: Newbies making threads about "Merit" = InstaPermaBAN
Should have strict rule like this in order to keep merit system works as one of powerful tools to control spammers to rank up, and to reduce spamming threads/ topics in the forum; to prevent the scenario of turning to 'shitshow forum' (sorry for these bad words, but I would like to emphasize this point). Several boards which designed only for serious discussions are un-allowable for low ranked users.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:21:55 AM

Actually some of this tips might work, but it'll take a lot of time, before you figure out how everything works here.
Still the best way to earn merit is to create a useful content, but to understand what is really useful, you'll need a couple of months of active reading
Right! Forum newcomers should spend their valuable time to discover structures of the forum and its operational mechanism, its rules, its ranking system, its merit system (of coures, the system has been extremely hot after launched).
By the way, I give you link to topic of iasenko, who ranked up several days ago to Full Member due to his intensive efforts to contribute to the forum through dozens of constructive, helpful threads and topics. Spend your time to read and learn from this guy's experiences.
Full Member thanks to merit system (iasenko)
Spending your time to show us your shits won't help you.
DAOfan (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:09:19 PM

Now i get it, compile stuff that are already posted with the same topic for the sake of lazy users who dont want to jump from one thread to another,  this will harvest more merit (hopefully) nice try op, but hey folks, this is what merit system has made us, if not, enlighten me, the thread is informative but the intention is cloudy. Though your effort precedes you,. Anyway thanks for this thread.

I don't understand why I keep getting these comments. I made this to help newbs. Newbs don't have merit to give. I can't farm merit from people who don't have any merit and as you see I haven't received much merit, yet I still am adding to this thread weekly.

I do agree it is upsetting that when people see something like my thread they look at it skeptically. If I do something to help someone get more merit, and then later on they decide they want to give me some merit for helping them, isn't that what the system is for? I help people save time and energy and they can decide if that is worth a merit or not. Am I missing something?

blackberry862

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

Solaris & ZeroCoin & txbit.io exchange ! Go !!!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:53:52 PM

I don't understand why I keep getting these comments. I made this to help newbs. Newbs don't have merit to give. I can't farm merit from people who don't have any merit and as you see I haven't received much merit, yet I still am adding to this thread weekly.

I do agree it is upsetting that when people see something like my thread they look at it skeptically. If I do something to help someone get more merit, and then later on they decide they want to give me some merit for helping them, isn't that what the system is for? I help people save time and energy and they can decide if that is worth a merit or not. Am I missing something?
You are missing a point since the start of the topic, more exactly since the original ideas and objectives of the topic lighted in your head. That's why your topic have not received positive feedback from readers.
DAOfan (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:58:11 PM

Another great thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3358364.0
For forum nostalgics - how data show forum evolution

Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:55:25 AM

I made this Bitcoin Quiz Merit Reward awarding merit for who will get the best answer. Just have fun answering things about bitcoin. My latest question is
Question No. 3

Is Bitcoin vulnerable to quantum computing?
Code:
Answer:
Waiting for more answers and I will check for who've got the correct or best answer.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: